Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2006, 12:58   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
Well,
another update - The fiesta was hit today by an accord. Nothing serious. Just a Broken Bumper but it hurts like hell.
As for the squeaking noise, i will have to check once again to see if it is coming or whether it was just my imagination.
Anyways.
See you at 10,000 km.
I experienced this squeaking noise in my fiesta. Told to fix that in first service and they said that it is fixed. They said the problem was related to the hand brake. The same day when i drove the car back home the noise was still coming. I am yet to ask them
Old 10th May 2006, 01:23   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

good to see fiesta doing well and impressing customers,but i seriously agree with you for lack of grunt ,that is felt in even moderate driving espesially if you have driven the accent crdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashd
Done 4500 km. Brakes seems to be ok (zxi 1.6) but crossing bumps with 4 psngers is not very smooth. Car is very steady at high speed. May be thats due to alloy wheels. FE for 1.6 is impressive...around 13 kmpl with a/c.
alloy wheels making a car stable.
Old 14th May 2006, 15:41   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

.anshuman,
my driver, for some reason finds the car really powerfull. Even after driving the Palio 1.6.
He puts it in the league of the corolla.
Oh and the squeaking has gone. The noise in the rear is a rattling knocking one which is quite loud over bumps.
Cheers
Old 14th May 2006, 17:17   #34
BHPian

Quote:
.anshuman,
my driver, for some reason finds the car really powerfull. Even after driving the Palio 1.6.
Oh and the squeaking has gone. The noise in the rear is a rattling knocking one which is quite loud over bumps.
Cheers
lol ...i'm sure he doesn't dare take the car to the rev limit so i guess his impressed with getting good accelaration from low speeds in high gears due to low end torque ... that way diesels are damn good for indian cities.
Old 15th May 2006, 12:29   #35
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Same with me and i think almost all the TDCi owners. I mean i dont understand why fiesta goes upto 3.5 k RPM so fast. It feels fast but its not. I tried to race a Accent CRDi and he sure beat me in 3rd gear long way. (The accent Guy had 15 inches so that makes like 7% difference)

All my friends say "Yaar yeh car itni jaldi RPM kyon pakad rahi hai. NOS NUS to nahin lagvaya hai ismein"

Though car is nice no doubt about it. I had a bit of sniggling problem with the car after driving it after so many days. But got them fixed ASAP. Kudos to Bhagat Ford. No labour charges etc for fixing the problem.

Quote:
.anshuman,
Cheers

Last edited by abhibh : 15th May 2006 at 12:33.
Old 16th May 2006, 23:12   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys,
the average has dropped by 1.5 kmpl to 12.xish
It is the same driver driving it, same place, same time.
According to me, it should have increased as the engine would be set properly and he wou8ld get proper judgement.
Please Help.
Add to the list of niggling problems -
The deck was not repaired, the rattling noise is irritating. Will lodge a complaint tomorrow.
Cheers
Old 17th May 2006, 08:50   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Guys,
the average has dropped by 1.5 kmpl to 12.xishCheers
summer - so specific value of fuel may less - i could be wrong
Old 15th June 2006, 21:04   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys,
i had a question to ask diesel car owners.
When is the ideal time to upshift in a diesel car?
Our driver upshifts at 2500 rpm. Is this too much for a diesel car considering the red line is around 4000 - 4500 rpm?
Thanks
Old 15th June 2006, 22:34   #39
BHPian

hmmm....

Quote:
Guys,
i had a question to ask diesel car owners.
When is the ideal time to upshift in a diesel car?
Our driver upshifts at 2500 rpm. Is this too much for a diesel car considering the red line is around 4000 - 4500 rpm?
Thanks
I would say from my personal expereince, until de engine is cold; shifting any where btw 2500- 3000 is ok.

when it's already up and running for some time, den 2000 - 2200 depending on your air con...

Jai
Old 17th June 2006, 13:54   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks bro..
I was also wondering how the engine oil looks because the one in our car is thick and black and the driver says we should change it, something Shaman should have done when it went for the 2nd service.
Cheers and thanks.
Old 17th June 2006, 14:38   #41
BHPian

I think the oil looks thick and black in all the diesel cars,I find it the same in my crdi as well as Fiesta tdci
Old 17th June 2006, 14:43   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arif_t01
8.52L??? ours was 7L and OTR price 7.46L at Trivandrum, Kerala...more than 1L difference???

Mumbai taxes,octroi etc is the culprit for that difference.Now it shoudl be more than that since they hiked the price in March
Old 17th June 2006, 17:49   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks Artofzen.
Also does changing the oil make the car lighter to drive because according to our driver, the oil change will make the car smoother and less lethargic and he won't have to force it to get to normal speeds in the same time (for eg, if he does 0-50 in 12 secs regularly, without the oil change it takes him a sec or 2 longer).
Cheers and Thanks
Old 2nd September 2006, 19:43   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

10,000 km report

Hey guys,
the car has done 10,000km and has held up quite well except for some niggling problems.
- the squeaking/rattling/groaning noise is still there but the useless FORD people didn't solve it again. Instead, our driver solved it by putting some sponge on the cardboard covering the spare tyre.
- The Ford CD player is acting up and everytime we go over a bump (including the ones on Marine drive) its stalls for a second before continuing. Any idea what we can do about it?
- The cooling fan (a.c.) stopped functioning when the car had done 6152km and had to be repaired.
- The black goey thing on the left side passenger door glass has returned.
I will post the full service history when the car becomes a year old.

Now for the plusses -
- the average has increased a bit and the highest we got was 15.44 kmpl in Mumbai with a.c. but it's around 13-ish now.
- the car was taken on the expressway for the second time and it returned and average of 17.5 and that included driving in Pune and Mumbai evening traffic on the way back.
- My brother who drove the car was very impressed about the way it handled at speeds of upto 140kmph. We did not push it further.
- It is more comfortable then the Corolla. Something i realised when i had to take the Corolla to school everyday for a week and i gave up on it and shifted back to the fiesta. Besides, i like the once a week pit stops for fuel which never happened in any other car that i took to school before.

Other stuff -
My friend broke the number plate while opening the trunk so now i am getting one that i like put.

Check out the gallery. The pics will be updated quite frequently and post your comments on them.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vbpicg...?do=view&g=208

Cheers
Old 3rd September 2006, 17:43   #45
Senior - BHPian

Hey Lambo, good report and sounds like your baby is doing well! Are you sure the squeaking noise has gone after your driver has done the sponge bit? If it comes back, try asking them to open up the handbrake cable, lubricate it and then put it back; if that doesn't work, ask them to change the beam bushes on top of the dead axle. One of these should work , let me know.

Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks