Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2013, 21:39   #361
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Car is looking pretty good at close to 50k on the odo. The 3M guys have achieved decent shine on a white car.

Any reason you din't opt for the Primacy LC replacement from michelin ?
Price was the main factor. Even XM2 is more expensive than Yokohama AVS DB. PLC itself was expensive, I'm sure the replacement will be costlier still!

Plus- everyone I spoke to (except KarthikK. ) dreaded the soft sidewalls of the Michelins. AVS DB seems slightly better in that aspect. Important since the car is my daily drive.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2013, 22:30   #362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Plus- everyone I spoke to (except KarthikK. ) dreaded the soft sidewalls of the Michelins. AVS DB seems slightly better in that aspect. Important since the car is my daily drive.
Hmm after sitting on the fence for long got PLC for my dad's car. Its brilliant but I've to always warn the driver to be slow and careful.

I'll also have to swap if I get dreaded MRFs on my ecosport. Looking at all possible (economical) options.
shashank.nk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2013, 18:50   #363
BHPian

re: A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 2,00,000 km up! Edit: Sold

Quote:
Had a brilliant drive over the weekend.

Bangalore - Alleppey - Bangalore.

RD box was sitting at home. I'm surprised with the change in the stock engine response. Its true that FIAT engines do get better with time! The drive involved a lot of high speed cruising due to heavy rains. Have a look at the final FE figures! Wasn't driving to extract FE - may be the effect of all the cruising.

Attachment 1136588

Attachment 1136589

Yes - she's nearing the 48,000 kms milestone - and she will be 1 1/2 years old tomorrow.

Some random pictures taken over the past two weeks -

Attachment 1136591

Attachment 1136592

Attachment 1136593

On the negative side -

I'm absolutely frustrated about the a/c issue.
I am aghast seeing your FE figures! And from other forums as well! I have a 2012 Punto Sport but I never manage to return figures like these and I dont have a heavy right foot either.

In Bangalore City, the car returns around 13.5-14 kpl. My office route being BTM-Electronic City-BTM. Generally travelling alone.
And I drive down to Kerala often, and it returns about 17 kpl. I generally travel with my wife, my son and his nanny (luggage fully loaded)
All figures from the MID. AC always on.

Not that I am very unhappy about it, but it looks pathetic compared to yours.

Also, my car has done about 30K now (due for the 3rd service) and the turbo lag still exists all the way upto 2000 rpm.

I am not sure if I am doing something terribly wrong. Help?
Old 1st October 2013, 21:02   #364
BHPian

re: A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 2,00,000 km up! Edit: Sold

Quote:
Price was the main factor. Even XM2 is more expensive than Yokohama AVS DB. PLC itself was expensive, I'm sure the replacement will be costlier still!

Am using PLC from day one on my Punto and belie me roads in this part of the country are worst and had suffered only two punctures till date, the tyres are amazing and after 40k still good for anther 5k and i have done lots of high speed driving and sometimes not cared about the potholes, but anyways Yokos are as good, am sure you must be enjoying the Punto handling more with Yokos.
parimal_g is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2013, 14:06   #365
BHPian

@ CD - I looked at the thread and it was Deja Vu.

The MRF ZLO has very very similar tread pattern.

Cross posting from another thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3258816

May we request you to post a pic of the oil dip stick right after service to put to rest our fears ?

Have many more fun filled miles

Cheers
Old 9th October 2013, 09:04   #366
Team-BHP Support

I have not been posting anything about the car since I am trying hard to get the a/c issue resolved. Everything else seems secondary now!

Meanwhile, it went through two more cleaning and detailing sessions at 3M HSR layout. So that takes the total number to 12. Didn't take any photographs this time though.

Also had planned to install interior footwell LEDs along with the red rocket (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3260578), but that also had to be postponed at the last minute since I dont want the service guys to screw up the wiring when the work on the a/c unit.

Car will be taking us to Chikamagalur this weekend - and that should bring up a big milestone - 50,000 kms on the odo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
I'll also have to swap if I get dreaded MRFs on my ecosport. Looking at all possible (economical) options.
So did this happen yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raneeth View Post
I am aghast seeing your FE figures! And from other forums as well! I have a 2012 Punto Sport but I never manage to return figures like these and I dont have a heavy right foot either.

In Bangalore City, the car returns around 13.5-14 kpl. My office route being BTM-Electronic City-BTM. Generally travelling alone.
And I drive down to Kerala often, and it returns about 17 kpl. I generally travel with my wife, my son and his nanny (luggage fully loaded)
All figures from the MID. AC always on.

Not that I am very unhappy about it, but it looks pathetic compared to yours.

Also, my car has done about 30K now (due for the 3rd service) and the turbo lag still exists all the way upto 2000 rpm.

I am not sure if I am doing something terribly wrong. Help?
Dont worry. FE depends a lot on driving conditions. My daily route is from Yelahanka to Whitefield through ORR - and most of the time i work off peak timings. I see fellow member nkrishnap reporting similar FE numbers as yours and he travels peak traffic timings in bangalore.

Regarding turbo lag - you might want to read Karthik's remapping report!
Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
Am using PLC from day one on my Punto and belie me roads in this part of the country are worst and had suffered only two punctures till date, the tyres are amazing and after 40k still good for anther 5k and i have done lots of high speed driving and sometimes not cared about the potholes, but anyways Yokos are as good, am sure you must be enjoying the Punto handling more with Yokos.
AVS DB is a decent handler, but nothing exceptional! It really shines in the areas of NVH and comfort though!
Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
@ CD - I looked at the thread and it was Deja Vu.

The MRF ZLO has very very similar tread pattern.

Cross posting from another thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3258816

May we request you to post a pic of the oil dip stick right after service to put to rest our fears ?

Have many more fun filled miles

Cheers
Wish I could help! But sadly - I am nearing the 50k mark and the next service is not due till 60k. nkrishnap and KarthikK also completed their service two weeks back only. I suggest you post this in the Punto TD thread so that someone who is going for regular service should be able to help sooner.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 9th October 2013 at 09:05.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2013, 20:29   #367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So did this happen yet?
Nope. Looks like it'll take a month or so.
Old 17th October 2013, 11:16   #368
Team-BHP Support

50,000 kms.

So - the big milestone has come and gone.

50,000 kms completed in 585 days since purchase.
A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 2,00,000 km up! Edit: Sold-20131015_181546_800.jpg

Here are some pics. Will post a detailed report once the a/c issue is resolved, hopefully this weekend.

Car ready for the Chikmagalur trip. Got her washed and waxed.
A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 2,00,000 km up! Edit: Sold-20131012_145737_800.jpg
A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 2,00,000 km up! Edit: Sold-20131012_145842_800.jpg
A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 2,00,000 km up! Edit: Sold-20131012_145542_800.jpg

Pics from the trip -

A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 2,00,000 km up! Edit: Sold-20131014_111339_800.jpg

A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 2,00,000 km up! Edit: Sold-img_9118_800.jpg

A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 2,00,000 km up! Edit: Sold-img_9178_800.jpg

A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 2,00,000 km up! Edit: Sold-img_9188_800.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th October 2013, 11:32   #369
BHPian

Re: 50,000 kms.

Quote:
So - the big milestone has come and gone.

50,000 kms completed in 585 days since purchase.
Attachment 1153761
Congrats mate. Big milestone crossed. And I think you need to get the bulb of your number plate checked.
Old 17th October 2013, 13:07   #370
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post

Congrats mate. Big milestone crossed. And I think you need to get the bulb of your number plate checked.
Got it changed last week, but the warning has cropped up again. Looks like a loose contact rather than bulb issue.
Old 17th October 2013, 21:31   #371
BHPian

Quote:

Got it changed last week, but the warning has cropped up again. Looks like a loose contact rather than bulb issue.
Congrats CD.
At 50k your BNW still looks new from the showroom, very well maintained.

Had same issue for left parking light.

Warning light used to crop up time and again, but has dissappeared by itself after the end of monsoon.
Not sure, but I suspect moisture to be the culprit.
S.MJet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2013, 08:58   #372
Team-BHP Support

FINALLY - A/C ISSUE RESOLVED!

Its heating now, cooling now and what not. I'm a happy man. Although it took a long time coming, the dedication shown by FIAT and the dealer towards the end was impressive. Anyways, all is well now.

Anyone facing the similar problem and wants to know more details - please PM me. I wont be posting more details on the thread.

Now, time for -

1. Footwell LEDs like Karthik got for the red rocket. Plan was to get it done together, however - I had to wait since the a/c work was in progress.

2. RD dual channel box will go back under the hood this friday.

3. Dyno run on Saturday. Yes, the box goes head-on against the remapped red rocket. Probably - I'll lose this one by a big margin.

4. Full interior detailing at 3M. Its been 50,000 kms and only exterior detailing till now. Time to get the interiors back to showroom condition as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.MJet View Post
Congrats CD.
At 50k your BNW still looks new from the showroom, very well maintained.

Had same issue for left parking light.

Warning light used to crop up time and again, but has dissappeared by itself after the end of monsoon.
Not sure, but I suspect moisture to be the culprit.
Thank you. But sadly - its not showroom condition and has a few scratches thanks to Bangalore traffic. Thanks to 3M car care and Trend Automotive, Bangalore - I have been able to minimize it. I now repent my colour choice though! Red/ black would have been a lot better for detailing - even your grey for that matter looks so elegant.

Warning light was checked by the service center again. Gone now and hasn't come back for the last 1 week. Hopefully - things remain this way.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 23rd October 2013 at 09:02.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2013, 13:02   #373
BHPian

Quote:
4. Full interior detailing at 3M. Its been 50,000 kms and only exterior detailing till now. Time to get the interiors back to showroom condition as well.
I am also planning interior detailing some time during Diwali break.
Can you pls share the cost.

Quote:
I now repent my colour choice though! Red/ black would have been a lot better for detailing - even your grey for that matter looks so elegant.
I disagree pls, white & red are the best suited colors for Punto.

Infact I feel I have made a mistake by selecting M Gray. It may look elegant but not gorgeous, the way Punto should be.
S.MJet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2013, 14:03   #374
Distinguished - BHPian

I am very glad that the AC issue got resolved finally. You will have to write a book to let people know how it got resolved . This one was weird for sure.

You can keep away from scratches on the car. Even nobody bumps into you, a few idiots who cant see a scratchless car will scratch it to satisfy their sad souls. I have one on the bonnet. Friday will ask Sidhu to fix it.
Old 27th October 2013, 18:23   #375
Team-BHP Support

Dyno run completed for the RD dual channel box.

More update here -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3276972

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks