Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2010, 16:40   #1
Senior - BHPian

Drive into the unknown

Hi, I am Ajoy Roy 59 years old.

My passion has been Automobiles, and I spent all my Scholarship money during college in acquiring tools to repair all gadgets including cars. Though my wife is pestering me to get rid of all my tools (there are in three medium sized cabinets full of hand tools, power tools and measuring instruments), but I have resisted. Every time I go abroad I collect some more!

During my college days I used to do all repairs on my Car (Ambassador) and the bike (Jawa) starting from basic tuning to engine overhaul and suspension interior etc. Once I started working and better cars came, I have been doing only routine tuning as the current automobiles last and last.

My Vehicles - Jawa (69), Ambassoador(70), Fiat (83), M800 (91), M800(97), Esteem (2000) and now Alto K10 (Aug, 7,2010). The last two are my current posessions.

Family - Wife and two sons - 32 & 25

Profession - Though I passed out with MSc in Physics, I have worked in various fields - Environment Engineering, EDP, Project Management Consultant, Software Design and Highway Geometric Design. Last six years I was Consulting in both IT Infrastructure as well as Highway Design Consultant for projects of WB, ADB, DFID, NHAI etc.

Future - Get an SUV and Travel, Travel & Travel.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2010, 17:45   #2
BHPian

Welcome aboard Ajoy. Wow 3 cabinets of tools!! Can't wait to see your contributions to technical stuff.
Old 16th August 2010, 10:13   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeDrive View Post
Welcome aboard Ajoy. Wow 3 cabinets of tools!! Can't wait to see your contributions to technical stuff.
Thanks.

Last Sunday got one of the first Alto K10, VXi variant. Have already clocked 400+ km. Tested it in the insane morning rush traffic and the deluge of last week. Will post a review shortly. In the mean time -

Car accelerates like no business for this segment. The power curve is peaked so that the first rush occurs at 2500 rpm and the next at 3500 pushes you back on the seat. Gearing at 5th is 2500 rpm at 80 kph.

Changed the tyres to Michelin and they provide a very quiet ride as well as a fantastic grip in the rain. I think larger tyres (13") help both in the ride and performance in the rain.

Front seats can be pushed all the way back. This results in a peppy two seater with above average legroom.

TOOLS - I will start a separate thread for the tools and instruments at a later date. Though most of my acquisition is from college days (1969-74), recently I acquired a few interesting pieces while traveling abroad - 1/2" x 15" masonry drill bit (excellent for making holes in the wall for new AC pipes), a set of wood hole cutters - 10mm to 100mm.
Old 16th August 2010, 11:40   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the forum Ajoy sir. Being a DIYer myself, would love to see your collection on tools. Here's one that is running already - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...ols-diyer.html
Old 16th August 2010, 20:15   #5
Team-BHP Support

Wow! Congrats on the purchase. Waiting for your ownership reviews.
Old 30th August 2010, 11:06   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Aah. So there you are, Ajoy-da. Welcome aboard Team-BHP. I'm sure we can all benefit from your immense technical expertise and experience regarding automobile repair & maintenance.

Incidentally, what's your son's handle on T-BHP?
Old 30th August 2010, 11:10   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Aah. So there you are, Ajoy-da. Welcome aboard Team-BHP. I'm sure we can all benefit from your immense technical expertise and experience regarding automobile repair & maintenance.

Incidentally, what's your son's handle on T-BHP?
Thanks a lot. Nice chat we had yesterday. I will get my son's handle and let you know.

In the mean time how is your crusade with Concept Motors faring?
Old 30th August 2010, 11:18   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
...your crusade with Concept Motors...
No crusade there, Ajoy-da. Just hoping to get the best possible care for my Hawk-on-fours from them. The ownership thread is here.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed