Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2013, 16:01   #31
BHPian

re: My Kinetic Blue Ford Figo Titanium Diesel

Congratulations Tarun on your Figo and wishing you thousands of happy and safe miles on this car.
That is lovely choice of color. I had seen this color on their website but unfortunately very few people seem to buy it. Gun metal alloys with the blue color would look awesome.

Cheers
Baddychat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2013, 19:56   #32
BHPian

Congrats, Welcome to the Ford family

Kinetic Blue looks striking, You would never miss your car in Parking lot

I too just joined the family,you can view it here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ur-garage.html
johannskaria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2013, 21:14   #33
Senior - BHPian

Update - 2600 km and counting...

It's been a little over a month since I got my Figo and the odo was at 2300km. A trip to Pondicherry was planned over the Independence weekend, hence decided to get the first service done before the trip.

Booked a service 2 days prior at MPL Ford on OMR. Reached there on time and the usual formalities were done.

The first service is anyway nothing much - just a checkup and fluid topup if required. I had an issue of a rattle like noise on idle from the front left part of the dashboard (near the foot well area). The moment you rev a little it would disappear so it's definitely something loose that is vibrating and causing this.

Collected the car in the evening and they said some pipes had been tightened, but the noise is back after my recent trip. Will live with it for now since it's only audible during idling in quiet environments. It was raining that day, so cannot comment on their washing, although interior cleaning was ok. The vacuuming could have been better.

The drive to Pondicherry was nice and the car was a pleasure to drive. Got to see the feature of hazards flashing on hard braking when a cow decided to cross the road all of a sudden. I braked hard (controlled though) from about 80 - 90 km/h and the hazards starting flashing for about 10 seconds and automatically turned off - ABS didn't kick-in.

The car return about 17- 18 kmpl when cruising at 100 - 120 km/h with 100% AC. In city mileage is about 14- 15 kmpl

My Kinetic Blue Ford Figo Titanium Diesel-sam_2135.jpg
She's posing on the way to Pondi
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2013, 02:13   #34
BHPian

Wonderful thread there. Congratulations. I too took delivery of a white Figo titanium on August 5. Odo is at 1900.

Did just one highway trip to ooty and the ghats taught me a lot about keeping the engine in turbo window. Yet to master the skill though.

PS: subscribed to this thread.
mashmash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2013, 18:03   #35
Senior - BHPian

Got the stupid OE horn changed finally, but I think I made a mistake going for the trumpet horns, since the mounting point for the Figo horn is really low and with the rains in Chennai causing a lot of waterlogging, it won't last very long.

I wanted to get the job done well, so as to avoid any wire cutting (warranty issues) so went to Privilege Moto Mall. I had read good reviews about this place and being a professional setup I knew the installation would be good. I had to choose between Minda & Hella trumpets. I had the Minda's in my Zen and had no problems, but still decided to try out the Hella's. The Horn was 650 + 150 for installation (with relay & wiring).

After 2 days of installation I had to drive through a waterlogged road and my horn sounded like a strangled duck !! Went back to Moto mall and they drained out the water with a vacuum cleaner! It's fine now, but I'm extra careful when driving through water - no splashing too much.

All said and done, what a difference this horn makes. People actually respond and move !

Name:  Horn.png
Views: 3275
Size:  824.3 KB

See how low it is placed. Other Figo owners - Any other location where the horn can be placed. It seems this is the only available area ?!?

My Kinetic Blue Ford Figo Titanium Diesel-img_20130912_171233_325.jpg

I got some rubber floor mats and have put them over the fabric mats that Ford / dealer gave. Got them for 550/- from Mysore.
When going through my statement of accounts I realised I had a 1000 refund so got the door sill plates fitted with that. Not worth 1000/- !

My Kinetic Blue Ford Figo Titanium Diesel-img_20130912_094012_780.jpg

Here's a pic of a section of the OMR when it rains a little heavily. The other day there was water upto the exhaust I think & I was in 2nd gear idling speed when I could feel the car about to stall Quickly realised what was happening, revved up, slotted to first and slowly drove through the water.

My Kinetic Blue Ford Figo Titanium Diesel-ss20130912_175027_227.jpg

My mileage till date. Getting about 14.5 in the city and around 16 - 17 on the highway. All these figures are with 100% AC and tank full calculation.

I don't have a covered parking and I can see some swirl marks,light scratches starting to appear. Got the Meguires kit - Car wash + ultimate polish + ultimate quick wax. Need to find time this weekend for a quick clean up session.

All in all happy with the car so far. Miss a few things like the auto up/down power windows, lack of Ipod compatability, etc but learning to live with it

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 12th September 2013 at 18:08.
Old 12th September 2013, 20:20   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post
Wonderful thread there. Congratulations. I too took delivery of a white Figo titanium on August 5. Odo is at 1900.

Did just one highway trip to ooty and the ghats taught me a lot about keeping the engine in turbo window. Yet to master the skill though.

PS: subscribed to this thread.
Hey thanks there mashmash !

Congrats on your car. How did you finalise on the Figo ?

The ghats upto Ooty are one of the steepest out there and is good fun though one has to be extra careful.

Enjoy the car and start an ownership report soon...

@mods - sorry for the back to back posts. Kindly merge
Old 12th September 2013, 20:26   #37
Senior - BHPian

Hi fiat_tarun,

Congratulations! I can understand you joys know no bounds! You've also taken care to detail your car during your initial days. Be sure to maintain that way!

The first car is always the most joyful and I'm sure the memories of joy would last life long!

Wishing you many more happy miles,

Nitin
Old 17th September 2013, 15:35   #38
BHPian

Hey Tarun,

Congrats on the Figo. I like the color and it's sure a nice fun to drive car. I have test driven it last friday with wifey and she was impressed a lot with the ride quality since we are used to the choppy drives of santro and i20.

The horn is the most irritating thing about this car, nice that you changed it

Happy mile crunching.
Old 17th September 2013, 18:07   #39
BHPian

[quote=fiat_tarun;3235678]Got the stupid OE horn changed finally, but I think I made a mistake going for the trumpet horns, since the mounting point for the Figo horn is really low and with the rains in Chennai causing a lot of waterlogging, it won't last very long.

I wanted to get the job done well, so as to avoid any wire cutting (warranty issues) so went to Privilege Moto Mall. I had read good reviews about this place and being a professional setup I knew the installation would be good. I had to choose between Minda & Hella trumpets. I had the Minda's in my Zen and had no problems, but still decided to try out the Hella's. The Horn was 650 + 150 for installation (with relay & wiring).

After 2 days of installation I had to drive through a waterlogged road and my horn sounded like a strangled duck !! Went back to Moto mall and they drained out the water with a vacuum cleaner! It's fine now, but I'm extra careful when driving through water - no splashing too much.

Hi There,

Had the same issue with my Figo. The Minda ones were installed a couple of weeks ago. The very same day there was heavy rain and the horns went bad. Was declined warranty and I had to change the pair within 36 hours of installation. I found two mounting points which are high and close to the bumper. even if you drive through water logged roads, there would not be a problem. Let me know if you want any help with relocation of the horns.

Pavan called me the same day and said that he would waive off the charges. But I am yet to make a visit.

[
Maxwell Arthur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2013, 23:47   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Arthur View Post
...I found two mounting points which are high and close to the bumper. even if you drive through water logged roads, there would not be a problem. Let me know if you want any help with relocation of the horns....
Thanks for the tip. Can you post a picture of this location ? I'll get my horn moved at the local car garage near my place.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 17th September 2013 at 23:49.
Old 17th September 2013, 23:49   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Thanks for the tip. Can you post a picture of this location ? I'll get my horn moved by the road side mechanic near my place.
Sure. Give me a day since there are internet connectivity problems at home and I cannot upload photos from the office. Cheers. I can also drop by if you want at Motomall during a weekday.
Maxwell Arthur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2014, 17:57   #42
Senior - BHPian

Update - 7300 km completed !

Car is performing well and have had no issues as such.

Had a small case of a rattle from the rear backseat. Did some jugaad and put some tape around the latch where the backrest locks which did the trick. Thinking of removing this when I give the car for 10 k service and report this rattling. Will they do the same jugaad or will they replace the latch/lock for a rattle ??

Got wheel alignment and rotation done at 5k.

My Kinetic Blue Ford Figo Titanium Diesel-ss20140108_174731_969.jpg

Mileage continues to be around the 14-15 kmpl mark in the city with the occasional ECR drive. Last tankful gave me 15.8 as I wasn't using the AC much.

I got my horns re-located to a higher position, so don't have to be extra careful when driving through water now.

Nothing else to report. Drive safe everyone
Old 17th February 2014, 11:41   #43
BHPian

Hello Tarun,
I'm expecting delivery of my Kinetic Blue Figo Exi on 28th of February. Already received an e-mail from Ford saying that my car is on its way!
Now, I've been offered free reverse parking sensors amongst other things. I have till now declined as I have not seen the internal display unit or is it just an audible alarm? I do not want any visible wires on my dashboard, nor any non-oem looking plastic box placed randomly on the dash. Are the reverse sensors fit on your car Ford OE? If so, where/how is the internal unit mounted ? Could you please post a picture of the same as it would be helpful.

Thanks and happy motoring!
Old 17th February 2014, 12:59   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
Hello Tarun,
I'm expecting delivery of my Kinetic Blue Figo Exi on 28th of February. Already received an e-mail from Ford saying that my car is on its way!
Now, I've been offered free reverse parking sensors amongst other things. I have till now declined as I have not seen the internal display unit or is it just an audible alarm? I do not want any visible wires on my dashboard, nor any non-oem looking plastic box placed randomly on the dash. Are the reverse sensors fit on your car Ford OE? If so, where/how is the internal unit mounted ? Could you please post a picture of the same as it would be helpful.

Thanks and happy motoring!
Hey mi2n. Congrats on the car. Have you considered the newer colours on offer ? I particularly liked the Paprika red and wish it was available when I bought my car

I have the Ford OE reverse sensors and it does not have a display. It has only an audible beep. I am happy with these sensors and they work well. I have tried locating the speaker for this, but haven't been able to find it ! The dealer has done a good job concealing it somewhere around the boot area. I must ask them at my 10k service coming up soon.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2014, 21:21   #45
BHPian

I did see one sporting the Ecosport type red in the showroom, but did not like it in person. I like my cars in flashy colors having been subjected to white Ambys all my life. It was always between the Yellow one and the Kinetic Blue.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks