Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2011, 19:42   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba

Woah!! 9 settings ? That is awesome. I sincerely this is no dream.

I am a week away from the race chip from Germany.

aks i would need your support to know more about how your settings went;
Sure, at any time. To change the setup, we need to unscrew the outer cover and change the settings.
I tried posting the picture but the size of the photo seems to be > 1 mb. I try posting it tomorrow. Any how you can see it in the manual coming along with race chip running box.
aks_karthik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2011, 10:42   #47
BHPian

Re: My Linea MJD - with race chip

Oh! My bad! I thought this thread was for RaceDynamics (| racedynamics.in). I had not heard of race chip. I compared with Pete's box in cost and ease of switching modes. RD is 30% cheaper and has eco mode as well plus local team. Sorry if I sounded like advertising for them (though I owe them one review )
Old 23rd September 2011, 10:54   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Sure, at any time. To change the setup, we need to unscrew the outer cover and change the settings.
I tried posting the picture but the size of the photo seems to be > 1 mb. I try posting it tomorrow. Any how you can see it in the manual coming along with race chip running box.
Thanks for info,
I thought there are no settings in my box
I opened it yesterday and saw two dial settings. It was 'B' and 1, now I did 'D' and 4. There is marginal difference in performance.
Old 23rd September 2011, 11:59   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raosaheb Desai View Post
Thanks for info,
I thought there are no settings in my box
I opened it yesterday and saw two dial settings. It was 'B' and 1, now I did 'D' and 4. There is marginal difference in performance.
I have the same issue and asked the Support Team and got this mail below and English Manual attached.

" The position 8 is the minimum and the maximum position 7 that is, if you adjust the left knob clockwise, you have more Performance.
An example: The left rotary switch is in the basic setting Position "B ". They go to position "C" and therefore have a More power of about 21.5%. Go to position "C" in position "D"
you again about 1.5% more power or about 23%. Per position, the You adjust clockwise, you have 1.5% more power. In Position "7"You have reached the maximum.
The right knob is responsible for the duration of the power increase, So long as the extra power in the rev range to be available.
You will need this is normally not to pretend.
Before you change the settings, however, should our Attitude test, as these normally the optimum setting is for your vehicle. If you are not satisfied, then increase First, please only way the left knob position. "
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Einbauanleitung-RC-3plg-En-N.pdf (2.62 MB, 2991 views)
aks_karthik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2011, 12:10   #50
Senior - BHPian

Nice information here on tuning chips, i checked the Racechips website and was plesantly surprised to see Indigo Manza there under Tata . Now its just the wait untill the 2nd service to get this chip box fixed.

Btw since this is plug n play it should not hamper any warranties from the company correct?
Old 23rd September 2011, 12:25   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
I have the same issue and asked the Support Team and got this mail below and English Manual attached.

" The position 8 is the minimum and the maximum position 7 that is, if you adjust the left knob clockwise, you have more Performance.
An example: The left rotary switch is in the basic setting Position "B ". They go to position "C" and therefore have a More power of about 21.5%. Go to position "C" in position "D"
you again about 1.5% more power or about 23%. Per position, the You adjust clockwise, you have 1.5% more power. In Position "7"You have reached the maximum.
The right knob is responsible for the duration of the power increase, So long as the extra power in the rev range to be available.
You will need this is normally not to pretend.
Before you change the settings, however, should our Attitude test, as these normally the optimum setting is for your vehicle. If you are not satisfied, then increase First, please only way the left knob position. "
I think I have to do it again. Will try another setting as stated.
Old 23rd September 2011, 17:18   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Nice information here on tuning chips, i checked the Racechips website and was plesantly surprised to see Indigo Manza there under Tata . Now its just the wait untill the 2nd service to get this chip box fixed.

Btw since this is plug n play it should not hamper any warranties from the company correct?
Its a plug and play.

If you sense trouble with anything at all, then unplug, go back to OEM ways and take it to service center like an innocent kid.
Old 23rd September 2011, 18:57   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
Its a plug and play.

If you sense trouble with anything at all, then unplug, go back to OEM ways and take it to service center like an innocent kid.
hahaha yeah i can do that, when they say that the turbo lag is even more evident i guess its because once turbo spools with the chip the push is more evident than in stock system? Or will it hamper bumper to bumper driving in traffic?
Old 23rd September 2011, 19:03   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
hahaha yeah i can do that, when they say that the turbo lag is even more evident i guess its because once turbo spools with the chip the push is more evident than in stock system? Or will it hamper bumper to bumper driving in traffic?
Seriously motomav I have no clue about this one.

My thought was since I am planning the Race chip on a Figo where engine's the bottom end and mid range is good and Turbo lag is not very evident, I would be able to boost the top end which is the sore point in the figo. I mean the suspension and ride dynamix are good for 140-150 but the engine just lacks outright power. Hence my decision;

Now is it going to affect the turbo lag , I think you will have to wait til Oct when i lay hands on my chip.
Old 28th September 2011, 11:54   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
Now is it going to affect the turbo lag , I think you will have to wait til Oct when i lay hands on my chip.
Now that you have the chip... put it on and let us know how different the car behaves. All the best.
Old 10th January 2012, 08:40   #56
BHPian

Some updates after some time:

My car has now done 28K+ Kms in 2.5 years.
The RHS Passenger door beading came lose a couple of weeks ago. After inspecting it closely, observed that the beading has metal clips inside which is meant to hold it tight on the door panel. Some of these metal clips in the beading have rusted and broken and caused it to come lose. Went to Concorde near Dairy Circle and got it replaced. Costed around Rs.200-250 for the part, no labour was charged.

A month ago I did a round trip to Shimoga and back in a single tankful :-). Took the longer route: Bangalore-Chitradurga-Chennagiri-Shimoga, but reached faster. Distance is 305 kms one way (about 25kms longer than BH road) and took about 4:30 - 4:45 hrs to cover. This road is a zillion times better than the regular BH road, which has gone kaput near Birur/Tarikere.

Am planning to change the default setting of my racechip this weekend. So far it's run on the default setting, which is the nominal increase. Let's see what it does ;-)
Old 24th January 2012, 14:30   #57
BHPian

Dear fellow Lineans,
My MJD is one year old. second service done just few days back.

Is this a problem: From 40 kms to 60, there comes boooooooming sound upto 70-80. After the normal 'high-speed sound'.(Well, we dont expect such high engine sound from such a beautiful lady. Do we?)

Is this normal at all??
I remember it was not there in the initial 6 months or so.
I reported it at service. They requested to check it after service, if still exist, they will look into it.
Problem is the high pitch happens at empty roads when you accelerate fast.

Any of you experienced such booming sound?
Is it because of a loose AC belt or something similar?

Pls let me know....
Old 24th January 2012, 14:50   #58
BHPian

Is it more like a turbo whine? Lineas usually are noisy at higher speeds, and there is also quite a bit of wind noise above 90-100kms...but I have not come across any peculiar sound below those speeds.
Old 24th January 2012, 15:43   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdadi View Post
Some updates after some time:

My car has now done 28K+ Kms in 2.5 years.
The RHS Passenger door beading came lose a couple of weeks ago. After inspecting it closely, observed that the beading has metal clips inside which is meant to hold it tight on the door panel. Some of these metal clips in the beading have rusted and broken and caused it to come lose. Went to Concorde near Dairy Circle and got it replaced. Costed around Rs.200-250 for the part, no labour was charged.

A month ago I did a round trip to Shimoga and back in a single tankful :-). Took the longer route: Bangalore-Chitradurga-Chennagiri-Shimoga, but reached faster. Distance is 305 kms one way (about 25kms longer than BH road) and took about 4:30 - 4:45 hrs to cover. This road is a zillion times better than the regular BH road, which has gone kaput near Birur/Tarikere.

Am planning to change the default setting of my racechip this weekend. So far it's run on the default setting, which is the nominal increase. Let's see what it does ;-)
I finally managed to change the Racechip switch settings over the course of last weekend and test it out. Tried two different settings. You can see below my experience with each of them.

Config (a)
left switch - 1 (def. is "B")
Right switch - 1 (def. is "1")

In this state of tune, my experience was that there is definitely a more pronounced whoosh (pins you to the seat) at around 2500 rpm than before. I presume that this is the peak torque spot. There is a little bit of jerking (you can notice only if you are really attentive) at very low speeds when holding a higher gear. I conclude that this could be a good setting when you want to undertake outstation / long trips on highways.

Config (b)
Right switch - C (def. is "1")

In this configuration, there is a very noticeable increase in low-end torque / pulling ability at low speeds. The car feels butter smooth in city driving conditions (i.e. 0 - 60kmph). There is a little less spike at the 2500 rpm tick than with config (a). I really love this setting for city driving and this would probably be my standard setting from now on.

Havent found the time to do some drag measurements. Will try to do that sometime next week if possible.
Old 24th January 2012, 15:54   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdadi View Post
I finally managed to change the Racechip switch settings over the course of last weekend and test it out. Tried two different settings. You can see below my experience with each of them.

Config (a)
Right switch - 1 (def. is "1")

In this state of tune, my experience was that there is definitely a more pronounced whoosh (pins you to the seat) at around 2500 rpm than before. I presume that this is the peak torque spot. There is a little bit of jerking (you can notice only if you are really attentive) at very low speeds when holding a higher gear. I conclude that this could be a good setting when you want to undertake outstation / long trips on highways.

Config (b)
Right switch - C (def. is "1")

In this configuration, there is a very noticeable increase in low-end torque / pulling ability at low speeds. The car feels butter smooth in city driving conditions (i.e. 0 - 60kmph). There is a little less spike at the 2500 rpm tick than with config (a). I really love this setting for city driving and this would probably be my standard setting from now on.

Havent found the time to do some drag measurements. Will try to do that sometime next week if possible.
As per the RaceChip Manual, There's no need to change the Right Switch, Only we need to tweak Left one and if Engine lugs, then we have to match it up by tweaking Right switch.
I too wanted to try it. But need to do it after the 45000 Kms service will happen on March 2012.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks