Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2005, 11:29   #1
BHPian

Hi Guys

Hi Everyone,

I was just searching for some info on tuning my OHC Type 2 around Coimbatore and I found this great site. I think it is the best I have come across in India. Being a software engineer by profession, I spend close to 8 hours a day on the net and I have seen so much, that I actually help my overseas customers find the DIY kits to spice up their BMW's, Merc's and TT's. Always felt it was pity that India lacked such informative groups......... just to be prooved I was wrong. Great place guys.

If anyone happen to read this and has some suggestion on Mods for the OHC for performance, please let me know. I have done 33K on my City, fitted K&N Filters and 185/60/13 Eagle Ventura tyres. did not do much about the exteriors as I was not sure if we got the right kind of kits. Never had the heart for something that was not "Made for the City"... can't wait to meet the pertol heads in here.

Have fun drivin.....

Sri
Old 25th October 2005, 13:58   #2
Team-BHP Support

Welcome - you can check my reviews on mods for my Vtec in the review section of the forum. Fit a strut brace - makes the car very accurate on turn-in
Old 25th October 2005, 14:34   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome Mate,

You right, Its really a great site, with plenty of useful info.

About modification, It depends how much you wants to spend. But I think you can start with Spark Plugs (Iridium Plugs), then Free Flow Exhaust, Head Shave, Pot Polish, Turbo, Nos......

Enjoy your stay..

Cheers,
Mugen_Power
Old 25th October 2005, 14:44   #4
Senior - BHPian

hey quicksilver
welcome to bhp im sure youll have a great stay !!

Rev
Old 25th October 2005, 15:54   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech
hey quicksilver
welcome to bhp im sure youll have a great stay !!

Rev
Thanks... I am sure I have landed in a great place too
Old 25th October 2005, 15:56   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power
Welcome Mate,

You right, Its really a great site, with plenty of useful info.

About modification, It depends how much you wants to spend. But I think you can start with Spark Plugs (Iridium Plugs), then Free Flow Exhaust, Head Shave, Pot Polish, Turbo, Nos......

Enjoy your stay..

Cheers,
Mugen_Power
Hi Mugen_Power,

thanks for the info... yes I am aware of what all I could do, but am really looking for some mods that do not alter any basic features of the car... like snap=on kits that I can swap with the OEM if needed..... Will check out the articles though.... thanks again.

Regards

Sri
Old 25th October 2005, 15:59   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
Welcome - you can check my reviews on mods for my Vtec in the review section of the forum. Fit a strut brace - makes the car very accurate on turn-in
thats Cool.... am trying to find someone in Coimbatore or somewhere around here that would supply me with the Iridium spark plugs and Strut braces.... or if there are any reliable dealers out there who will send them by courier.... any ideas ?

Regards

Sri
Old 25th October 2005, 16:43   #8
BHPian

Welcome to the group sri
Old 25th October 2005, 17:02   #9
BHPian

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish.sathish
Welcome to the group sri
Thanks krish.sathish. I saw some of your posts on the forums earlier... can't believe I have spent my whole day on T-BHP today but good nevertheless....
Old 25th October 2005, 17:04   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome aboard bro,
enjoy your stay here.
Along with strut braces, try upgrading to 14" Alloys and Tyres - Potenza GIII/Eagle F1 GS D1, A KN filter, Free Flow and maybe port andpolish the head. That should be good for the begining.
Kits for the city are available quite easily and you can buy it from Mumbai/Delhi/Banglore and take it to Coimbatore.
Old 25th October 2005, 17:22   #11
BANNED

Welcome

hi bro welcome to tbhp! dis forum is realy great and the way they welcome newbies is awsum. tbhp RULES ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 25th October 2005, 17:34   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
Welcome aboard bro,
enjoy your stay here.
Along with strut braces, try upgrading to 14" Alloys and Tyres - Potenza GIII/Eagle F1 GS D1, A KN filter, Free Flow and maybe port andpolish the head. That should be good for the begining.
Kits for the city are available quite easily and you can buy it from Mumbai/Delhi/Banglore and take it to Coimbatore.
Hi Lambo,

I have already added K&N Filters to my Stock City (can't say there is a big performance increase... not sure if I did anything wrong) and fitted Eagle Ventura tyres about couple of months back. Can't think of changing them to 14" yet but the spark plugs and the Strut Braces are on my list for this month. Maybe when I save more dough I will go in for a turbo charger. Am not for tinkering with the engine/pistons yet.... thanks for your ideas, let me see what all I can fit into my budget.

Honda_89 thanks and yes I agree with you on the awesome response newbies get here... thanks guys.... Team-BHP ROCKS !!!
Old 27th October 2005, 01:17   #13
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to our forum, quicksilver.

U've got a wonderful car. But, I think ur tyre upsize is totally wrong. The correct upsize should be 185/70/R13 or 185/65/R14. Pls see if u can change them.

U can check with Leelakrishnan of coimbatore for ur OHC's mods. He's even turbo-charged a fellow team-bhpian's OHC to put out 140 bhp. Isn't that music to ears??
Old 27th October 2005, 10:46   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
Welcome to our forum, quicksilver.

U've got a wonderful car. But, I think ur tyre upsize is totally wrong. The correct upsize should be 185/70/R13 or 185/65/R14. Pls see if u can change them.

U can check with Leelakrishnan of coimbatore for ur OHC's mods. He's even turbo-charged a fellow team-bhpian's OHC to put out 140 bhp. Isn't that music to ears??
Hi nitrous,

that sure is music am going to check out with Leela today. I dont think I could change the tyres yet.... just done about 9K on them (changed my first set at 25K when I got a good offer from a local tyre shop walla who took my MRF's for half-the-price... but I suspect he was just trying to push the Eagles...). But the handling of the car had iicreased enormously after this tyre change.... no drop in FE.... the only downside is, my car scrapes every other bump on the road now cuz of the low profile tyres :( . Good thing I drive it alone most of the time.....

Thanks for your reply.... looking forward for more ideas on the Mods

Sri
Old 27th October 2005, 11:41   #15
BHPian

hey pals
wadz burnin??
this is rony!!
and i need some suggestions on which car to buy??
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks