Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2024, 17:52   #196
BHPian

Re: 2014 Honda City | My Diesel Rockstar Arrives | EDIT: 10 years completed and running strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
10 Years with the Honda City

70,000 kms in 10 years seems like a lower figure as compared to my previous ownership experience but given that we went thru COVID-19 lock downs and that the other car that we have (Ignis) has clocked 22,000+ kms with a parallel ownership cycle shows that the beater has kind of extended the life of this car.

The road to the 70,000 kms mark has been very uneven with lot more usage in the initial years and muted usage during the COVID period. Here is a run thru of how these numbers have been clocked over the years:
At 70000 Kms, that engine is barely broken in If the car is adequate for you, I advice that you keep it.
vaibhavyagnik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2024, 19:35   #197
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2014 Honda City | My Diesel Rockstar Arrives | EDIT: 10 years completed and running strong

Congratulations & best wishes on the 10th Birthday! And yes - I'd definitely suggest you to hold on to the car for quite a bit more. Don't even have a target of 2 years. Just give it a basic thought 2 years later.

I think you won't "need" to change the car for mechanical reasons as such. Its more the "new car itch" that will finally drive your plunge. Its like this in case of most of us who have reliable and moderately capable diesel powered cars . The cars more or less refuse to die. Kudos to the good oil-engineering.

Cheers for the many more miles ahead.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th March 2024, 20:44   #198
BHPian

Congratulations. Its highly reliable and fuel efficient car. My Honda City Diesel is going to complete 9 years in August. ODO is nearing 150,000Kms.
No major expenses so far. Just regular services at 10k to 15k kilometers intervals. Only major expenses so far are tires and clutch (touchwood).
Replaced tires around 90,000Kms. Clutch replacement was done around 130,000Kms.
I get around 22Kms/L on average with highway and city combined. Planning on an upgrade this year though.
samy1117 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th March 2024, 22:01   #199

I am so happy to read this thread. I am also sailing in the same boat since my City Diesel completed 9 years with just 37000 kms on the Odometer. It is still in showroom condition and I do not have even the slightest thought of selling it. I simply admire the way she behaves on highways on all aspects (Mileage, Reliability, Comfort, Utility aspect etc.) and still keeps her flag flying high. Cheers!
deepaksekar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2024, 04:20   #200
BHPian

Glad to see that you are holding onto Honda City iDTEC even after completing 10 years of ownership. I must say that yours is one of the best ownership reviews of Honda City iDTEC I've ever seen.

Even we too own the same car and the same variant as yours but in Golden Brown colour and same year (2014) though we bought it used in 2017 when the odo was 35k Kms.

The car, as of today, has run more than 180k Kms on the odo (driven nearly 150k Kms since the purchase) and we couldn't be happier with it though we are planning to replace it sometime this year with Petrol AT or an EV since the car will be driven within the city limits most of the time though we have Innova Hycross for other purposes.

Since the day I left for USA in Aug 23, the car has been driven by my mom to her workplace, which is 10 Kms away from home.

Despite owning Hycross, my folks still prefer to drive this car due to being city-friendly.

In Dec 2022, we got the whole car restored at ASC with the intention of keeping this car for another 2 years and then sell it off for a better car.

Under our ownership, we got the tyres replaced 3 times, got the suspension overhauled, clutch replaced when the odo was 72k Kms in 2019 and it's due for change now since it has run more than a lakh Kms. Also, got the fan motor replaced due to an overheating issue faced by mom in Nov 23.

Based on my ownership, my cousin bought one replacing his 2015 Celerio AMT though his is a 2017 ZX iDTEC variant last year for 8.4L, and the odo at the time of purchase was 72k Kms though his car has crossed 100k Kms on the odo recently.
car_guy1998 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2024, 18:59   #201
BHPian

What a coincidence! My city petrol too is turning 10 this June. And I'm about 300 kms away from hitting the 70k mark on the odo! Oh, it's silver too! The engine is as smooth as ever and I'm really having a hard time finding a replacement for it under 25L

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks