Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2022, 12:26   #316
Team-BHP Support

re: Volvo XC60, D5 Summum AWD. EDIT: Sold at 9-years and 1,00,000 kms!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepak_bajaj View Post
Can anyone confirm / share the tentative price of XC60 under belly plate for engine protection? I have been quoted 50k by the dealer. I don't want to get this installed outside.
Do you plan to do some off-roading or have to travel to some remote areas? Else, I am sure the one that's fitted standard should hold good.

An easy way to check the prices is to google the part number and then you can see a factor in comparison with overseas prices. Say, 100 Euros, expect ~ Rs 13,000.
Turbanator is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 30th April 2022, 14:19   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Do you plan to do some off-roading or have to travel to some remote areas? Else, I am sure the one that's fitted standard should hold good.
I don't plan any off roading but trip to Leh-Laddakh, Spiti, Sach Pass etc. Some parts of North East where roads are bad.
Do you mean to say that a standard plate comes fitted on the latest model (B5 mild hybrid)? The SA told me otherwise. I myself could not check personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
An easy way to check the prices is to google the part number and then you can see a factor in comparison with overseas prices. Say, 100 Euros, expect ~ Rs 13,000.
As per one website it costs $400 = ~30k, which is still expensive but dealer asking 50k.
deepak_bajaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2022, 14:29   #318
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I don't plan any off roading but trip to Leh-Laddakh, Spiti, Sach Pass etc. Some parts of North East where roads are bad.
Do you mean to say that a standard plate comes fitted on the latest model (B5 mild hybrid)
There should be something, personally, I won't get it given the intended usage. One needs to be a little careful with most of EU cars.

Quote:
As per one website it costs $400 = ~30k, which is still expensive but dealer asking 50k.
So, they are taking a factor of 125 on USD. Not sure about the GST on auto parts/ accessories but if it's 28% then the prices look ok. If we add customs and GST, they are not asking for much premium. If you must buy, can ask for a discount and free fitting.
Turbanator is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2022, 15:46   #319
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Can anyone confirm / share the tentative price of XC60 under belly plate for engine protection? I have been quoted 50k by the dealer. I don't want to get this installed outside.
With Turbanator you are getting advise from the master himself.

I checked with my dealer. The metal guard costs ₹50,000. The plastic guard costs ₹18,000. Hope this helps. I fitted the metal guard.
V.Narayan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th April 2022, 15:50   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
With Turbanator you are getting advise from the master himself.

I checked with my dealer. The metal guard costs ₹50,000. The plastic guard costs ₹18,000. Hope this helps. I fitted the metal guard.
Thanks a lot for sparing your time to check with the dealer. Means a lot. I will make up my mind now. Two masters, two ideas
deepak_bajaj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 07:30   #321
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks a lot for sparing your time to check with the dealer. Means a lot. I will make up my mind now.
Given that VN is also using it and Volvo dealer is keeping stock of this part and assuming they have recommended it, there is no harm in getting it done. I have no experience owning a Volvo and on other brands like BMW or MB, no one recommends or stocks. So, must be some reason.

Good luck with your purchase.

Last edited by Turbanator : 1st May 2022 at 07:52. Reason: minor correction.
Turbanator is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 08:01   #322
Distinguished - BHPian

Not sure about the gaurd plate, but certainly include engine+gearbox protection add-on when you buy insurance.
androdev is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 4th May 2022, 10:30   #323
BHPian

Guys, I had almost booked the XC60 yesterday. But I received a strange call from the SA saying that we should not go ahead with XC60 as the new model has some serious issues. The new cars sold have been reporting issues like stalling, Infotainment glitch and few others (which he did not elaborate).
I'm in a fix now. Can anybody has experience with B5 Inscription AWD 2022 model? Any suggestion to resolve this dilemma would be helpful.
deepak_bajaj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 19:54   #324
Distinguished - BHPian

Measured the Volvo's mileage after a long time. Did it on a round road trip of 521 kms from Delhi NCR to rural Haridwar district and back. Used the full tank to full tank method. Result = 14.9 kms/ litre of diesel across a mix of Delhi traffic, the superb Meerut Expressway and moderately crowded State Highways.

Last edited by V.Narayan : 1st June 2022 at 19:58.
V.Narayan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 17:24   #325
Distinguished - BHPian

The Brown Mare needs its first off-schedule repair job

The Brown Mare experienced its first off-schedule repair need last week with the belt that runs the alternator snapping off. Fortunately I was able to call the Manager of the ASC and he correctly identified the problem. So without switching off the engine, and as I had time, the car was driven to the ASC, the belt changed for Rs 8550 including taxes, and we drove back within the hour. I guess with the car now 7.5 years old I can forgive her this one unplanned event. Maybe the Brown Mare was saying, hey you haven't patted me or stroked me in a while...let me remind you. Don't you dare ignore me!!!

These days the car is doing a few longish trips each month from the 125 kms ones to the 500 kms ones due to some outstation projects of mine. Looks like the next service, its 10th, at 90,000 kms will come up in less than four months.

Sadly the Delhi-NCR rule of 10 years for diesels is going to hit this handsome car in little over 2 years. I do not intend to sell it. It will be given to a charitable organization in Maharashtra who need its rugged 4WD diesel pull. And I suspect she will serve on for some more years thereafter.

Photo below taken about a year back. Fresh photos will come with the next service.
Attached Thumbnails
Volvo XC60, D5 Summum AWD. EDIT: Sold at 9-years and 1,00,000 kms!-2021-jan-16.jpg  

Last edited by V.Narayan : 25th July 2022 at 17:25.
V.Narayan is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 12:20   #326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
[b]
Sadly the Delhi-NCR rule of 10 years for diesels is going to hit this handsome car in little over 2 years.
I do not intend to sell it. It will be given to a charitable organization in Maharashtra who need its rugged 4WD diesel pull. And I suspect she will serve on for some more years thereafter.
Quite an impressive turn around time and this is the experience one should get with a premium vehicle and Volvo hasn't disappointed as usual.

The 10 year rule in some cases feels especially unfair and this is one of them.

Kudos to a worthy service life for this understated brilliance of a car and hats off to your decision of letting it serve in a place where it will be optimally used for the benefit of humanity. It isn't an easy decision to make for most of us but somehow I wasn't surprised reading it from you

Respect
shancz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 14:07   #327
Distinguished - BHPian

Last month I had the 3M PPC film removed from my Lexus and replaced with ceramic coating. This was done by Lexus at their facility in West Delhi. They did what prima facie seems a good job. Posts # 331, 332 below.

Lexus on my request have agreed to do the same for the Brown Mare - i.e. strip off the 3M PPC film and replace it with a ceramic coat. I'm tempted. Cost, Rs 80,000 or so.

Would love to hear the views of the members. My thanks in advance to all who add their inputs for or against.

The diesel-engined Brown Mare is going to be with me for another 18 months at most and sometime in early 2024 get moved to another home I'm associated with away from the dreaded 10-year rule in Delhi-NCR. It could go to Raipur or Navi Mumbai.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...update-22.html

One of my most favourite shots of the Brown Mare, taken earlier this year.
Attached Thumbnails
Volvo XC60, D5 Summum AWD. EDIT: Sold at 9-years and 1,00,000 kms!-2022-march-1-copy2.jpg  

V.Narayan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 15:40   #328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Lexus on my request have agreed to...strip off the 3M PPF film and replace it with a ceramic coat. I'm tempted. Cost, Rs 80,000 or so.

Would love to hear the views of the members. My thanks in advance to all who add their inputs for or against.
Sir, my recommendation would be to let the PPF remain as is until the time you send her off to a new home. The PPF still has a protective value to it, much more than anything the ceramic coating might offer. If you're getting a ceramic coating done for vibrancy, just get her waxed and detailed twice a year. She'll look as good as new.
iliketurtles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 19:25   #329
Distinguished - BHPian

This is the trouble with Lexus and Volvo. With the Germans, you will not be having any extra cash on you to get such ideas.

Jokes apart, ceramic coating is an ongoing commitment to keep the car in dazzling condition. PPF is more about protecting the original paint at the expense of losing some sheen. I do neither because PPF offers limited protection which I am not too keen to spend big bucks on, ceramic coating requires regular rejuvenation to keep the dazzle.

Either you keep PPF or commit to regular rejuvenation regime if you opt for ceramic coating. One time ceramic coating doesn’t help in our dusty environment.

Given it’s a big SUV, I would say, keep the PPF. They can’t compete with the sedans in beauty contest. You may not get the desired makeover.
androdev is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 24th September 2022, 10:30   #330
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
Sir, my recommendation would be to let the PPF remain as is until the time you send her off to a new home. The PPF still has a protective value to it, much more than anything the ceramic coating might offer. If you're getting a ceramic coating done for vibrancy, just get her waxed and detailed twice a year. She'll look as good as new.
Quote:
Jokes apart, ceramic coating is an ongoing commitment to keep the car in dazzling condition. PPF is more about protecting the original paint at the expense of losing some sheen. Given it’s a big SUV, I would say, keep the PPF.
Gentlemen, thank you for your counsel. I will be following what you recommend. The PPF stays. No ceramic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
This is the trouble with Lexus and Volvo. With the Germans, you will not be having any extra cash on you to get such ideas.
V.Narayan is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks