Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2014, 10:27   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Skoda Octavia Ambition, TDI DSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethomasv View Post
Don't worry, the boot won't open by itself. The remote and the boot release switch on the hatch only unlocks the latch. It only slightly raises the hatch door.
Thanks, that's a relief
Old 4th September 2014, 11:01   #62
NGM
BHPian

Quote:
I'm going to do just that.

I'm going to try and get a matching shade and do some DIY. The wheels in the picture needs to be levelled before they can be painted.
How was the DBS response to the work they did on your car?
Old 4th September 2014, 11:30   #63
Senior - BHPian

Your Octavia looks stunning in white.

I run the exact same tires on my Linea and the wear is about the same as yours but at 22,000km. As you say, I would attribute this to the high torque output and much heavier front end of the car. Though not a benchmark tire in any sense of it, I feel these Good Years are built to handle the worst of our roads. If these Good Years are wearing out like this, it is going to be a lot worse with a softer compound tire.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2014, 17:49   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGM View Post
How was the DBS response to the work they did on your car?
I got a call from DBS the next day. Apparently a customer had informed them about my experience. I sent him a few pics and they came down to inspect the car. They weren't sure about the nicks on the alloys but said the scratches on one of the centre cap was probably their mistake. They said they'll order a replacement and will also get the discs painted.

I wasn't sure about getting them painted so told them I can live with the scratches on the discs. I didn't want to risk any more damages. Also after a week with the scratches, they seem to have reduced to a tiny spec

They called again two days back asking for the car number to place the order at Marikar motors.The centre cap is expected in two weeks.
Old 4th September 2014, 20:04   #65
NGM
BHPian

Even though there was some mistake from their part,they tried to fix it.So that is good customer care.I will be visiting DBS tomorrow for a tyre change.Thanks for the input.
Old 4th September 2014, 20:11   #66
BHPian

Quote:
I wasn't sure about getting them painted so told them I can live with the scratches on the discs. I didn't want to risk any more damages. Also after a week with the scratches, they seem to have reduced to a tiny spec
Yeah it's better not to get it painted for you can't get the factory paint finish easily. The scratches are not that visible right, moreover the wheels are still new. There are places which can somewhat match the factory finish, but when you are getting it done under someone else's account, I think you did the right thing by not getting it re-painted.
ajaypjayaraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2014, 00:41   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethomasv
When Ac is in auto mode all the outlets are open including the one for the front windshield. A hint of rain and this fogs up the windshield. The only way around it is to either raise the temperature or switch to manual mode.
Mine does this too, I'm sure it not a fault
merve_extreme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2014, 15:30   #68
BHPian

Merry Xmas/Good Governance day everyone!
Quick Update:

My Skoda Octavia Ambition, TDI DSG-km.jpg

The car has covered 13888 kms as of today. We did another trip to Coorg, this time with 5 adults and their luggage onboard. That huge boot can carry a lot of luggage! The car performed admirably, both on the highway and the nonexistent estate roads.

Zero issues so far other than the minor irritants mentioned before. Tires look like they'll manage to reach the 20k mark. Noise has increased considerably but grip levels still good.

Overall fuel efficiency has now settled to around 14.5-15.5 kmpl.

DBS tire guys replaced the scratched alloy centre cap. Thanks guys.

Kagu 3D mats bought couple of months back.
My Skoda Octavia Ambition, TDI DSG-driver3d.jpg
My Skoda Octavia Ambition, TDI DSG-frontleft3d.jpg
My Skoda Octavia Ambition, TDI DSG-rea3d.jpg

The ones I had on the Civic were a perfect fit. I can't say the same about these though. There is a considerable gap between the mat and the dead pedal. Maybe the ones I got are for the manual version. The dealer wasn't aware of a different version for the automatic. I bought from the wholesale dealer so got a good deal. So no complaints.

The 15k service will be due in around a month. I hate to go back to the rusty old service centre but there's no other choice.
joethomasv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2014, 18:33   #69
Senior - BHPian

Good to see your Octavia is doing nice without any troubles and glad that DBS tyres helped in sorting out the damage they did.

In love with the new Octavia, planning to upgrade to a Jetta/Octavia from my Vento next year but i hate the dreaded VW customer support, no other option as well, all other D segment cars are so dull to drive.

Is the tyre wear so much that they will only last till 20k kms? Or you mean to say they will last 20k more from the present odo reading.
Old 25th December 2014, 18:58   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Is the tyre wear so much that they will only last till 20k kms?
I feel the ownership experience more than makes up for the substandard service.

I do a lot of driving over ghat sections/uneven roads. That's probably one of the reasons for the accelerated tire wear. My Figo tires lasted for only 45k while others in this forum are getting almost double that. I'm pretty sure the Goodyears on the Octavia will go bald in another 6k kms.
Old 5th March 2015, 22:19   #71
BHPian

First service done at 13935 kms. I was stuck in Coorg with the jeep so the total kms covered in the past two months = a big zero.

They only changed the oil and filter. Also topped up the brake fluid. Total bill came to Rs.5090. The filter only costs Rs.350! In 2002, the Lancer's oil filter cost Rs.2000! Even the counterfeit ones were around Rs.500 and up.

I had complained about the absence of the oil temperature display. When asked about it at the time of delivery, the SA (a new guy) asked a technician for clarification. He said since it is a new car, they are not aware of such minute details but promised to get back after checking another ambition A7.

I had left the car spotless and vacuumed so I guess that's the reason I got it two hours before the promised time. No complaints there. The car was almost as clean as I left it.

Renewed the insurance. Opted to go for Drive Assure this time round. The Engine Protector option (which includes the DSG gearbox also) was too hard to resist.

My Skoda Octavia Ambition, TDI DSG-skoda-service-bill-page-1.jpg
joethomasv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2015, 22:27   #72
Senior - BHPian

Did the service centre give you an explanation as to why air filter, pollen filter, diesel fuel filter were not changed? Of what i know, all these are compulsory to be changed at every service/15k kms interval.

Please send a mail to Skoda and clarify on the same. Not changing these essentials during service could backfire in future when a warranty claim arises and Skoda refuses warranty citing that you did not change the essential items. Marikar can easily shift the blame on you and say customer requested not to change air filter etc.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2015, 23:01   #73
Team-BHP Support

Joe, w.r.t. oil temperature display, from what I've read, you need to set your service mode to variable using VCDS and this in turn, activates the oil temperature display on the MFD.

Check out this link on Briskoda. Do you have access to a VCDS cable?
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2015, 12:24   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Did the service centre give you an explanation as to why air filter, pollen filter, diesel fuel filter were not changed? Of what i know, all these are compulsory to be changed at every service/15k kms interval.
You are right. I've shot a mail to Skoda with the service details just in case they feel like digging up excuses to refuse warranty if and when it is required. They'll probably reply with the standard "please contact authorised service centre in your area" template.

I called up the service advisor just now. He said they didn't change the diesel filter probably because it was not in stock or on inspection, it wasn't required to change! According to the manual, only the air filter need not be replaced at 15k service. It says renew instead of replace. I don't know how one can inspect a fuel filter and decide if it needs changing or not.

Now I'm pretty sure they didn't change the pollen and fuel filter because they didn't have it in stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Joe, w.r.t. oil temperature display, from what I've read, you need to set your service mode to variable using VCDS and this in turn, activates the oil temperature display on the MFD.
Thanks for the info Gannu. I was resisting the temptation to get the cable and software but looks like it is the only way out.
Old 7th March 2015, 13:11   #75
BHPian

My Skoda Octavia Ambition, TDI DSG-imageuploadedbyteambhp1425713954.925812.jpg

I got this reply from Skoda/ Marikar regarding the diesel and pollen filter change. According to them fuel filter change is not mandatory at first service. That's a relief.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks