Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2022, 17:08   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volvo S60 D5 Ownership Review : 10 years, 82000 km update!

A very warm congratulations to you fellow Volvo lover. These 11 years are a testimony to your love for looking after the car so caringly and to the solid engineering of the car itself. I'd say hold onto the old girl. She's got some more years in her and these maintenance costs are well within your budget Doc!

I'm looking forward to many more years of reading your posts on the orange S60. Wishing you happy and safe miles.

PS: Photos, photos :-)

Last edited by V.Narayan : 10th June 2022 at 17:14.
V.Narayan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 20:22   #137
BHPian

Congratulations on completing 11 years with your heartthrob!! Your original review is what drove me towards buying a Volvo and 7 years later I can say I have no regrets. The car has been reliable and maintenance expense has been very reasonable compared to the BMW/Mercedes in the family.
AmGu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 08:46   #138
BHPian

Re: Volvo S60 D5 Ownership Review : 11 years, 90,000 km update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psispace View Post
11 Years, 90000 Km Update
Congrats on the milestone; good to see that your car is chugging along fine, but I wonder if the expenses are a tad on the higher side than what I would've expected from a Volvo. (Still it ain't no money-pit like my Mercedes).

I think I spotted your car in Aluva today morning (around 8:20 am on 24 Jun 2022). Couldn't snap a picture.
voldemort is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 15:21   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by voldemort View Post
Congrats on the milestone; good to see that your car is chugging along fine, but I wonder if the expenses are a tad on the higher side than what I would've expected from a Volvo. (Still it ain't no money-pit like my Mercedes).
Thanks for the compliments. Keeping fingers crossed.

Quote:
I think I spotted your car in Aluva today morning (around 8:20 am on 24 Jun 2022). Couldn't snap a picture.
I was in Kothamangalam at the time. Mine is a KL08. Perhaps you spotted the KL07 car.
psispace is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 15:25   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psispace View Post
I was in Kothamangalam at the time. Mine is a KL08. Perhaps you spotted the KL07 car.
No it was infact a Thrissur registered (KL 08) car!

The front number plate had a blue vertical bar on the left. And the plates and the letters looked fresh, without fading or anything.

But I suppose it was a different car since you were elsewhere.
Old 26th June 2022, 09:43   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by voldemort View Post
No it was infact a Thrissur registered (KL 08) car!

But I suppose it was a different car since you were elsewhere.
Wow ! Nice. Didn't know there is another Vibrant Copper S60 in Thrissur. I wonder if he/she is in this forum?

Quote:
The front number plate had a blue vertical bar on the left. And the plates and the letters looked fresh, without fading or anything.
Mine is on the right.

Last edited by psispace : 26th June 2022 at 09:45.
Old 26th June 2022, 13:49   #142
BHPian

A wonderful long-term review for S60 and an immaculately serviced car you have, no doubt the onus of keeping the car in such an immaculate condition goes to you.

The constant denominator, which all cars irrespective of make and model, have to contend with in India: the uneven condition of roads, the dust flying on our Indian highways, the oft debris lying on roads whether a dead animal or sand, construction material thrown by the overburdened trucks that ply on roads, the harsh climate, the traffic, etc. These factors which the cars irrespective of the make and model have to contend with would make the journey of maintaining the cars long time difficult, and arduous. The ones that come out shining and intact -- case in point, the S60 that you have -- make us believe that it is possible, that it is not a far-fetched notion. Obviously, the long-term ownership of the car would not have been possible unless you are willing to take that journey. Thanks for keeping us abreast with the updates on the car and kudos to you for keeping the car well maintained. I am of the firm opinion that the number of people willing to undergo long-term ownership of their car is dwindling--Not team-bhpians, but others.

A car past 10 years of ownership or 6-digit mileage(whichever comes first) in conditions that are peculiar to India would require additional expenses which are cumbersome. Obviously, these expenses are separate when compared to the usual consumables. These could be AC motor\blower change(if required), etc which may not be expensive compared to engine mounts replacement, suspension, steering OH, etc these are heavy expenses. Kindly share your thoughts regarding the same.
ritedhawan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 16:05   #143
BHPian

Re: Volvo S60 D5 Ownership Review : 11 years, 92000 km update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritedhawan View Post
A wonderful long-term review for S60 and an immaculately serviced car you have, no doubt the onus of keeping the car in such an immaculate condition goes to you.
Thanks for your wishes.

Quote:
Thanks for keeping us abreast with the updates on the car and kudos to you for keeping the car well maintained
Just giving back to what I gained a lot from.

Quote:
I am of the firm opinion that the number of people willing to undergo long-term ownership of their car is dwindling--Not team-bhpians, but others.
The unbelievably high prices of cars in this segment actually encourages you to hold on to your ride a bit longer. Professionals like me, with not much disposable income and growing kids, wonder whether it is worth splurging on a new car. eg; I had been invited for a test drive of the XC40 Recharge two weeks ago. I also test drove the new XC60. The XC60's cost, on road in Kerala, is an eye watering 89 lakhs as of now. You could buy the range topping XC90 with that money not so long ago.

Quote:
A car past 10 years of ownership or 6-digit mileage(whichever comes first) in conditions that are peculiar to India would require additional expenses which are cumbersome.
Quote:
Kindly share your thoughts regarding the same.
Quite true. The regular consumables actually don't cost much, atleast for my Volvo. Its' the parts you mention that will take a financial hit. Suspension parts, brake parts, mounts and bushes are what frequently get worn. Unless you are an extremely sedate driver, its' impossible to ensure longevity of these on our roads. In cars like these they are indeed expensive.

But if you factor in the cost of EMIs, insurance and service liabilities of a new car (even in the same segment) against the afore mentioned costs annually, retaining the older car makes a lot more financial sense. This is taking into account that it is serviceable within limits of safety for you and your family.

The other factor is the psychological factor. It is human nature to get bored of something after sometime. 'Familiarity breeds contempt' goes the old adage. And 10 years is a long, very long time. What was a jaw dropping beautiful car a decade ago will seem like just a nice car a few years later. We all yearn for change after a while.

I have been fighting this itch since the past three years. I even considered taking EMI out of the picture. I can afford to (with some disdain to myself) buy a E or upper J segment car paying all upfront. But when you see that same money growing rapidly in those investments and mutual funds you parked it in, it makes you think twice. The COVID situation two years ago was an eye opener to how quickly your presumed financial stability can start to disappear in a few months. I was lucky I was EMI free at the time, and I still maintain to be.

Your mindset is a big influencer of these decisions. You should not go down the long term ownership route if it affects you mentally. For some, not upgrading is equivalent to not coming up in life. Your neighbours may taunt you and suspect you aren't doing well. You might want to be seen in a brand new car when you drive up to social gatherings. You want respect and priority parking when you drive into a hotel lobby. Things like that.

Its' a different matter if you are secure financially. You have excess capital and want to upgrade to the latest car or a segment higher. Even more, you want to also retain the car you fell in love with and keep her forever. There are many here and elsewhere who do that.

It sounds funny, but I also had an Alto for 11 years till 2014. The Volvo was my next car. I could use all the money saved retaining it, to finance the Volvo. I had to sell it however, to finance a Polo GT for my wife 8 years ago. It was an emotional farewell but one that was a financial necessity. You also have to consider space to park your old vehicles if you intend on retaining them. I was in short supply of that also.

So mindset which I feel is the most important (a car is an emotional purchase experience),
finances,
serviceability,
and last, physical space available, are the important deciding factors in long term (or ultra long term) ownership.
psispace is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 09:33   #144
BHPian

Congratulations on completing 10 years with your beautiful machine. She has aged really well. It makes financial sense to hold on to cars longer.

I always prefer to buy the car that I really want without making any compromises (even if it entails waiting a bit longer to put together my finances), and hold on to them longer.

I sold my last car after completing 9 years with her.
anshu1101 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 12:09   #145
BHPian

Quote:
The unbelievably high prices of cars in this segment actually encourages you to hold on to your ride a bit longer.
True. If I were in your place I would continue to hold on the S60. The rise of car prices irrespective of segment in itself makes a strong case to hold on to our existing cars.

The beautiful color, the timeless design, well maintained interiors and thorough service that your S60 has gone through is an additional incentive to hold on to it. However, continuing with the train of thought that I expressed in my last post regarding the incoming heavy expenses which may be incurred e.g. engine mounts replacement, suspension and steering OH etc. It would be worth a shot to consider procuring those expensive parts from websites like the one already mentioned in this thread https://www.volvopartswebstore.com/ or boodmo.com and more importantly getting in touch with ex-Volvo engineer's--There has been a mention of two such engineer's in your state in this thread-- or an independent workshop to get those OH jobs done. I assume you are satisfied with the support that has been provided the Volvo ASC.

Nevertheless, its an accomplishment in itself to maintain your car in its pristine condition.

I have been looking for additional information regarding S60 on FCP Euro YouTube channel in terms of diagnostics and to make oneself aware of additional information regarding your vehicle and would like you share those links:

https://www.youtube.com/c/fcpeuro

The FCP Euro YouTube channel have lots of videos regarding Volvo S60 and I have subscribed to their channel as I am curious about Volvo S60.
ritedhawan is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 14:52   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritedhawan View Post
It would be worth a shot to consider procuring those expensive parts from websites like the one already mentioned in this thread https://www.volvopartswebstore.com/ or boodmo.com and more importantly getting in touch with ex-Volvo engineer's--There has been a mention of two such engineer's in your state in this thread-- or an independent workshop to get those OH jobs done. I assume you are satisfied with the support that has been provided the Volvo ASC.
The service engineer that I call, stays close to were I am now and is known to me personally. So I can trust him to not rip me off with unwanted work.

And true, I can always call upon the afore mentioned independent workshop and order parts online if things don't work out.

Quote:
I have been looking for additional information regarding S60 on FCP Euro YouTube channel in terms of diagnostics and to make oneself aware of additional information regarding your vehicle and would like you share those links:
Thanks for this invaluable info.
Old 25th July 2022, 20:20   #147
BHPian

10 years with a car is enduring love that you possess towards your car. The S60 is a looker. I think this generation of Volvos have really nailed it on the styling front with simple clean lines and the S60 is no different. Wish you many more happy miles.
Gypsian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 22:29   #148

Congratulations on a decade of Swedish fish ownership. These new volvo's look bang on and are built to the highest safety standars. Wishing you a decade more of swedish love.
UncleSam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2023, 20:44   #149
BHPian

Re: Volvo S60 D5 Ownership Review : 12 years, 100000 km update!

Just missed taking the 100k photo

Volvo S60 D5 Ownership Review : 10 years, 82000 km update!-volvo-odo-100k.jpg

12th anniversary got over some time back in March

Had to change the battery in February this year. Damage - Rs.10,200 for an Amaron

Insurance premium this year was Rs.16,900 for an eye watering ADV of 9,00,000

In May, the Compressor fan went Kaput. A new set had to be ordered. The fan comes built into a control unit which had to be purchased together. It costed around Rs.65,000. Part was not available in India. My service guy sincerely tried to see if he can scavenge parts from some totalled car from my generation of S60 to allow me to drive the car till the part arrives. Without the fan, the car could not be even driven to the service center which was 45kms away. The only other option would be to flatbed it there. Fortunately the parts arrived in a weeks time. My service advisor also offered to change it on-site and then drive it to the service center to complete the rest of the service. Till then I was advised to drive only the short distance to and from the hospital where I work. Trips to my hometown in Thrissur were done in my wife’s Polo during this period.

Brake pads were effective even at this level.

Volvo S60 D5 Ownership Review : 10 years, 82000 km update!-volvo-brake-disc.jpg

The regular service involved changing the rear brake pads which cost 10000. Along with the regular service and the compressor fan replacement, this sojourn to the service center cost – Rs.1,02,000

All glow plugs sensor issues I had mentioned last year are no more there. However, having crossed 100k they will need to be replaced soon. Although I was willing to change them now, I was advised by my trusted service advisor to do so only at next service as it was good to go for some more time considering my limited running.

Due to a couple of near misses, I finally convince myself to get a dual dashcam fixed.

I first tried a cheaper (Rs.5000) dashcam from a local accessories guy. This was a dashcam that was being marketed by a vehicle tracking agency called Letstrack. Although the functions along with their android app and the real time tracking were impressive, the image quality on the camera even in FHD was very poor. Night image quality was pathetic and would not serve its purpose in case of an accident. To make things worse, I started getting bombarded from their call center for renewing subscription for tracking facility. After refusing to renew subscription, they started spamming me via Whatsapp, SMS, emaiI and bot calls. I finally ended up disconnecting the camera and had to threaten them with legal repercussions if they continued spamming me. So much for cheaping out on the camera.

After some research here on the forum and elsewhere, I decided on the 70mai A800s. They had very good pre and after sales support. They guided me throughout the purchase process and gave me contacts for live support for installation. I got it installed at the Volvo service center. Installation was straightforward and did not need live support
I found the rates on Amazon to be cheaper and after consulting the 70mai guys, purchased from there.

Links below;
https://www.amazon.in/your-orders/po...ntId=UNQGyT8hk

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B09...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also ended up buying this jump starter before a trip

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Rear camera is quite small, records in FHD and is reasonably discreet

Volvo S60 D5 Ownership Review : 10 years, 82000 km update!-rear-dashcam.jpg

Front camera not so discreet, at best may look like an extension of the ADAS Cameras, records in 4K
Also note a random crack on the windscreen. Its’ been there for a while and I have no idea how it happened. The crack is not lengthening, nor is it hampering the cameras, so I’ve let it be for now.

Volvo S60 D5 Ownership Review : 10 years, 82000 km update!-front-dashcam.jpg

The official Volvo wipers were not lasting long in the type of weather here in Kothamangalam. I found myself changing wipers more frequently.

These alternate solutions seem to work well

https://blaupunktcar.in/buy/car-wiper-blades/

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B06...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The Blaupunkt website doesn’t have Volvo in its’ drop down list of manufacturers. But buying the correct size (26” and 20”) would suffice as these come with multiple adapters for different makes of cars. Just be aware that the Blaupunkt site does not take returns or offer refunds. They will only offer to replace the product if it is defective. But this is a time-consuming process as it has to be coordinated with a local dealer.

One of my remote keys stopped working. It was found to have had an electric short – most probably after water seeped inside after one of my cleaning sessions, or after I had replaced the battery.
I had a new one ordered – damage, Rs.20000, and losing the car for a day to have it programmed at the service center.

This headlamp washer cover had come out when I reached back from hospital one evening. Don’t know if it was vandalized, or just popped off during some heavy rains while it was doing its business. Anyway, for some reason its’ not as expensive as the tow hook cover below it. Cost 3000 (as opposed to 5000).

Volvo S60 D5 Ownership Review : 10 years, 82000 km update!-volvo-washer-cover.jpg

These are the condition of the seats at 12 years. No extra coating done on the seats, just me and the service center’s TLC over the years. The tan colour masks abnormalities a lot.

Volvo S60 D5 Ownership Review : 10 years, 82000 km update!-volvo-interior.jpg

Volvo S60 D5 Ownership Review : 10 years, 82000 km update!-volvo-interior-2.jpg

Some random photos from the past year:

Shot of the engine bay during a pollution check. That is the rpm monitor sensor on the engine mount with it’s cable. They are more stringent with diesel engines these days, and some pollution centers are reluctant to test diesel cars. Some owners start fussing when it gives a higher reading and they can’t give the certificate. This center has the equipment and since I am a regular, he is confident mine will pass. Consistently shows a smoke density score of 0.35 (upper limit 2.45)

Volvo S60 D5 Ownership Review : 10 years, 82000 km update!-volvo-engine-bay.jpg

Chance meet with a friend from the Volvo group at a hotel in Kochi with our Polestarred rides.

Volvo S60 D5 Ownership Review : 10 years, 82000 km update!-volvo-twins.jpg

Ended up having some free time and decided to holiday and wind off. Unfortunately it was holiday season and no resort or hotel rooms were available anywhere in Kerala for the long weekend. We ended up booking here in the end. The rooms were quite cheap and we were initially wary of staying in such a place in the middle of nowhere. But we decided to bite the bullet and boy are we glad we did ! Idukki district has a lot of these hidden gems. I just didn’t have the time to explore them.

Rear of the car can be seen in the limited parking of this quaint resort an hour and a half drive away from my place

Volvo S60 D5 Ownership Review : 10 years, 82000 km update!-misty-wind-entrance.jpg

Interesting tyre sculpture at the entrance

Volvo S60 D5 Ownership Review : 10 years, 82000 km update!-misty-wind-sculpture.jpg

This is run by a family who owns the estate on the side of the hill its’ located in.
They have five independent cottages and an elevated cottage. The elevated cottage is very rustic and made of bamboo sticks in the theme of a tree house. However, it has AC, TV and built in bathroom.
This place is perfect for a private family get together. As it has limited cottages, you can book the entire property and ensure privacy.

This is the bamboo cottage we stayed in

Volvo S60 D5 Ownership Review : 10 years, 82000 km update!-misty-wind-cottage.jpg

Volvo S60 D5 Ownership Review : 10 years, 82000 km update!-misty-wind-signs.jpg

Views from the room

Volvo S60 D5 Ownership Review : 10 years, 82000 km update!-misty-wind-view1.jpg

Volvo S60 D5 Ownership Review : 10 years, 82000 km update!-misty-wind-view-2.jpg

Misty valley indeed

Volvo S60 D5 Ownership Review : 10 years, 82000 km update!-misty-wind-mist.jpg

Volvo S60 D5 Ownership Review : 10 years, 82000 km update!-misty-wind-mist-2.jpg

Although the road to the resort was steep and narrow, they were well paved and posed no issues for the Volvo. However, nearby sites required an SUV and we had to hire a ‘jeep’ for the rest of the trip.

This is a part of Illikkal Kallu ( a tourist site) seen form a distance. Photo taken from inside a Mahindra Commander. Always good to have a local to take you to these places.

Volvo S60 D5 Ownership Review : 10 years, 82000 km update!-jeep-illikal.jpg

This is the actual rock cropping of Illilkal Kalu. Involves a moderate trek to the top. It was quite a dangerous trek at one time with people losing their lives here on the last stage of the climb which is a bit narrow. Now with side railings and paved pathway ( atleast till the last stretch ), its’ safer. But the climb is not for those who are physically inactive, with cardiac or respiratory issues.

Volvo S60 D5 Ownership Review : 10 years, 82000 km update!-illikal-pathway.jpg

That’s’ my son mocking me while I’m huffing and puffing my way up. Notice the alternate pathway to the left for those who insist on doing it the hard way.

This is the top of the Kattikayam falls nearby.

Volvo S60 D5 Ownership Review : 10 years, 82000 km update!-kuttikanam-top.jpg

Reaching here involved trekking down. Going to the base of the falls involves further trekking. This place is crowded on weekends with locals and some tourists. These falls form in various stages. This edited video clip is of the second steepest stage. The steepest one towards the end of the video is a very arduous trek downhill amongst rocks and was beyond my capacity. I was already struggling for breath on the way back up to the amusement of the locals. If it weren’t for the guide with us, I wouldn’t have had the guts to come here.

This is another waterfall, Marmala falls. The trek here is short but a bit challenging as you have to trek through some forest area and climb over quite a few rocks to get here. You are also greeted by a risk of death warning signage put up by the local panchayat. Few unfortunate souls seem to have lost their lives while swimming at the base of these falls. It is unexpectedly deep in some areas and you get stuck inside. Some naval sailors once did not heed to the locals warnings and one of them lost their life. The huge rocks you see in the video weren’t there before. They were the effect of a recent landslide. We thanked the guide for all this wonderful information and quickly took photos and left the place in a hurry! Despite these warnings and signages there were people bathing downstream. Video taken with shaky hands standing on a rock.

This is another famous hill top, Ilavizhapoonchira. The winding road to this place is interesting as it passes through 2 districts (Idukki and Kottayam) alternatively. You see signages to this effect on the way up welcoming you to these districts in see-saw fashion. This hilltop is the base of a police wireless station and vehicles are not allowed on the last stretch. So that meant another long trek. But it was really worth it as the views were nothing short of mesmerizing and serene.

Volvo S60 D5 Ownership Review : 10 years, 82000 km update!-illavizha-1.jpg

Volvo S60 D5 Ownership Review : 10 years, 82000 km update!-illavizha-2.jpg

On a clear day, you can see parts of Ernakulam (up to the seashore), Idukki and Kottayam districts from this hill.

Volvo S60 D5 Ownership Review : 10 years, 82000 km update!-illavizha-3.jpg

Volvo S60 D5 Ownership Review : 10 years, 82000 km update!-illavizha-4.jpg

The old wireless station.

Volvo S60 D5 Ownership Review : 10 years, 82000 km update!-old-police-post.jpg

The external structure is not a lavatory but the generator room. The lavatory is inside the main structure. This area is prone to lightning strikes, so going it out in nature can be deadly. Must have been tough for the poor policemen at the time. Few days later, we found that a ‘to be released’ movie was shot at this location.

This below is the new structure that’s’ more forgiving to the poor cops on duty there.

Volvo S60 D5 Ownership Review : 10 years, 82000 km update!-new-police-post.jpg

No wonder I was gasping for breath here too !

Volvo S60 D5 Ownership Review : 10 years, 82000 km update!-illavizha-altitude.jpg

Thus ended this journey which I had planned for winding down, but ended up even more charged up after these multiple treks.
Sometimes these simple unplanned trips are what you enjoy the most.

Post continues
psispace is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 24th July 2023, 21:15   #150
BHPian

Re: Volvo S60 D5 Ownership Review : 12 years, 100,000 km update!

Few months later we were out to another resort. This was a boutique resort near Kumily in Idukki. Called the Reen Resorts, this also had limited villas (2 off them being pool villas) . These were expensive, but their location and service were exceptional.
https://www.reenresorts.com/

At the lobby

Volvo S60 D5 Ownership Review : 10 years, 82000 km update!-reen-lobby.jpg

Elevated ropeway to the only two exclusive pool villas seen in the background behind the main pool

Volvo S60 D5 Ownership Review : 10 years, 82000 km update!-reen-walkway.jpg

Attached pool seen from inside the room

Volvo S60 D5 Ownership Review : 10 years, 82000 km update!-reen-room-pool.jpg

Usually these resorts use Mahindra Commanders or Majors for offroad trips for their guests. This being a boutique resort and all, this was our ride to a nearby hill top (included in our stay package)

Volvo S60 D5 Ownership Review : 10 years, 82000 km update!-reen-fortuner.jpg

The views at the end of the offroad trip

Volvo S60 D5 Ownership Review : 10 years, 82000 km update!-annavilasam-3.jpg

Volvo S60 D5 Ownership Review : 10 years, 82000 km update!-annavilasam-hill-top.jpg

Those are our shadows in the photo

Volvo S60 D5 Ownership Review : 10 years, 82000 km update!-annavilasam-2.jpg

Again gasping for breath not being used to this altitude

Volvo S60 D5 Ownership Review : 10 years, 82000 km update!-annavilasam-altitude.jpg

That’s’ Idukki dam in the background on the way back home

Volvo S60 D5 Ownership Review : 10 years, 82000 km update!-idukki-dam.jpg

Stopped by at this really scenic spot, Kalvarimount

Volvo S60 D5 Ownership Review : 10 years, 82000 km update!-kalvarimount.jpg

The view after you get out of the car

Volvo S60 D5 Ownership Review : 10 years, 82000 km update!-kalvarimount-view.jpg

Idukki dam boating point – we were lucky to get tickets on a holiday weekend courtesy a last minute group cancellation

Volvo S60 D5 Ownership Review : 10 years, 82000 km update!-idukki-boating.jpg

Puducherry

Months later we drove down to Pondichery for a long weekend. I was finally able to stretch the Volvo’s legs and use adaptive cruise control for a significant portion of the journey. The highways were really smooth and well banked. The constant toll booths were the only irritant to an otherwise tireless journey.

Stayed at Le Pondy – again a pool villa.

https://www.lepondy.com/

The rooms were spacious and well appointed with an old world charm

Volvo S60 D5 Ownership Review : 10 years, 82000 km update!-le-pondy-1.jpg

Volvo S60 D5 Ownership Review : 10 years, 82000 km update!-le-pondy-2.jpg

View from the sitout at night

Volvo S60 D5 Ownership Review : 10 years, 82000 km update!-le-pondy-moon.jpg

Visit to Pondy is not complete without a visit to Auroville

Volvo S60 D5 Ownership Review : 10 years, 82000 km update!-aurobindo-entrance.jpg

Something makes you want to just stand and look at this all day

Volvo S60 D5 Ownership Review : 10 years, 82000 km update!-aurobindo-meditation.jpg

One of the views from the New Light House

Volvo S60 D5 Ownership Review : 10 years, 82000 km update!-lighthouse-view.jpg

What you have to climb to get that view

Volvo S60 D5 Ownership Review : 10 years, 82000 km update!-lighthouse-stairway.jpg

Tough to find parking around the heritage areas of Pondy. This is outside the Old Post Office. We also used paid parking at the Old Harbour Port road next to the Beach road.

Volvo S60 D5 Ownership Review : 10 years, 82000 km update!-pondy-parking.jpg

Our resort was located right next to a water sport facility which we took advantage of on the evening prior to our departure

My son enjoying a jet ski ride

Volvo S60 D5 Ownership Review : 10 years, 82000 km update!-pondy-water-sports.jpg

Arm bands to get entry into the facility

Volvo S60 D5 Ownership Review : 10 years, 82000 km update!-pondy-arm-bands.jpg

So with that, I will end this portion of the long term review before it ends up being a travelogue.

With the higher profile tyres and sump protection plate, the Volvo has shown that it can handle all sorts of terrain that I throw at it, low ground clearance notwithstanding. She remains a dear travel companion to me and my family.

Last edited by psispace : 24th July 2023 at 21:36.
psispace is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks