Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2014, 23:38   #91
BHPian

Re: Got my *pre-worshipped* Chevy Spark LS from Maruti True Value!

Congratulations StrangeWizard on your new acquisition. Beat is certainly a looker. I have been following your thread and it was one of the imortant factors to make me believe spark is a good car to own. I have almost finalized on a pre-owned Spark and will post about it soon. Wishing Many happy and Safe miles !
Old 22nd February 2016, 19:59   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
After 3 years of using the Spark (19 May 2011 to 13 May 2014) I finally replaced it with a pre-worshipped Beat LS in black which I got in excellent condition.

The Beat has done just 15k kms.
I did consider Swift and Ritz but these cars rattle a lot and honestly I've been spoilt by the Spark which didn't make a single sound.
Hey StrangeWizard, nice and helpful updates on your Spark driving and servicing experience. Read through all the posts since I'm a original Spark owner since May 2009, though have driven very sparsely by your standards

Have loved the car but it's bled me financially with over Rs 1 lakh spent on service since mid-2012 when my three years of free service got over. Also empathised with you when I read your updates and concluded that it's a deceptively expensive car to maintain and own. Had doubted the service centre I go to (still do, actually ) but I now gather it's also a thing with the car and GM's atrocious pricing policies on spares for this car.

I'm told the Beat is less expensive to maintain. It'll be great to know your experience so far. Are you still with it?
Old 24th February 2016, 14:55   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by curios View Post
Hey StrangeWizard, nice and helpful updates on your Spark driving and servicing experience. Read through all the posts since I'm a original Spark owner since May 2009, though have driven very sparsely by your standards

Have loved the car but it's bled me financially with over Rs 1 lakh spent on service since mid-2012 when my three years of free service got over. Also empathised with you when I read your updates and concluded that it's a deceptively expensive car to maintain and own. Had doubted the service centre I go to (still do, actually ) but I now gather it's also a thing with the car and GM's atrocious pricing policies on spares for this car.

I'm told the Beat is less expensive to maintain. It'll be great to know your experience so far. Are you still with it?
Hey man,

The Spark was ridiculously expensive to maintain. The Beat is much cheaper to own though. I get it serviced at an after-market garage and a normal service usually costs Rs. 2200 or so.

Haven't really replaced any parts yet except the front brake pads and all four tyres.

The AC isn't cooling properly these days though so need to get it checked. The car was doing 1500-2000 kms a month earlier but now running has come down since I'm using another car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks