Old 3rd May 2010, 20:53   #47
BHPian

Welcome aboard. Beautifully Introduced.

great long narration.

Drive safe.
Old 3rd May 2010, 21:13   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
P.S: In your profile pic, I see the temp guage showing overheating. May be you should check!
I thought no one would notice:P We were driving back from Varkala to Blore and the engine was heating up bad, real bad. We reached home on a prayer and zero engine oil! Fortunately, the engine didnt seize. Whether it was because its a Fiat engine or divine providence remains a mystery

CPH, where you been all these 8 years that Ive had the Fiat?? Well, I guess I wasnt around here. You gotta be kidding man! Doubled in power?? Wow, you will be hearing from me soon because the only thing I know how to tune is the FM radio. I sure would love to pump up my baby

To the rest of the folks...ARM, DRC, Utopian, Ponmayilal, James, R2D2, gautam, scuderia, musicman, jacs, airwolf, Abdulrahman.....whew, my thanks for the wonderful spirit displayed here

Lohith, I write because I enjoy doing it, not professional, yet. Someone asked me about English classes....yes, I did teach English online.....to Chinese students...it was traumatic.....

Last edited by GTO : 4th May 2010 at 10:14. Reason: Note from Mod : Please refer to our rules before proceeding. No more than 2 smileys per post are permitted
Old 3rd May 2010, 21:37   #49
BHPian

That's one different intro. You stand out in the crowd with your wacky language skills!

Welcome aboard,WOT. Wishing you many safe miles ahead...
Old 3rd May 2010, 21:55   #50
Senior - BHPian

Welcome WOT! What an intro!! Hope you have a long drive here.
Old 3rd May 2010, 21:59   #51
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Remember few fairer skins on TBHP but not seen anyone active except one or two.
The "fair" in the term "fairer sex" doesn't refer to skin colour. It refers fair as in 'just' - he is a very fair judge etc. So the term "fairer skins" is meaningless.
Old 3rd May 2010, 22:54   #52
Senior - BHPian

Wow, what a rocking intro !!!!
Welcome to team-bhp !
I rarely read intro threads, but this one was popping up every now and then right from the morning ! So, couldnt help but write atleast a 'welcome' !! Whats our record on the intro thread pages ? I think this will shoot up to the extreme !
Old 3rd May 2010, 23:17   #53
Senior - BHPian

A women's heart is a deep ocean of secrets. I mean, you know that there is something different in a woman and whatever they write, often it comes naturally and straight from the heart. And after reading this intro of yours, this fact has been reinforced even further.
Outstanding.

I would say that while we do different things, you do things differently, and that's what shows in the beauty of your introductory writeup, straight from real life experience. Because you have seen what life's like. And narrated. Superb!

BTW please don't believe many people. They may be misguiding you that the car has a B pillar. The fact is that I know nothing about cars, but I do know that a car does have only two pillars-one at front and one at rear. the front is where life progresses, the life where we look forward to and pray everyday that it gives us success.

And the rear is like our past-it may have been good, bad or even we had our best moments that we may never forget. But yes, to look forward is the best thing to do today.

With that gem of an intro, you can turn out to be "unlike any other". Hope that you will have a nice time with us on team-bhp and we too can look forward to your wonderful posts in the future.

Welcome aboard!

And yes, a car only has A and C pillars, as shown in these pics below (courtesy team-bhp)!
Attached Thumbnails
Ahoy! woman aboard!!-merc_ecoupe_02.jpg  

Ahoy! woman aboard!!-merc_ecoupe_15.jpg  

Old 3rd May 2010, 23:35   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by woman.on.top View Post
AlokSriva, thanks for the compliment. Did my eloquence make you reply or my handle? Just curious
To be honest - neither. I was on the floor laughing (literally) after reading Akshay's comment and had replied to him. However, after posting the comment I realized it won't be polite, and that my post would stick out like a sore thumb, if I didn't put in my greetings when everyone else is going overboard welcoming you. Therefore, I edited my post putting in welcome message. And while I was at it, I thought of calling spade, a spade.

Another honest remark - if your introductory thread didn't have 'woman' in the title, trust me, you would have experienced a might turbo lag in taking off on this forum.

And BTW, you are yet to familiarize yourself with the forum's rules - your post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introd...ml#post1867641" has more than 2 smileys/emoticons which is against forum rules.

No offense intended whatsoever!

@Sid - dude, we all knew you as T-BHP's official scoop master, this is a new side of you I saw for the first time - philosopher (ocean of secrets, pillars of life) ! Way to go!!

Last edited by AlokSriva : 3rd May 2010 at 23:43. Reason: Comment for Sid added
Old 4th May 2010, 00:12   #55

Mr.Sam KApasi has met his writing match! Welcome aboard. More details on that old Fiat you mentioned!!
Old 4th May 2010, 00:23   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
The fact is that I know nothing about cars, but I do know that a car does have only two pillars-one at front and one at rear. the front is where life progresses, the life where we look forward to and pray everyday that it gives us success.

And yes, a car only has A and C pillars, as shown in these pics below (courtesy team-bhp)!

Pillars?! What on earth are those?

Ahoy! woman aboard!!-img_9861.jpg
Old 4th May 2010, 00:30   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Pillars?! What on earth are those?
Oh boy!!!! From philosophy to absolute nirvana!!
Old 4th May 2010, 03:28   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by woman.on.top View Post
I discovered wheels rather ungracefully and in an unladylike fashion, sometime around 10, when I sneaked a ride on my brothers' bicycle.

Our souls met across the dust of the drive and before I could change from 1st gear to 2nd, we had come out of the rough and onto the smooth highway with Atif Aslam singing " Yeh Doorie" on the stereo and us holding hands across the front seats.....He made me a collection of 12 seasons of Top Gear, each cover personally designed and bar coded with my name! My internal combustion engine misfired happily. We drove off into the sunset with the 'Just Married' placard on our car in January this year.
Welcome aboard! A refreshingly different intro. And hey, congrats for having found your soul mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
@others: My introduction got like 5 replies.
LOL. We are a biased lot, aint we?!!
Old 4th May 2010, 06:53   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
@Lalvaz: Check out the picture in her profile.
@others: My introduction got like 5 replies.
Welcome aboard WOT. Nice intro.

I suspected zero responses to my intro and didnt bother. You atleast got 5.
Old 4th May 2010, 10:02   #60
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard Woman.on.top.

Great writing skills.

And your husband is one lucky man.Very few have such petrolhead wives!

Cheers!

Note from Mod: Woman.on.top's introduction thread has gone on long enough. This discussion = closed.

Last edited by GTO : 4th May 2010 at 10:16. Reason: Adding thread closure note
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks