Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2012, 14:26   #16
BHPian

re: Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed

congratulations on the car & those are some very beautiful pictures

I own a Medium Grey 1.4 Emotion pack. Absolutely love the car. After cleaning her , I can look at her all day without blinking an eye & the gorgeous artwork just calms you down even if you are in some bad mood.

Though it's very difficult to find a comfortable driving position, I am glad you found that!

Wishing you many happy miles. Take good care of her
forester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2012, 14:32   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
The OTR price (August 2012 offers based) - Rs. 10,84,382/-. This includes the below items/FOC
  1. Value pack - Free Insurance + RSA
  2. Corporate discount
  3. Rs. 20,000/- exchange bonues.

So final price you paid is 10.84 or 10.84 - Insurance - Corp Discount - 20K ?

Could you clarify ?
Old 19th September 2012, 15:18   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations on your new ride. I am still not convinced if selling your good as new Liva was a good decision, nevertheless "we live only once" right !

Your car looks absolutely smashing specially with those alloys. The pictures taken at the beach can actually be used by Fiat in there promotional events. You may wish to contact them with the same . Absolutely breathtaking pictures!

It would be very interesting to follow your thread and ownership experience. You have just moved from a brand known for its excellent ownership experience to a brand that is struggling at the other end of the spectrum. Your experience would surely be helpful in alleviating many of those doubts. Cheers!
Old 19th September 2012, 15:33   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
It would be very interesting to follow your thread and ownership experience. You have just moved from a brand known for its excellent ownership experience to a brand that is struggling at the other end of the spectrum. Your experience would surely be helpful in alleviating many of those doubts. Cheers!
drmohitg,

He owned a Palio 1.2 before he bought the Liva so FIAT is not an unknown territory for him. It is just that he is coming back home
Old 19th September 2012, 15:37   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydofcochin View Post
drmohitg,

He owned a Palio 1.2 before he bought the Liva so FIAT is not an unknown territory for him. It is just that he is coming back home
Well firstly those were the times when we were not spoilt with too many options in the market. Secondly once you experience the excellent service etiquette of Toyota then it would be interesting to see how he now finds Fiat after sales. Again I hope it turns out to be better than Toyota and that way atleast I would be convinced that a lot being said about Fiat after sales being the reason behind its demise is false.
Old 19th September 2012, 16:02   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Well firstly those were the times when we were not spoilt with too many options in the market. Secondly once you experience the excellent service etiquette of Toyota then it would be interesting to see how he now finds Fiat after sales. Again I hope it turns out to be better than Toyota and that way atleast I would be convinced that a lot being said about Fiat after sales being the reason behind its demise is false.
Agree with you that FIAT has had A.S.S issues but they are determined to get it ironed out and they have already started exclusive service centers.

And regarding the current setup with TATA is not that bad at least from personal experience for the last 2 years. I had always rated them above 8/10 for the service (I'm really stingy in giving marks).

For me what matters most is that when you drive a Car it should put a smile on my face and for that matter I would put my money only on FIAT's & Fords this side of the Germans. (I own a Palio SDX & my previous Car was an Ikon 1.6)
Old 19th September 2012, 16:09   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Agree with you that FIAT has had A.S.S issues but they are determined to get it ironed out and they have already started exclusive service centers.

For me what matters most is that when you drive a Car it should put a smile on my face and for that matter I would put my money only on FIAT's & Fords this side of the Germans. (I own a Palio SDX & my previous Car was an Ikon 1.6)
See I have no intention of turning this into a debate over Fiat. A lot has been already said about the same elsewhere on the forum. For some people the same smile comes when it comes to ease of ownership. I totally hope what you are saying is true and Fiat is trying to improve ( because the sales figures tell a different story). Anyways this is not the right time and place to discuss that and we should wait for some time and let the OP update his ownership thread to discuss this further. Wishing the OP many happy miles with his new ride.
Old 19th September 2012, 16:32   #23
BHPian

Quote:
See I have no intention of turning this into a debate over Fiat. A lot has been already said about the same elsewhere on the forum. For some people the same smile comes when it comes to ease of ownership. I totally hope what you are saying is true and Fiat is trying to improve ( because the sales figures tell a different story).
Even I have no intention to turn this in to a debate. TEHO, Let FIAT build everything up from scratch and then they have to embark on a meticulous brand building exercise if they want the Indian public to buy their Cars. It is not easy to clear the old baggage

Until then their minuscule sales would be from die hard FIAT enthusiasts like us
lloydofcochin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2012, 16:57   #24
BHPian

Many congrats for the Linea. It surely is a looker. And the way you seem to be maintaining it, I feel its going to have a long journey with the master. The color looks stunning.

Just a small question, what made you select the Linea? and were there any other options contemplated, or was it one shot decision.
justwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2012, 23:49   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on your new ride. I am still not convinced if selling your good as new Liva was a good decision, nevertheless "we live only once" right !
It was a good decision indeed, I would love to provide the quotes given by Toyota U Trust for their own company's car, but will refrain because its OT for this thread. I was simply disappointed with the quote, Prerana motors guys quoted a better number. I did not want lose more money on the Liva keeping it further after I received the quote from Toyota U Trust. Definitely the Etios Liva did not hold the resale value even with the Toyota brand.

Quote:
Your car looks absolutely smashing specially with those alloys. The pictures taken at the beach can actually be used by Fiat in there promotional events. You may wish to contact them with the same . Absolutely breathtaking pictures!
Thanks. Would love to shoot more and give it to FIAT. Though I am no where near some photography experts on this forum .

Quote:
I will definitely keep my observations and experiences flowing in this thread. But let me tell you since I knew the CRM at Viva Toyota things were smooth for me. I had seen a couple of other Etios/Liva owners who faced problems in getting the issues fixed. Agreed, the etiquette at the Toyota Centers were good, but its mostly sugar coated.

I have had experience with a couple of Service Advisers from Prerana motors who seemed to have more knowledge on automobiles than the ones at the Toyota Center. May be due to the high workload on the SA at the service center they are not able do justice to the FIAT cars. To date with the Palio I had received better experience from these two chaps.

Quote:
drmohitg,

FIAT cars definitely a known territory to me.

Quote:
I got the Palio as a second user in 2009. There were loads of choices as well even then. So the Palio was never bought due to lack of choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwheels View Post
Many congrats for the Linea. It surely is a looker. And the way you seem to be maintaining it, I feel its going to have a long journey with the master. The color looks stunning.

Just a small question, what made you select the Linea? and were there any other options contemplated, or was it one shot decision.
I have test driven the Vento and Verna though not during this Linea Purchase. I had accompanied by previous boss during his car hunt. Neighter the verna or vento appealed to me. SX4, Rapid and Sunny were ignored. To me the Linea pulled the strings more than anything else. So took the plunge.

Last edited by nkrishnap : 19th September 2012 at 23:51.
nkrishnap is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th September 2012, 07:52   #26
BHPian

Congratulations! Once you've owned and loved a Fiat, there isn't a car that can make you as happy, I guess. Wishing you a niggle-free ownership experience!
And by the way, those are beautiful pictures.

I own a BNW Linea too. For me the major shortcoming is that the engine feels underpowered on those highway runs. It begs a 1.6 MJD to complement the brilliant ride and handling package.
Attached Thumbnails
Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-324422_10150519652441751_221305226_o.jpg  

Last edited by one-77 : 20th September 2012 at 08:21.
Old 20th September 2012, 08:44   #27
Team-BHP Support

The Linea Looks absolutely fantabulous in white. Congratulations and wish you many, many happy miles with the highway-loving machine!

Many thanks to you for inviting me over to Prerana motors before you took delivery . It was nice to catch up with you and the car in person and take a look at this car decorated in the delivery bay.

You were saying something about the osram headlamp upgrades that day. Could you add details on the costs and from where you got them? I might be thinking of a headlamp bulb upgrade for my linea too.

More pictures eagerly awaited from your next Chikmagalur trip! Hope we get to see the white linea amidst coffee estates.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2012, 09:42   #28
BHPian

Congrats on your Linea. Wish you a very happy and pleasing ownership.

Loved the beach photographs. Truly promo material.
arup.misra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2012, 10:41   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
I am lucky enough not have any parking issues. I can happily drive around in a Tempo Traveler and still park it inside the house
Woah! Lucky!

Parking space and a tight turning radius were one of my main limitations while buying a car. Otherwise, may be I would have had a BNW linea in my garage as well. Doesn't matter - I got the BNW Punto 90 - almost the same car in a tigher package.

Enjoy the drive.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2012, 10:50   #30
Senior - BHPian

Congrats once again and welcome back to the FIAT world!

The pictures by the sea side are stunning.

With the higher stance, how do you feel about the highspeed poise now? Have you compared against a older Linea?
praful is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks