Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2023, 19:30   #361
BHPian

Re: Volvo XC60, D5 Summum AWD. EDIT: Sold at 9-years and 1,00,000 kms!

Thanks for keeping this thread so enchanting and informative for all of us folks.

Adieu to Brown mare!

I remember our discussion of C40 on another thread and I am glad to read that you chose for C40. Looking forward to your initial ownership experience soon !

Quote:
Originally Posted by carthick1000 View Post
My personal suggestion would be to wait for the C40 as it seems to have more range than XC40 due to it's coupe design, which is aerodynamically better than XC40. Also, in some tests, C40 seems to get more range than XC40. Here is an overview of Bjorn Nyland's test results. And when did we last get a Volvo coupe in India!
carthick1000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2023, 19:38   #362
BHPian

Well-maintained car going to a trusted car dealer. Lucky 2nd owner whoever buys it, hope someone from TBHP. I hope your health is back on track again @v.narayan! Happy smiles and miles with your new EV!

Last edited by wheeledwanderer : 12th October 2023 at 19:46. Reason: typo error
wheeledwanderer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 08:15   #363
BHPian

Re: Volvo XC60, D5 Summum AWD. EDIT: 9-years and 100,000 kms; now sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post

Alas! My car has fallen victim to Delhi-NCRs (in my opinion) misplaced 10-year rule on diesels. Some may understand this trait of mine, and some may think I'm nuts but I talk to my cars, pat them, stroke them etc. For me a car is a pet in the house to be loved and cared for.
Sorry you had to part with the car, most of us on the forum can understand your emotions! This rule on de registering old cars without determining the fitness is really not fair, I am yet to see any improvement in the air quality and not hopeful of this rule contributing significantly anytime in the near future.

Hope you will enjoy the new purchase as much as you have enjoyed this one
abaliga is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2023, 07:05   #364
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carthick1000 View Post
Thanks for keeping this thread so enchanting and informative for all of us folks.

Adieu to Brown mare!

I remember our discussion of C40 on another thread and I am glad to read that you chose for C40. Looking forward to your initial ownership experience soon!
Yes carthick1000, you and Turbanator can genuinely take credit for the final selection being the Volvo C40. Thank you for your far thinking suggestion. I compromised and accepted the all black interiors of the C40 vs the gorgeous brown tan upholstery of the XC40. the upside being the longer range and a more modern platform. I tried the one pedal driving with regenerative braking. I can see I will struggle with it and I'm concerned about muscle reflex memory needing to be tuned for two-pedal driving for my Lexus and (if I choose regenerative braking) single-pedal driving for the C40 and risk of accidents or near misses.

My residential complex has 8 EV charging spots which I can proudly say were installed when I was leading the RWA and now we are working on obtaining an additional feeder line from the Electricity Board to support one EV charging point for each flat. That will take a few months. An EV will give me peace of mind that no Delhi-NCR rule can come to force me to sell the car prematurely as happened with the XC60.

The C40 will be my drive. I wonder what technological advances lie ahead for EVs. Who knows technology might compel me to sell it in ten years.
V.Narayan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th October 2023, 21:06   #365
BHPian

That generation of XC60 is quite robust and sturdy. Even though it lacks the modern day features, but still it has adequate features and punchy D5 diesel will keep you smiling all day long, will be hard option to see it go. All the very best for your new EV and I hope it serves you well with the same grace as that of XC60
autocratic1107 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2024, 15:23   #366
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

ISSUE WITH BRAKE- Problem remains even after 6 Months

Dear BHP family. I am facing a serious problem with my 2014 model Volvo XC 60 D5 AWD and seek help.

In sept. 2023 I gave the car for 80 K service even though it was done only 71 KM to Martial Motors Motors Bangalore as it was serviced with them since beginning.The was in excellent condition till than. When it was delivered I found some thing wrong with the Brake as the peddle was not holding firm and going down, I refused to take delivery and pointed out to the service guy who said he will check. The next day the car was delivered to me telling that there is nothing wrong and they have bleeded the BRAKE AND NOW ITS OK.
The very next day I started my pre planned trip to Indore. Reached Aurangabad for a night halt without any incident. Next day morning I started my journey towards Indore, within 30 minutes and about 40 kms drive realised that the brake peddle is slowly loosing its strength and I had to press it very hard to slow down. Reached Indore driving very carefully and took the car to Indore Volvo dealership.That was the nearest dealership.

The Machanic in INDORE again did the same process of bleeding the brake and said all OK, after one week of driving the same problem reappeared. After doing this for three times finally they said we have to change the Master cylinder. As this part was to be imported from Sweden, the car was parked in the workshop for one month.
The new master cylinder was fixed and the service head declared that the brake is Ok.Drove for 400 Km's and the problem started showing up. For some reasons the service guy decided to again bleed the brake. NO use. The car is not fit to drive practically since last September.

When I visited them today( INDORE) they were trying to bleed the whole braking system again.I asked them to check wether there is any slow leak in the brake clippers, checked absolutely no leak.Today they are in contact with the technical guy from the factory.

Since every time I took delivery of the car hoping that all is well, I have to clear the bill, resulting in paying the service centre nearly 80k so far.

I have lost faith in Indore service centre. Why they changed the master cylinder ? and what now ? Is this a issue which is very unique to my car ?

Appreciate members suggestions and help please.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks