Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2016, 12:37   #571
Team-BHP Support

re: A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 2,00,000 km up! Edit: Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarMaster View Post
Hi, I suggest you not to use the car for few more days as TN registered cars and buses are being targeted here. This can happen anytime of the day or night. So, please be safe.
Yes, thank you. Being very careful about it, and using cab as much as possible. I don't believe it was the local Bangalore crowd that created trouble, but better to be safe than sorry.

Also, since I have already paid the road tax in Bangalore last year itself, need to get the registration changed to KA number ASAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
CD,

A query. Is there any way to prevent inside windshield fogging while driving through rains with circulation mode on Fresh air? Presently if I used the windshield defogger (front), defogging happens at a mush faster way. If I continuously keep the AC on, it gets chilled inside the cabin (have this issue with the ears, Tinnitus. The ears gets blocked soon). Any other way out?
One cheap and simple product you can try is Proklear Anti-fog. It's available in Paytm. I got it free with the windshield water repellent. I haven't tried it in the car, but it works like a charm on the bathroom mirror () which gets properly hazy otherwise when taking bath with hot water.

It's cheap, easy to use (spray and wipe) and can be ordered online. So no harm in trying?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 22nd September 2016 at 12:39.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 20:04   #572
Team-BHP Support

re: A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 2,00,000 km up! Edit: Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Battery changed to Amaron Flo, once again.
Post which, the HU was not getting power. Got it checked at the shop today and turned out to be a loose connection, not sure how and why it cropped up just along with the battery change.

Enginebay damping

Anyways, while I was at the shop, noticed a brand new Innova getting the bonnet damped and just like that I decided to try it out as well , even though I was not sure it would be effective. Firewall insulation would have yielded much better results, but that would be a very long process.

A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 2,00,000 km up! Edit: Sold-img20160930134353_800.jpg

A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 2,00,000 km up! Edit: Sold-img20160930134620_800.jpg

There is a noticeable reduction in noise on the outside, while almost nothing inside. Only difference inside while driving is felt just off idle rpms, the engine note during idle is a bit harder to hear now, but the noise is just the same post 2k rpm. Need to make good use of the remaining material (Only half a sheet was required for the bonnet).

100 / 90 Flosser Headlamp bulbs.

Was using 130/100 Osram Rallye bulbs for the past few months and I was not satisfied with it. These bulbs were Chinese make, and performed far worse than the German made 100/90 Osrams I had in the car prior to this set. But those did not last long.

Switched from Osram to another German brand - Flosser 100/90. First impressions seem positive, but its just too early to tell. Haven't heard of the brand earlier, but just went with the installer recommendation this time.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 20:32   #573
BHPian

A shop in CBE tried pushing these Flosser bulbs as some manna from lighting heaven. But a a search revealed that they are a German OEM brand which also supplies for Volvo. They are as good as any german OEM bulbs. How expensive were they ?
sai_ace is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 20:55   #574
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai_ace View Post
They are as good as any german OEM bulbs. How expensive were they ?
Cheap. 480Rs a pair/- if I remember correctly. Unfortunately, I couldn't wait to pick up the bill since the owner was away for lunch when my work was done, so I am not exactly sure of it.

Don't think it would be any better in terms of lighting as compared to the Osram 100/90. However, I'm hoping it would hopefully be longer lasting.

The Chinese made Osram 130/100 was a disappointment though.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 30th September 2016 at 20:57.
Old 30th September 2016, 21:28   #575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Enginebay damping

Anyways, while I was at the shop, noticed a brand new Innova getting the bonnet damped and just like that I decided to try it out as well , even though I was not sure it would be effective. Firewall insulation would have yielded much better results, but that would be a very long process.
Can the damping material withstand the engine bay heat? Would be eager to know how it goes for you. I have some left overs after the door damping. Probably can use the same for the engine bay.
Old 1st October 2016, 09:02   #576
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Can the damping material withstand the engine bay heat? Would be eager to know how it goes for you. I have some left overs after the door damping. Probably can use the same for the engine bay.
I was told that they have done it earlier on diesel cars without any issues, but it can't stand the heat of petrol engines.

Will report after using it for a couple of months.
Old 1st October 2016, 10:51   #577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was told that they have done it earlier on diesel cars without any issues, but it can't stand the heat of petrol engines.
That is some grade A nonsense thrown about. A turbo civic is running the same without any issues.

Did he use paint thinner to clean under the bonnet?

Last edited by SunnyBoi : 1st October 2016 at 11:00.
SunnyBoi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2016, 11:10   #578
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
That is some grade A nonsense thrown about. A turbo civic is running the same without any issues.

Nice. Although I have read this particular post and clearly remember his comments about the Lambo and the Mickey Mouse bag, I totally forgot about the damping part. Good that others have tested it already. Then I can probably use the leftover material in the Xcent (not that it needs any!), if I don't find any use of it in the Punto.

Already the door pads have been damped, and now bonnet has been covered as well. Any other suggestions for damping? Firewall seems to be a very tricky proposition.

Regarding thinner- it did not strike me till you pointed it out. Need to check and give them some good 'advice' if they did!
Old 1st October 2016, 11:22   #579
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Man, I hope that Sheenlac bottle had some all purpose cleaner and not the thinner!
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2016, 13:48   #580
Team-BHP Support

1,30,000 kms update

Crossed the 130k milestone yesterday. As usual, the customary pic and some boring statistics to follow -

Number of days: 1686 days (4 years, 7 months, 11 days).

Average Usage: 77.1 kms /day.
Time taken for the last 10k kms: 166 days @ 60.2 kms/day.

A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 2,00,000 km up! Edit: Sold-img20161022204605_800.jpg

Issues faced + Service Experience #21 - General Service @ 129900 kms.
Service Satisfaction - ****-
Service Centre - True Sai Motors, Salem.

An average (and a bit disappointing compared to the earlier one) service experience with True Sai Salem.

Positives -

Work is still carried out with utmost dedication and it is really heartening to see them work in a very dedicated manner.

Wheel balancing and alignment is done with a level of dedication seen nowhere else. I'm not exaggerating when i say they took a few hours on this. Vehicle was taken for a trial run soon after the general service was over, checked for issues and they themselves noted that slight left pulling is there for the car. This was later corrected and then sent for balancing and alignment, post which another trial run was performed.

Underbody wash is performed meticulously. The service boy took more than half an hour just to get the under body clean of all the mud.

Negatives -

As with most other service centers, they were pushing for unnecessary items to be added to the repair. This includes "a/c cleaning treatment - Rs 1050/-", "Lubrication treatment - Rs 493/-" etc which I asked the service guy not to do. "Standards checks - Rs 230/-" was included in the repair order itself as he insisted it is mandatory for every service.

Brake pads were checked by the technician and he mentioned to me that it would last for about 4000 kms. So its better to have it changed. It felt decent enough for my eyes, so I informed him I will get it checked at 4k kms and take a call then. SA later comes in and says it will last for 1k - 1.5k kms which I felt was pure BS.

For body wash, they use a plain old towel (What in the world is microfibre!). Another white Punto was washed and polished next to mine and it looked significantly yellowish compared to mine after the polish. Asked them not to do any polish for interiors as well as exteriors.

I feel the costs are going high for just a general service, that need no extra issues to be taken care of! Things like anabond, putty blade etc even though minimal costs are irritating additions and they would have happily added another 1500/- for a/c cleaning and lubrication of doors, had I not protested. As it is, 1400 for wheel alignment and overall 10k for a service is on the higher side.

Costs -

A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 2,00,000 km up! Edit: Sold-untitled1.jpg

Maintenance costs till date -

A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 2,00,000 km up! Edit: Sold-untitled2.jpg
A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 2,00,000 km up! Edit: Sold-untitled3.jpg

A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 2,00,000 km up! Edit: Sold-untitled4.jpg

Some random pics -

Brake pad thickness for which SA mentioned 1.5k kms life -
A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 2,00,000 km up! Edit: Sold-img20161022113234_800.jpg

An issue with indicator bulbs throwing intermittent errors traced to a burnt holder than needed attention -
A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 2,00,000 km up! Edit: Sold-img20161022123255_800.jpg

Service bay -
A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 2,00,000 km up! Edit: Sold-img20161022121707_800.jpg

Underbody washing in progress
A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 2,00,000 km up! Edit: Sold-img20161022172539_800.jpg

Washing in progress.
A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 2,00,000 km up! Edit: Sold-img20161022175011_800.jpg

Ready for delivery.
A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 2,00,000 km up! Edit: Sold-img20161022181813_800.jpg

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 23rd October 2016 at 13:56.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2016, 22:30   #581
Senior - BHPian

If you are based in B'lore, best place for Wheel Alignment is Madhus. After KHT messed my Linea's alignment during 2nd service, I have stopped doing WA at FASS.

I also feel 10k for General service is on a bit higher side, and charging for minor consumables like Anabond, Putty is real silly.
Do share your feedback to Fiat (service@fcagroup.com).
finneyp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2016, 23:11   #582
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
1,30,000 kms update
[/ATTACH]
Standard Checks - 690, Isn't this included in the 15K Service labor charge?

Tyre Rotation - 165, Do they charge for tyre rotation as well? What extra work are they doing here because anyways all tyres are removed for balancing.
Old 24th October 2016, 01:37   #583
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
If you are based in B'lore, best place for Wheel Alignment is Madhus. After KHT messed my Linea's alignment during 2nd service, I have stopped doing WA at FASS.

I also feel 10k for General service is on a bit higher side, and charging for minor consumables like Anabond, Putty is real silly.
Do share your feedback to Fiat (service@fcagroup.com).
Hello old friend. Long time no see.

Used to be a regular at Madhus, but had issues with the alignment twice in a row (After more than half a dozen good visits though!). Yet to go back there again. I stick with 5k intervals for balancing and alignment, the previous one at 125k kms done at one center near home itself.

True Sai does a good job of WA without doubts, but they are charging almost double the cost of a normal center in Bangalore. No need of it.

It's not even putty, it's putty blade. God knows what they did with it. Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Standard Checks - 690, Isn't this included in the 15K Service labor charge?

Tyre Rotation - 165, Do they charge for tyre rotation as well? What extra work are they doing here because anyways all tyres are removed for balancing.
Yes Arun. But this has become a standard procedure at Vecto as well, to include the "standard checks" in the bill as a seperate entity these days. Even things like anabond and putty blade as well.

Did not have the energy to fight it out at the end of the day. But I'll escalate it for sure, and I don't think I'll be doing back there for any regular issues anytime soon.

Somehow I feel the service centers have been given a free hand to add all these small items to the bill these days. General service satisfaction has been low these days especially when it comes to billing, except for the last visit to True Sai where they did an excellent job of EGR cleaning.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 24th October 2016 at 01:43.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2016, 07:16   #584
BHPian

Quote:
Service bay -
Attachment 1569553
Isn't that a Nissan Sunny, at a FIAT service center ? Sorry for the odd question but I always thought that True SAI was a FASS.
Old 24th October 2016, 10:27   #585
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrez View Post
Isn't that a Nissan Sunny, at a FIAT service center ? Sorry for the odd question but I always thought that True SAI was a FASS.
Yes. It's the new Sunny test drive vehicle. I have no clue what it was doing there at a FASS though! Was parked at the same bay when I arrived and was there till noon, but no activities were performed on the car atleast during the duration of my stay.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks