Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2006, 22:59   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ego4evr
Palio.......its just that sale's and Fiat on the whole have screwed it up..but with the Help of Tata..service is no more an issue ......
I disagree, its like andho me kana raja..
Tata itself is not able to provide gud service for their own cars, then dunno how it will provide service for fiat cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ego4evr
At least palio are not been given away with Chaddi's ........(VIP's Chaddi dae Gaddi Offer)
this one was real funny
Old 30th May 2006, 01:12   #17
BHPian

Congrats Ajay on your new possession.Hope you have a trouble free ownership experience with your Swift.Its always good to buy something that your heart wants.Its just a very good feeling when your head and heart are in sync with each other.
I'm sorry to say that I've been hearing really nasty things about swift not only on this forum but the cat is out of the bag,general public is talking about it.My boss is planning to buy a car and in a discussion with him,he told me about two of his friends who initially chose the swift and later on opted for the Getz due to stories of quality glitches with the Swift.
You've really hurt Palio lovers on this forum by comparing it to Xeta and Santro.LOL.But its a free forum and your definitely entitled to your views.I too believe that driveability wise Santro and Xeta are better than Palio 1.2 NV.I owned one so I know.Infact the Palio 1.2 does feel irritating to drive at times in traffic with a/c on.Apart from that one comparison,its like comparing chalk and cheese.Palio as a car itself is beyond comparison to any other car in its class,be it 1.2 or 1.6 or 1.9 diesel.My views only.Good luck!
Old 30th May 2006, 07:51   #18
BHPian

Space:
Leg space and boot space problem is blown out of proportion it seems. Its not that bad at all. I drew the car accomodating 5 adults and 1 kid, with 5 Mid size bags and 2 big bags piled up in my boot comfortbly. Is that not enough ? I think it is. Yes Its not meant for loading and dont forget It is still a small car afterall.Small cars are like a 2BHK flat...you should know that you are moving into flat and not in bunglow.

[/quote] hi brother in this matter what is your height??
only the space matter to the 6 footers in the front,who want to ride the car like an f1 racer..
so the issue is not for the ones who stick their chest by the steering wheel....
hope i dont hurt anybody's feeling's here!!
but i am 5-11"..
i know how it feels!!
rOn!!

Last edited by rOaD AsSaSin!! : 30th May 2006 at 07:54.
Old 30th May 2006, 09:27   #19
BHPian

Congrats Ajay for your new car.
And let me add something to your support on your views for Palio,Xing and Xeta.
I totally agree what you said, according to me, any product in this world is good or bad for it's price for the end user's(common people) but for enthusiast or a perfectionist, it is good or bad for it's quality. Xeta is a great car for it's price where as Palio is not. If Palio was such a great Product it should have been selling in great numbers till today and with all that money Fiat would not have had any issues to provide A.S.S. Most of the time whenever anything is called good or bad, it is in the context of the price it is coming at and Ajay rightly said that other cars are not great VFM. But he bought Swift because he doest not care about VFM part, just the way Palio owners don't care about it either.
Old 30th May 2006, 09:56   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congrats for your Swift....

n ppl pls dont start flaming him bcos he didnt like Palio...

Palio is no doubt a good car but it has that rigid feel in it....may be its the seats that need to be a little comfy...which is not liked by all....Also there's not a car in market which will be liked n accepted by all.....

KP
Old 30th May 2006, 10:50   #21
Senior - BHPian

If you want to know how good Xeta is VFM, check this post: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tml#post235518

Dumb, dumb, dumb!!!
Old 30th May 2006, 11:14   #22
BHPian

Forget it finney

Let them say ......xeta is best .......its a value for money and alll the other good things .........

Time will tell its Tale .........

When we Palio guys will be having Our Get To Gather(G2G)

The Xeta Guys will also be having thier G2G(Garage to Garage)....

Peace!!!!!
Old 30th May 2006, 12:00   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajdoll
Congrats Ajay for your new car.
And let me add something to your support on your views for Palio,Xing and Xeta.
I totally agree what you said, according to me, any product in this world is good or bad for it's price for the end user's(common people) but for enthusiast or a perfectionist, it is good or bad for it's quality. Xeta is a great car for it's price where as Palio is not. If Palio was such a great Product it should have been selling in great numbers till today and with all that money Fiat would not have had any issues to provide A.S.S. Most of the time whenever anything is called good or bad, it is in the context of the price it is coming at and Ajay rightly said that other cars are not great VFM. But he bought Swift because he doest not care about VFM part, just the way Palio owners don't care about it either.
You said it all...thanks
Old 30th May 2006, 12:03   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rOaD AsSaSin!!
Space:
Leg space and boot space problem is blown out of proportion it seems. Its not that bad at all. I drew the car accomodating 5 adults and 1 kid, with 5 Mid size bags and 2 big bags piled up in my boot comfortbly. Is that not enough ? I think it is. Yes Its not meant for loading and dont forget It is still a small car afterall.Small cars are like a 2BHK flat...you should know that you are moving into flat and not in bunglow.
hi brother in this matter what is your height??
only the space matter to the 6 footers in the front,who want to ride the car like an f1 racer..
so the issue is not for the ones who stick their chest by the steering wheel....
hope i dont hurt anybody's feeling's here!!
but i am 5-11"..
May be true... I'm 5'-9"
i know how it feels!!
rOn!![/quote]
Old 30th May 2006, 14:28   #25
BHPian

Congrats Ajay on your Swift.

Deepu
Old 28th January 2007, 23:34   #26
BHPian

I have seen couple of Indica's by the road side..because...because....the front wheel detached suddenly from the body. Can't even dream that with Palio ...Indica may be improving but long way to go mate
Old 29th January 2007, 11:23   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_J View Post

My verdict is clear..... Simply a good car, OWN it and then comment.
Congrats on getting the Swift! It is a great car--I have been driving one since April last year and have never regretted it and heartily recommend it to everyone else. As for rattling, etc, after 9 months and 7500 kms, I am inclined to believe a mountain is being made of a molehill. I drove a friend's 6-month old Skoda Octavia L&K from Pune to Bombay over the weekend and it 'rattles' more than my Swift! The L&K is the fully loaded Octavia and luxury-wise is far, far ahead of the Swift and costs 3 times as much, and is definitely put together far better than the Swift. So how come it rattles? Indian roads is more like it!

And Maruti service is simply unmatched. Yesterday, another friend who owns a Swift and faced a minor niggling hum that most would consider unaudible told me how they managed to find the problem in the door and sorted it out--he was maha impressed.

And it's no wonder that the Swift was car of the Year in so many countries last year!

So, enjoy the Swift and safe driving!

-Ivor

Swift ZXi / Silky Silver / April 2006 / 7500 kms
Old 29th January 2007, 11:38   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhaybakshi View Post
I have seen couple of Indica's by the road side..because...because....the front wheel detached suddenly from the body. Can't even dream that with Palio ...Indica may be improving but long way to go mate
Hey, Even I saw one Indica in middle of JC road here, with left front wheel off, I tho' it was one off case.
Old 29th January 2007, 11:43   #29
Senior - BHPian

Hey Ajay, Congrats on your new car! We all hope that MUL has sorted out the earlier build quality issues with the Swift. Keep us updated on your car.
Old 29th January 2007, 19:09   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
I have found Indicas relatively easy to pass because their drivers seem very reluctant to make tight overtakes with rapid switching of lanes. Maybe Indica drivers can enlighten me on whether this is due to any limitation of the car's steering/handling.
Regards, rks
Man you should see the Indicab drivers here in Bangalore (or anywhere else) to see how anyone can drive an Indica(b). There is no word called "Reluctant" in their dictionary hahaha. If they can drive a diesel Indica this way surely a Xeta can be driven in the same manner if not otherwise...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks