Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2011, 16:56   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Linea MJD - with race chip

congrats, first linea with the race chip .

i was expecting that the lag reduces after the box. with the box it will be more painful to drive in the city then.
Old 21st May 2011, 11:38   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg
congrats, first linea with the race chip .

i was expecting that the lag reduces after the box. with the box it will be more painful to drive in the city then.
Nope, I too installed Race chip tuning box in my Linea. It won't increase low end, minimize turbo lag. But we can feel a dramatically change mid and high range. Once it reaches 2000 rpm the car is like a jet. Really I love the power.
Old 21st May 2011, 16:04   #18
Senior - BHPian

Race Dynamics at bangalore have developed a brilliant plug and play box for common rail engines tested to "realistically" put out around 23%-26% additional peak power and 20%+ torque with better drive-ability (less lag at low rpms unlike other tuning boxes) and also a 4 map- multiple map selector via a remote control just stuck to the dash board!!! You can choose between stock and 3 custom maps by just a press of a little button on the remote glued to the dash board. The cost also seems to be extremely reasonable for the offering as against so many other products.

There was a shoot out done by Auto car last year against RD ecu vs Petes vs some imported ones vs xyz, the Race Dynamics tuning box put out close to 1 full second faster figures in a dash to 100kmph against the closest competitor. I think their tuning boxes are definitely worth a shot.

I am waiting for the running in period (5k kms) of my Cruze to get done with, will pop the tuning box, dyno the car and post the graphs here.

Pls PM me for their contact details is anyone's interested...

Last edited by The Wolf : 21st May 2011 at 16:33.
Old 21st May 2011, 20:14   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Race Dynamics at bangalore have developed a brilliant plug and play box for common rail engines tested to "realistically" put out around 23%-26% additional peak power and 20%+ torque with better drive-ability (less lag at low rpms unlike other tuning boxes) and also a 4 map- multiple map selector via a remote control just stuck to the dash board!!! You can choose between stock and 3 custom maps by just a press of a little button on the remote glued to the dash board. The cost also seems to be extremely reasonable for the offering as against so many other products.

There was a shoot out done by Auto car last year against RD ecu vs Petes vs some imported ones vs xyz, the Race Dynamics tuning box put out close to 1 full second faster figures in a dash to 100kmph against the closest competitor. I think their tuning boxes are definitely worth a shot.

I am waiting for the running in period (5k kms) of my Cruze to get done with, will pop the tuning box, dyno the car and post the graphs here.

Pls PM me for their contact details is anyone's interested...
I've spoken to most of the chip makers in India about their product and all the relevant details. All the details are in my post here : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2316006

The race dynamics one is 25,000. I think that's overblown considering the racechip from Germany is just less than HALF that. And as per the authors posts, its pretty good to have as well (Chiptuning von RaceChip - Prof. Motor Tuning gnadenlos preiswert).

Most probably, after my exterior and interior mods are done I'm going to get the racechip from Germany.

Thanks for reading
Old 21st May 2011, 20:36   #20
Senior - BHPian

are you seeing any black smoke on heavy acceleration?
Old 21st May 2011, 22:29   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
are you seeing any black smoke on heavy acceleration?
That's quite normal under hard acceleration when you have a chip installed
Old 23rd May 2011, 21:11   #22
BHPian

Congrats for the faster stunning looking machine. Linea is one of the best handling car with superb ride. Fiat should have given more powerful engine to match the dynamics. Now you have that extra power to support it. I wonder you have not replaced stock filter with k&n. You will get some benefit in reducing the lag. Comparing the cost Race chip box is value for money. Reading your review I am now thinking one for my x trail. My experience with pete's box in swift was not so satisfactory hence I dropped the idea of installing pete's box in x trail (also they quoted whopping 46k)
Old 23rd May 2011, 22:27   #23
BHPian

Thanks Mr.Desai. I have the following add-ons lined up (not decided the order or even whether I will do it right away).
- K&N Filter (btw, experts, do you recommend going in for full conical type or stock replacement variety?)
- 15" alloys (not keen on changing to 16" though I guess this would suite the care much better...currently I am inclined towards Team Dynamics JetSilver 98pcd, but it costs 40k :-(

I have already ordered Philips Xtreme Power & Xtreme Vision H7 and H1 bulbs (already got the H7) from carbulbsdirect...will mostly fit that in this weekend.
kdadi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2011, 13:40   #24
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations kdadi on your prized possession.

Please keep us updated as you crunch miles. Happy motoring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdadi View Post
- 15" alloys (not keen on changing to 16" though I guess this would suite the care much better...currently I am inclined towards Team Dynamics JetSilver 98pcd, but it costs 40k :-(
If you're interested in buying used Fiat Linea OE alloys, you can contact our fellow BHPian jaisha8 as he is selling a set of alloys. For more details, visit jaisha8's ownership log - My Fiat Linea Experience - Vocal White.

Disclaimer: I am not associated with jaisha8 by any means, except for the fact that I've been following his ownership log on Fiat Linea and I gain no benefit from this deal.

PS: I tried to share this piece of information via PM and e-mail. But my attempts were futile as kdadi is a Newbie BHPian.

Last edited by Klub Class : 25th May 2011 at 13:49. Reason: Fixed the typo.
Old 25th May 2011, 14:52   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post

If you're interested in buying used Fiat Linea OE alloys, you can contact our fellow BHPian jaisha8 as he is selling a set of alloys. For more details, visit jaisha8's ownership log - My Fiat Linea Experience - Vocal White.

Disclaimer: I am not associated with jaisha8 by any means, except for the fact that I've been following his ownership log on Fiat Linea and I gain no benefit from this deal.

PS: I tried to share this piece of information via PM and e-mail. But my attempts were futile as kdadi is a Newbie BHPian.
Thanks for the info - will consider that in my decision as well. Yes, I am a newbie (I read a lot on t-bhp and for many years now but don't post often)...
Old 28th May 2011, 22:26   #26
BHPian

Hi kdadi,
As mentioned earlier, your post encouraged me to go for Racechip.
I got it today morning, along with K&N filter.

Initial drive was no extra power, also no extral turbo lag(lag was bit lower than stock)
But as soon as I floored the throttle on open road, I cold feel extra horses with all drama of wheelspinning and ESP lighting.

At any speed I could accelerate noticeably more than normal.
Old 28th May 2011, 23:06   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raosaheb Desai View Post
Hi kdadi,

Initial drive was no extra power, also no extral turbo lag(lag was bit lower than stock)
But as soon as I floored the throttle on open road, I cold feel extra horses with all drama of wheelspinning and ESP lighting.

Excellent! Another racechipped car! Congrats to you too sir, and here's wishing you many superb miles in your new rocket. Please let us know your FE readings after driving with the chip. Thank you!
Old 29th May 2011, 17:13   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Hi kdadi,

Fantastic & congratulations! Enjoy the ride.
Old 29th May 2011, 20:41   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My experience with pete's box in swift was not so satisfactory hence I dropped the idea of installing pete's box in x trail (also they quoted whopping 46k)
could you elaborate on this "not so satisfactory" as quite a few forum members have had good, measurable and significant increase in performance with Pete.
Old 29th May 2011, 22:17   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByDesign View Post
Excellent! Another racechipped car! Congrats to you too sir, and here's wishing you many superb miles in your new rocket. Please let us know your FE readings after driving with the chip. Thank you!
Thanks
FE dropped considerably, from 11 to 8.5 kmpl. Maybe I am driving like a drag racer in last two days!!!
Also battery was disconnected while chip box installation and now onboard computer is making new calculations after reboot.
May get proper figures after a while.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks