Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2016, 11:22   #91
Team-BHP Support

Re: 4x4 Power, My Skoda Yeti Elegance. UPDATE: 63k kms up on page 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidparekh View Post

Request your advice. I thought of going to Autobahn for a second opinion. I'm really not confident taking the Yeti on upcoming long trips in this condition.

Thanks in advance,
Sid.
I would suggest you do take a second opinion, rather than spending 50k or whatever. I shall PM you the number of the service manager at Autobahn Sewri in a short while. Do contact him, and drop the car there for a checkup.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2016, 01:11   #92
BHPian

Re: 4x4 Power, My Skoda Yeti Elegance. UPDATE: 63k kms up on page 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidparekh View Post
Hi Akshay,

Bumping up an old query. I am actually having Coolant problems again. I keep losing coolant on a regular basis. Took it up with JMD Kandivali during my 3rd Year service in June. They did a visual inspection, didn't find anything. (I was there). They then did a pressure test. They basically mount a pressure piston along with a gauge on top of the coolant tank and kept a constant pressure of around 1.75 bar. No loss of pressure meaning they couldn't source the leak. Topped up and left it at that.

Now again, I started getting trouble with the coolant levels, with them dipping low every 80-100 kms before the warning light comes up and I have to top up. On reaching out to JMD, now they say there may be a problem with the EGR valve which costs ~50k to replace, they're charging 5k for inspection.

Now I tried my research on international forums with the following results:
1. Water Pump Failure - coolant does not circulate correctly
2. EGR Valve Failure - the coolant burns up in the EGR leaving behind a residue, also resulting in some smoke from the exhaust.(Happened once, but I thought it must be the DPF)
3. Small cracks in the Cylinder Head (Worst Case)

Request your advice. I thought of going to Autobahn for a second opinion. I'm really not confident taking the Yeti on upcoming long trips in this condition.

Thanks in advance,
Sid.
I think you definitely need a second opinion. Autobahn is very good. My Yeti has been maintained by them at their Kurla workshop since new, for the past six years.

You can call Mr Samadhan and explain your situation before taking an appointment.

I would agree that you shouldn't be venturing on long drives without first addressing this issue.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks