Team-BHP - DSG packs up on Skoda Laura CR140 - NOW: DSG fails 3RD time
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   DSG packs up on Skoda Laura CR140 - NOW: DSG fails 3RD time (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/120881-dsg-packs-up-skoda-laura-cr140-now-dsg-fails-3rd-time-7.html)

I bought a manual Jetta, despite Bangalore's horrible traffic. Now you know why!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat (Post 3010390)
I bought a manual Jetta, despite Bangalore's horrible traffic. Now you know why!

+1. I wanted a superb diesel and it only came in AT - so I dropped the plans of Superb and picked up a MT Laura!

^ Same reason for my Manual Superb. Gosh this DSG issue really has no end. Very sad Skoda for not acknowledging this issue and playing covert games. VW/Skoda should publicly apologise for the trauma caused to its DSG owners and extend warranty on all DSG's for lifetime or minimum 5 years with a no questions asked policy. That would go a long way in strengthening customer confidence. Such fine quality vehicles let down by few crucial components.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 3010307)
Manson better yet, I would suggest you get the VAG-com cable from abroad and scan it yourself. Go with the report to Skoda and get them to fix it. I remember Ajmat used to do this.

The VAG-COM Cable will not work perfectly unless u have the VAS5051A/B/C Module or a VCDS Software which is licensed. Also Majority of the VAG-COM cables sold on ebay and other sites do not work.

I would suggest you buy the VCDS Cable from Ross-Tech, www.ross-tech.com . The Hex-CAN - USB cable along with the Licence to use their Software costs about $349/- Can be purchased from here ------->> http://store.ross-tech.com/shop/VCHUC.html

The VCDS system gives you a lot of options to diagnose the Vehicle - Measuring Blocks such as A/c Compressor RPM, Engine Temperature, Etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkaile (Post 3010586)
VW/Skoda should publicly apologise for the trauma caused to its DSG owners and extend warranty on all DSG's for lifetime or minimum 5 years with a no questions asked policy.

I have a Skoda shield that is valid upto April 2015, but what happens after that? Our Laura isn't a daily drive which means it would have barely done 50K at the end of the warranty period at tops and ideally we would have liked to keep it or atleast 2 more years after that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkaile (Post 3010586)
fine quality vehicles let down by few crucial components.

+1. Exactly why my post reads the following text:

Quote:

Originally Posted by manson (Post 3009414)

Isolating my Skoda CR 140 Laura from its rate of part failure and high handed after sales experience, it still is the best option we had whilst purchasing a car for my brother, but I just do not know what to think of basic and extremely vital components like a gearbox and AC compressor packing up this side of 18 months / 20,000 kms of ownership.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat (Post 3010390)

You cant get away that easy from VAG, VW hasn't spared you even with the manual stick, has it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunilrj (Post 3010909)
The VAG-COM Cable will not work perfectly unless u have the VAS5051A/B/C Module or a VCDS Software which is licensed. Also Majority of the VAG-COM cables sold on ebay and other sites do not work.

How simple and more importantly useful is this for an absolute non techie person?

Quote:

Originally Posted by manson (Post 3015305)

How simple and more importantly useful is this for an absolute non techie person?

I am a chartered Accountant By profession, graduated in bachelors of Commerce, Did my 12th in Commerce, but i find VCDS is a Helpful User friendly tool. U dont need to have an advanced level of knowledge in Information technology or Mechanical engineering to use this tool. in fact have helped several Skoda / VW owners with diagnostics as well as the A.S.S. with certain Issues on Customer Cars. All i do is use VCDS, The VCDS error Code explainer on the website and Elsa!

VCDS Cable is a cable Manufactured by Ross-Tech llc the full form of which is Volkswagen Compatible Diagnostic Software. VCDS is a software package for Windows that emulates the functions of the dealers' very expensive proprietary scan tools

if i can use the VCDS with ease, am sure you can also with the same ease!

Apologies for the late update, but the good news is that JMD seems to have fixed everything just fine this time around.

I got the car back about 10 days ago, but nothing at Skoda happens without a little drama. The aircon compressor was fixed in the three day period and notably JMD did not charge me for any consumables either. Alongside the compressor replacement they had apparently performed another reswipe to figure out the blinking light error.
JMD also fixed the 'broken' vent which works how it should now, point to note, initially I was informed it would need replacement, but they figured a fix around this when I pressed for warranty. Not putting Skoda down on this since almost every authorised service centre shares a similar practice.

Just when I was on my way to fetch the Laura from JMD, the assistant works manager called to say that the car was not starting and the blinking light problem has resurfaced. I was almost half way from my place so I decided to show up anyways and check on what was really wrong this time. In the meantime one of the technical guys had the blinking error figured out and diagnosed to moisture trapped in an electrical relay which he duly replaced.

He mentioned that there have been a handful of similar cases and this error shows up only in the mornings or after an engine bay wash which was correct in my case too.

For now, we have done a 600 kms round trip since I got the car back and everything seems to be sorted. JMD has done a reasonably good job on finally fixing all three of my grouses for now and I'm just hoping I will not have to visit them until its time for the second service.

Hey Manson!

Could you please give us an update about the cars current condition? I am on the verge of finalizing my Laura booking. Kinda getting the Skoda jitters. Cheers!

Not the best way to start the day or the festive week, but here it is, the DSG on our Laura 2.0 seems to have packed up again.

https://youtu.be/4gbo6qj7gz4

Fortunately for us, this happened within our building so apart from calling the service manager at JMD Skoda there was not much to be done. Upon hearing the symptoms that I could describe from the above video, Mr. Prem from JMD Skoda confirmed it is mostly a mechatronics / megaclutch failure and would be covered under their goodwill warranty. Turn around time for the same is approximately 15 working days.
For now, he has promptly arranged for a flatbed to have it towed to their Nerul workshop following which he will update me on the course of action.

Simultaneously, based on my previous discussions with him over their unauthorized dieselgate fix tampering and less than original driving experience mentioned below, I have asked for a return to the base map on which he has said he will get back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manson (Post 4223607)
Make: 2011 Skoda Laura 2.0 Ambiente DSG

Engine: 2.0L TDI

Experience in words: The car went in for its annual service (6 years / 70K) early last month and I was only informed of the software update at time of picking the car up. Apart from a short commute or two around the block, I did not get a chance to really stretch its legs until this morning.
As many others on this thread have suggested the surge / torque wave has almost vanished. The power delivery is restricted and extremely ordinary, very contrasting to one of the prime reasons we bought the Laura back in 2011.
Ofcourse the service advisor charged made a big fat 29K bill (inclusive of transmission oil replacement and some pointless rubbish), and we also got the free car care kit.
The service advisor needs me to send him a copy of the registration copy enabling him to update their record. I think I am going to restrain from doing that as a tiny mark of protest.

Couple of quick questions that come to mind:
Is it legal of VW / Skoda / Audi to remap the cars without the owner's consent?
Is it worthwhile paying big fat Euro service bills for extremely average / mediocre performance?
Would a remap be reliable?

Unfortunately for us 3 months after running into the DSG hurdle JMD Skoda & Skoda India have failed to fix it just yet.

Back in October 2017, the DSG failure was first 'diagnosed' to be the deeply infamous mechatronics unit. Thanks in no small way to JMD Skoda and Skoda India the part was covered under their goodwill warranty program (which I must mention is know to be standard warranty in China). A month into the never ending wait the uniquely programmed unit for our car arrived at the JMD service centre and their team did not waste any time in fixing it in and delivering the car after carrying out their tests in the next couple of days.

A day later, the DSG ghost showed up again on a nippy morning when the car again could not crank and we were welcomed by the blinking P indicator in full company of the check engine lamp. I immediately called my service advisor who asked me to visit the service centre for a quick scan.

As planned I visited the service centre and the team then ran a scan on my car which apparently updated some patch on the software. However in the next couple of days the DSG showed its failing head yet again:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Xy4RQe3KO4

Few calls between the service advisor and the works manager at the workshop later, I was advised to drive the car for a few days and observe if the issue would iron itself out. Fair advice I thought, but nothing changed. In the next couple of weeks the failure only became more frequent and then one find day the car blinking P refused to go back for over 6 hours through which we could not disengage the key or even lock the car, thankfully for us the car was parked in a gated community so the stress levels were in control.

Simultaneously I rescheduled the appointment at JMD and dropped the car for a thorough analysis 10 days ago. This time around the issue has been diagnosed to a kaput gear shifting mechanism for which JMD Skoda is awaiting clearance on their goodwill warranty program after which the part will be duly ordered and which could take a couple of weeks to arrive implying I'm still a few weeks away from getting the car back from the service centre.

Get this, the car has been practically suffering down time since the last 3 months and as per my meeting with the senior works manager last week, followed by a relatively long conference call with the GM of the dealership there is still no confirmation from the dealership (which is directly dependent on Skoda India) on when they can return the car.

Quoting vital bits from my email dated 11.01.2018 to Skoda India:

Quote:

In May 2017 we sent the Laura to JMD Skoda for its annual service. Apart from the regular stuff we were billed for a transmission oil replacement which was due.

5. In June 2017 I drove the car for a relatively long drive and felt the car lacking in power delivery and refinement that I was used to prior to the service. Quick google search led me on to believe the my car may have been updated to a new set of software maps in order to mask it from the emission scandal that Skoda and the rest of the VAG group were pulled up for by the authorities.
Related link on www.team-bhp.com: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...xperience.html

6. Considering the car is our property after completion of purchase, is it not mandatory for Skoda’s official to take our permission before performing any changes in the vehicle, especially those that change the entire drive quality of the car which was the prime reason for acquiring one.

7. At this point I was deeply concerned about how JMD Skoda could fix it. I was also extremely bothered on how a uniform set of software could be mapped onto thousands, if not millions of vehicles with all having run their unique number of kilometre lengths. When cars are brand new they run the same map keeping in mind all the internals are of the same strength and longevity how did Skoda India consider the internals of our car to be the same all of the other unique examples running on the road. From common sense I’m given to understand all the cars would have their own degree of worn out internals and each car should be running a customised tune if anything had to be changed from factory settings in order to have a reliable and problem free ownership. I brought this up with the service centre officials and even Skoda’s feedback call but nothing significant, rather absolutely nothing was done to fix my concerns.

8. To my utter dismay I was facing a whistling sound from the hood, a blunt lower end, constrained power delivery, high idling range for the next few months (all of which were communicated to the JMD officials and any Skoda feedback call I may have got in this interim period), and then one fine day the DSG box packed up again:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gbo6qj7gz4

9. On the 28th of October I dropped our Skoda Laura at the JMD Skoda service centre for a diagnosis and repair. A full month later, on 28.11.2017 I was informed that the car has been fixed under goodwill warranty. Precisely two days later the DSG light and engine check light came on again. I dropped by JMD the following week and the service advisor ran a detailed scan through which he said the issue was fixed
for now and I could drive it around and get back to them if I continued to face any issues in future.

10. Good faith and love in my car notwithstanding, the DSG continued to have hiccups all of last month:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Xy4RQe3KO4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9nAODtZDB8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwEC59eJVsA

Prime concerns with the car as of today stand unattended till date:
• Replacement / repair of the DSG for good
• Returning the smooth power delivery of my 2.0 Engine back to its unadulterated self
• Sort the whistling sound from the hood which started after the software update in May 2017
• Sort the high idling from the hood which started after the software update in May 2017
• Provide us with a donor car if the above issues are going to take long to fix

I do not have any logs on this, but I personally have a distinct notion that the gearbox may too have been programmed / updated to shift more frequently in order to keep the rpms relatively lower ensuring directly lower emissions which could have caused the gear shifting unit to packup prematurely.

Sure does seem like a classic example of how cheap unfair fixes cant match factory testing for their reliability.

Last Thursday morning I was on the conference call (yet again!) related to the Laura with the senior works manager at the dealership and one Mr. Mukul, regional head for parts, or something like that. Through the detailed and lengthy telephonic discussion Mr. Mukul accepted their fault with regards to the below listed shortcomings and promised a solution latest by Tuesday (owing to the long Republic day weekend):Between the discussion Mr. Mukul confirmed that they have done rigorous testing which was later approved at the ARAI (does that even hold any value after cheating the authorities once?) and the technical team has not come across any such cases of power loss, reliability issues, etc. At this point I wondered if the the management at Skoda could certainly do with better treatment, the HR at Skoda must procure a computer or if budget does not permit maybe a smartphone (not manufactured or programmed by Skoda) so that they can log on to the internet (genius trick!) and google the magnitude of their third grade deceptive and unprofessional business practices further worsened by their software update which after cheating the government cheated the very own people who invested in their products.

All said and done, I proposed below options to Mr. Mukul:
1. If they are confident of their tried and tested software update: Repair / replace the faulty gearbox with immediate effect and provide 10 years (2011-2021) of warranty for engine and gearbox.

2. If they are not confident of their tried and tested software update: Repair / replace the gearbox they have broken from their experiments and reverse the update in order to bring back the original tune of the car.

As stated above, Mr. Mukul was supposed to revert on the above possible options latest by Tuesday (today!), and he has not bothered to call until now. I was informed by the service advisor this morning they want to have another conference call in the afternoon.
Late afternoon when I called Mr. Rane to check on the status of the solution / conference call, I was informed that Mr. Mukul has declined fixing the broken gearbox and cannot reset the software update. But what Mr. Mukul did offer to do for the car was they could get their technical team on board to try some more experiments with our car see what they can do on the power.

As of right now I've requested Mr. Rane to confirm their inability to fix the gearbox on the car within warranty following which I think we will just take the car back from dealership.

Often you hear of horror stories and pass them off as exceptions, or perhaps you're just feeling very lucky and brave that nothing of that sort could happen with you, and on one of those days you buy a Skoda.

Quoting my recent email exchange with JMD Skoda for anyone who needs a ready reckoner over the fate of their cars equipped with DSG boxes. :deadhorse
Bonus: This should also give a deep insight on how Skoda India's customer care department works towards their share of maximum customer satisfaction :Frustrati

Quote:

Dear Sir,

Greeting for the Day,

Regarding you trailing mail concern & as per discussion on 30th Jan 2018, Subject vehicle having problem with the gear shifter mechanism & cost of the replacement is 68000/-rs approximate.

As special case we have tried the same under the goodwill approval. But same has been rejected for the age factor.

We request you to give us approval for the replacement of same under the paid basis.

Please feel free to speak with me for any assistance required in the matter.

Hope your understanding on the same and assuring our best services at all

Thanks & Regards,

SHANTRAM RANE
Service Manager

JMD AUTO INDIA PVT LTD
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

M/s. JMD AUTO INDIA PVT. LTD.
Kind Attn: Mr. Shantaram Rane – Service Manager

Respected Sir,

1. Failure of automatic gearbox assemblies in Skoda cars in India (and globally too perhaps) has become common knowledge in the past few years and I find it strange that your service centre and principal company are wiping their hand off your responsibilities to a customer who has invested in your product.

2. Your service centre has changed the critical parts in the DSG gearbox in May 2012 (when the car was just over 1 year / approx. 12000 kms old) from purchase under standard warranty.

3. Following a second failure of the DSG gearbox in October 2017 your service centre has again replaced critical parts of the DSG gearbox under goodwill warranty. Notably these were carried out with immediate approval and effect without me having to bother with multiple conference calls and email with your and Skoda personnel. Please find attached your invoice number JMD03-001-004279 dated 28.11.2017 and related parts log for your kind reference.

4. Very second following day after taking delivery of the car with replaced parts in the gearbox assembly the car was showing signs of incomplete repair / faulty diagnosis carried out at the instance of the above goodwill warranty repair. The same has been consistently updated to your service advisor Mr. Irfan and his senior Mr. Prem through the month of December 2017, call and chat records if required for your reference can be sent to you on request.

5. Just to sum it up for you, the gearbox assembly installed in my car has faced the following premature part failures, A. Megaclutch, B. Mechatronics & C. Shifter mechanism. Wonder what of the this sentence makes you / your team not recognise that the gearbox assembly fitted in my car is defective and should not have made it to my car in the first place. I cannot stress enough on the safety aspect for the occupants of the car and other individuals on the road in the case of a sudden failure through the driving process.

6. Sighting the above chain of events I once again request you to replace the faulty gearbox assembly fitted in my car within your goodwill warranty program without any further delay.

7. Further, your service centre has installed a software update in my car without permission or intimation through the annual service carried out in May 2017 following which I have expressed my concern over the long term reliability of the car apart from facing below issues which have been highlighted to you and your team on multiple occasions in the past:
• Reduced power delivery compared to the original state of tune that the car was purchase in
• Whistling sound from the hood
• High idling RPM of the engine

8. Sighting the above, you are hereby kindly requested to explain your above actions of updating the software and take necessary corrective action without any further delay.

9. Please note that it has been over 3 months that I have been endlessly waiting for the car to be repaired at your yard and it becoming a little frustrating for me to suffer for zero fault of mine. Such sub standard level of product longevity and service is not expected from a any reputed car manufacturer in the current day, let alone that harps over its build quality.

Anticipate your prompt response and corrective action in the above regard without any further delay.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Dear Sir,

As per our previous mail, cause of failure is not because of faulty gearbox and this happened due to the age of the vehicle and every mechanical part has a wear life.

Regarding the software updation,
ŠKODA AUTO India has begun the service campaign for Superb, Laura, Yeti, Rapid (1.5L TDI CR), Rapid (1.6L TDI CR) and Fabia (1.2L TDI) related to the EA189 diesel engines.
We would like to reiterate that the current issue does not affect the safety or drivability of your ŠKODA vehicle. We would like to assure you that the trust of our customers and the public is and will remain our most important asset. We deeply regret that this situation has arisen. The important thing for our customers to know is that all vehicles are safe and roadworthy. We take full responsibility of the implementation of the necessary technical measures. Thank you for your understanding.

We once again request you to give us approval for the replacement of gear shifter mechanism under the paid basis.

Please feel free to speak with me for any assistance required in the matter.

Hope your understanding on the same and assuring our best services at all

Thanks & Regards,

SHANTRAM RANE
Service Manager

JMD AUTO INDIA PVT LTD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

M/s. JMD AUTO INDIA PVT. LTD.
Kind Attn: Mr. Shantaram Rane – Service Manager

Respected Sir,

GEARBOX
1. Unfortunately your paragraph and summarized sugar coated reply has not categorically addressed any of my queries listed in the trailing email dated 31.01.2018. Going forward, I would appreciate if your could be specific and reply to the queries / points listed below.

2. If a gearbox failing a 3rd time within approx. 75000 kms cannot be deemed faulty, I’m not sure what are standards of engineering. Just for your information our other (current and past) cars in the garage have run almost twice and thrice the odometer done on the Laura, but till date we have not yet faced a gearbox failure of any kind from either of them.

3. If you do insist that the gearbox equipped in my car is not faulty, why did you / your company replace a notably expensive mechatronics module of the gearbox outside of the warranty period at zero cost.

4. If your earlier diagnosis of the mechatronics was accurate and only corrective action was carried out at your end, how is it that the shifter mechanism decimated itself.

5. I am of the opinion the work carried out under your goodwill warranty was incomplete and sub standard due to which the problem has immediately surfaced within 48 hours of taking delivery from your service centre (which was min you after a full month).

6. Your consistent delays for performing a replacement of the said defective parts / assembly is causing a whole lot of inconvenience and heartburn to me. Not to mention that despite the couple of confirmations from your end, surprisingly a donor car is still not available at your end.

7. Sighting the above chain of events I once again request you to replace the faulty gearbox assembly fitted in my car within your goodwill warranty program without any further delay

SOFTWARE UPDATE
8. Quoting your trailing email ‘ŠKODA AUTO India has begun the service campaign for Superb, Laura, Yeti, Rapid (1.5L TDI CR), Rapid (1.6L TDI CR) and Fabia (1.2L TDI) related to the EA189 diesel engines.’

My queries:
The car belongs to me. How can Skoda Auto India or your dealership perform any service / change on my car without my permission? May I ask who gave you or your principal company to carry any form of work on my car without my due permission?
What was the work carried out under your service campaign for the Laura Superb, Laura, Yeti, Rapid (1.5L TDI CR), Rapid (1.6L TDI CR) and Fabia (1.2L TDI) related to the EA189 diesel engines?

9. Quoting your trailing email ‘We would like to reiterate that the current issue does not affect the safety or drivability of your ŠKODA vehicle’.

My queries:
Following the update I have expressed my concern over the long term reliability of the car apart from facing below issues which have been highlighted to you and your team on multiple occasions in the past. I have also been experiencing below listed issues that have plagued my car since your software update campaign was carried out on my car.
• Reduced power delivery compared to the original state of tune that the car was purchase in
Despite visits to your service centre the above problems and lack of reliability continue to exist in my car since your software update service campaign. Considering this service campaign was carried out without any intimation or permission provided to me I would expect you to own up to your responsibility and take necessary corrective action instead of having me spend time with your personnel on conference calls and emails.

10. We would like to assure you that the trust of our customers and the public is and will remain our most important asset.

My queries:
A car with multiple gearbox failures does not instill trust.
A service centre carrying out work without permission from owner does not instill trust.
Failure to fix a car for 3 months does not instill trust.
Service / Parts head Mr. Mukul Borkar not calling back after taking a 4 days time period to revert does not instill trust.
Lastly, your corporate hogwash email does not instill trust.

11. Quoting your trailing email We deeply regret that this situation has arisen.

My queries:
A car with multiple gearbox failures does not instill trust.
A service centre carrying out work without permission from owner does not instill trust.
Failure to fix a car for 3 months does not instill trust.
Service / Parts head Mr. Mukul Borkar not calling back after taking a 4 days time period to revert does not instill trust.
Lastly, your corporate hogwash email does not instill trust.

12. The important thing for our customers to know is that all vehicles are safe and roadworthy. We take full responsibility of the implementation of the necessary technical measures. Thank you for your understanding.

My queries:
A car with 3 gearbox related failures isn’t exactly safe or roadworthy Sir. Since you take full responsibility of the implementation of the necessary technical measures you may kindly resolve the issues I have been facing since your incorporation of the software update service campaign. Listing them down yet another time for your reference:
• Gearbox failure

13. Quoting your trailing email ‘We once again request you to give us approval for the replacement of gear shifter mechanism under the paid basis.’

My queries:
Sorry, you / your team cannot expect me to dumb down to understanding multiple failure of gearbox assembly in my car due to approx. 75000 kms of running. You must replace the same at your / your principal company’s cost. I

14. Quoting your trailing email ‘Please feel free to speak with me for any assistance required in the matter.’

My queries:
I have listed out my queries for your assistance very much in detail. You may kindly get back to me on the same without any further delay or corporate hogwash.

15. Quoting your trailing email ‘Hope your understanding on the same and assuring our best services at all’

My queries:
A. I cannot understand your consistently lowering standards of customer satisfaction, and B. Your services are surely not even close to the best.

Anticipate your prompt response and corrective action in the above regard without any further delay.

Feel Sorry for you mate. My car’s mechatronic just got replaced today. Keeping my fingers crossed. Wish you all the best. Keep us posted.

Manson, that's quite an ordeal. What I don't get is why they are throwing the age factor at you now.

In October they claimed that the Mechatronics had failed and had got a goodwill warranty for the same and the mechatronics was replaced.

It is very clear that the car was giving symptoms immediately after the mechatronics replacement indicating a wrong diagnosis was done. Now after less than 3 months they claim it was not the mechatronics but the shifter mechanism and they will not honour any warranty claim for this.

This logic is stupid. When you did a wrong diagnosis and replaced the wrong part shouldn't you be fixing it under the same warranty.

I understand the car is old and run more than 5 years and 60K kms since last DSG replacement but then in October why did they approve the mechatronics in the first place.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 4349109)
It is very clear that the car was giving symptoms immediately after the mechatronics replacement indicating a wrong diagnosis was done. Now after less than 3 months they claim it was not the mechatronics but the shifter mechanism and they will not honour any warranty claim for this.

This logic is stupid. When you did a wrong diagnosis and replaced the wrong part shouldn't you be fixing it under the same warranty.

Sadly, the service advisor, works manager, senior works manager at the JMD Skoda service center full opine to this school of thought, so does a certain Mr. Mukul Borkar at Skoda India, but they prefer to keep the customer occupied between emails and conference calls than do something about the problem at hand. With the customer support and reliability of their products being at the level they are currently at, I'm not surprised that Skoda is one of the few brands to have a consistently declining market share in India.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 4349109)
I understand the car is old and run more than 5 years and 60K kms since last DSG replacement but then in October why did they approve the mechatronics in the first place.

In the current era of six digit odometers being a common sight, I am not entirely convinced that part longevity of gearbox and engine assemblies / components should be considered acceptable at 60K.