Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2020, 01:15   #31

Re: 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe @ 2000 kms

Hey Gungax... I have come across a very good 22K driven late 2015 model Santa Fe (driven by a family friend in my home state, Jharkhand). The price is very tempting and the car looks like in a great condition.

Would be great if you can answer these few questions given your long ownership :

1. What's the yearly cost of ownership (excluding fuel cost and accidents)?
2. Anything specific I should be aware of for a car so old and out of warranty?
3. How is the FNG network in Bangalore? Anyone you have tried/would recommend?

Thanks a ton in advance!
Paritosh91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 08:02   #32
BHPian

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe @ 2000 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritosh91 View Post
Hey Gungax... I have come across a very good 22K driven late 2015 model Santa Fe (driven by a family friend in my home state, Jharkhand). The price is very tempting and the car looks like in a great condition.
Hi, First off, my usage is very different. I remain away from home more than 6 months in a year. When I am away, my family use the car occasionally. Once I am at home, all inter-city travel in the south are done in this car. I don’t keep an eye on FE and I drive with a heavy foot.

1. I get the car serviced every 7k Km, the recommended is 10k. That is about every 7-8 months. Each service with Hyundai ASS at Domlur cost about 15-18k, with oil and filter changes. My original brake pads were changed at 50k with some mileage still remaining on them. Fuel filter is a bit expensive but only needs frequent changes if the fuel used is bad. The wipers get hard within a summer especially if the car is parked outside for long periods. They are difficult to get and have long waiting time. I now have the 3M wipers, they look out of place without the frame but last much longer. Unfortunately I don’t have any servicing receipts with me as I am outside the country and will be back only some time end October.

2. As I have stated on this thread, parts are expensive. If you live in Bangalore, most of the parts are only a few days away in Chennai. Major parts like the entire tailgate will have to be shipped from Korea. Although the car is well built, it is no match for a body-on frame SUV, so it’s prudent to slow down for speed breakers, port holes etc. I haven’t had or heard of any steering issue. It is a well-known problem with the North American model. Although I drive with a strictly no horn policy even in the city, some of my family members just love to blow it all the time. My first two replacements were under warranty. Now I have an aftermarket one.

3. I tried a FNG off Sarjapur road, their quotation for the rear view mirror was almost the same as Hyundai Domlur. I guess MOBIS prices are similar for the ASS and the FNG, the only difference was the labour.

The car is so good, I have tried and found no replacement south of 30 lakh. Even with a lazy gearbox, the pickup is excellent. Guess I will have to get a German next if Hyundai doesn’t bring the new Santa Fe or Kia, the Telluride.

Do let me know if you have any specific queries.
Old 14th October 2020, 19:50   #33

Thanks a ton for the response!

My usage will be similar (being a consultant, can only spend weekends at home). This is my first 'used product buy' and hence am a bit apprehensive. Your response gives me confidence.

BTW how many kms has your car seen in the last 5 years? The car I am looking at has got 37K on the odometer and I was wondering if there are any major part changes I should be looking at in the next 10-20K kms.
Old 21st October 2020, 20:10   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritosh91 View Post
Thanks a ton for the response!
BTW how many kms has your car seen in the last 5 years? The car I am looking at has got 37K on the odometer and I was wondering if there are any major part changes I should be looking at in the next 10-20K kms.
The car has done about 55,000 Km. In the past 6 years, only parts changed were the brake pads and tyres.

If you can take a look at the user manual which came with the car, it will show all the replacement schedules. The schedule given in the user manual is OK for Indian conditions.
If you do mostly highways, then you can extend the replacement time.
Old 28th January 2022, 23:39   #35
BHPian

Hi All,
I am on the look out for a pre owned Santa Fe, broad requirements:

- 7 seater (5+2 should be fine)
- Good and reliable engine and car
- Good build
- High on safety
- Automatic a must
- Petrol or Siesel is fine
- AWD(Bonus)

Any advice or feedback would be helpful, there is one on sale - 2014 - with 90k on odo, looks well maintained - 1st owner - kindly advice.
Old 10th February 2022, 16:54   #36
BHPian

Hi. I think if you place your query on ""used car price check thread" you might get a better response. As I am also looking for a good, affordable, pre-owned SUV, I too find Santa Fes at a very attractive prices. I think major issues with this car would be availability of spares, and their prices.
Old 17th February 2022, 16:46   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by npawan29 View Post
Hi All,
I am on the look out for a pre owned Santa Fe, broad requirements:

Any advice or feedback would be helpful, there is one on sale - 2014 - with 90k on odo, looks well maintained - 1st owner - kindly advice.
Hi, I sold my SF in November 2021. Unfortunately I had trouble finding anyone who was willing to purchase the car!

I't important to remember, with the Santa Fe, this is not your typical Hyundai car. It is the company's showcase of their capability.
This means that the car is usually very reliable with a lower cost of regular maintenance.

Cost of spares are expensive: One ORVM (left side) was 22k and one A/C vent to replace was 11K in 2020. A complete suspension overhaul can cost upto 2Lakh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawad0222 View Post
Hi. I think if you place your query on ""used car price check thread" you might get a better response. As I am also looking for a good, affordable, pre-owned SUV, I too find Santa Fes at a very attractive prices. I think major issues with this car would be availability of spares, and their prices.
Regarding the SF, I have never had issues replacing mechanical parts, body parts or inside trim parts. All service was done in Hyderabad/ Bangalore Hyundai ASS. This is due to parts cost being similar quoted by ASS and the price found online.

The only part which had more than 3 days waiting were the wipers!
gungax is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2022, 22:30   #38
BHPian

I did check a couple of them out, there were in poor condition, I wish we connected earlier.. still hunting for one, will update here once I get one, wish me luck.
npawan29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 17:02   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gungax View Post
Hi, I sold my SF in November 2021. Unfortunately I had trouble finding anyone who was willing to purchase the car!

I't important to remember, with the Santa Fe, this is not your typical Hyundai car. It is the company's showcase of their capability.
This means that the car is usually very reliable with a lower cost of regular maintenance.

Cost of spares are expensive: One ORVM (left side) was 22k and one A/C vent to replace was 11K in 2020. A complete suspension overhaul can cost upto 2Lakh.

Regarding the SF, I have never had issues replacing mechanical parts, body parts or inside trim parts. All service was done in Hyderabad/ Bangalore Hyundai ASS. This is due to parts cost being similar quoted by ASS and the price found online.

The only part which had more than 3 days waiting were the wipers!
Thanks Gungax for providing some valuable inputs about SF. I think high cost of spares is the reason for them being available for an affordable sum. So does it mean, that its reasonable to avoid preowned SF.
Old 2nd November 2022, 23:21   #40
BHPian

I picked up a pre-loved Santa Fe last month and loving the ownership. Thank you to Gungax for the thread and also patiently answering my queries on PM, means a lot to me and helped me take the final decision.
Meer is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks