Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2016, 16:15   #361
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km

It is for the rear bumper fixing and cladding fitting charges, Anurag. nothing like AMC but since I am their super loyal customer, multiple times they have attended to my requests without charging a penny. So I did not bother about this specific line item.
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2016, 09:38   #362
Team-BHP Support

re: Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km

Mod note: Thread moved to Long-Term Ownership Reviews.
Rudra Sen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2016, 09:37   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
It is for the rear bumper fixing and cladding fitting charges, Anurag.
I can't find my bill right now, but around May, my rear non drivers cladding was replaced. Anant cars charged me 940 odd. Little over 500 for the part and rest for consumables, labour etc. I had also asked them to investigate a few niggles. I wonder if they have palmed off the vehicle pick up and drop ( I thought it was free) and other labour charges under consumables. That still does not explain 500 for the part itself.

Will be taking for first service tomorrow, not sure if I should "confront" them on this price difference.

This is what was replaced and the bill:
Attached Thumbnails
Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-tmp_31673dsc_00720101930144790.jpeg  

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-tmp_31673dsc_0073010101833493351.jpeg  

Last edited by ajayclicks : 31st July 2016 at 09:55. Reason: found the bill
ajayclicks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2016, 19:24   #364
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
I can't find my bill right now, but around May, my rear non drivers cladding was replaced. Anant cars charged me 940 odd. Little over 500 for the part and rest for consumables, labour etc.
In my case the cladding, mud flap and bracket was damaged. Hence the items in the bills. After all of these fitted in place, it looks not more than just few scratches. Things are back to normal unless a keen eye notices it
Old 1st August 2016, 10:20   #365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post

This is what was replaced and the bill:
In your case the cladding on the wheel well is replaced which has costed you 500/-, whereas for Avinash it was just the small portion after the wheel well cladding which is around 140/-. So IMO the pricing is not a worry.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2016, 10:44   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
In your case the cladding on the wheel well is replaced which has costed you 500/-, whereas for Avinash it was just the small portion after the wheel well cladding which is around 140/-. So IMO the pricing is not a worry.
Ah. I thought it was one single unit. That makes sense.
Old 4th August 2016, 15:45   #367
Distinguished - BHPian

This morning I noticed the old issue surfacing again. The Right side rear quarter panel silver strip has become loose. Its still not completely off but I can see the 50% of that quarter panel strip is about to go hanging loose.

Not sure if the glue aged fast or car getting old memories of that strip coming loose in august, it seems like in a week or so I have to get this fixed!

There is a never a dull day in XUV Owner's life
abirnale is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2016, 17:12   #368
Distinguished - BHPian

This should have been posted earlier but nevertheless -

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-imageuploadedbyteambhp1470829277.970498.jpg

A milestone achieved in 13 months! A journey that is so much fun and many stories to tell!
abirnale is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th August 2016, 18:37   #369
BHPian

Stupendous, and myself 16000 in circa 14 months. On another note, I intend to sell this beast for a luxury premium vehicle and presently scouting the new cars market. Welcome your thoughts and suggestions too.
jacobvarughese is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2016, 09:34   #370
Distinguished - BHPian

Two years ago it was a team BHP meet lead by RS that made me have stronger ties with the community. It was the overnighter at Kannur drive-in beach. My erstwhile SX4 was the companion on my drive (apart from my daughter ) Yet no plans are made for upcoming long weekend, this trip is playing in my memory - why not make a quick dash to Kannur - Muzhappilangad beach for fun and take a detour to Bekal and back home? Just a Saturday/ Sunday (one night) plan should be good enough.

For now, an interior hotel booked and prayers are offered to home ministry to drive this Saturday down the memory lane with a new companion, orange cheetah! Weather and crowd permitting at beach, I am looking forward to a great outing and another fun filled story to tell.

Hoping for yet another best trip!
Old 15th August 2016, 20:58   #371
Distinguished - BHPian

And here are some pictures from the Kannur (Drive-in beach, St Angelo's Fort and Bekal Fort Trip - not in particular order) -

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-r4.jpg

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-r6.jpg

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-r8.jpg

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-k5.jpg

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-k6.jpg

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-k7.jpg

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-k10.jpg

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-k11.jpg

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-k14.jpg

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-k15.jpg

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-k16.jpg

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-k17.jpg

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-k19.jpg

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-k24.jpg

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-k28.jpg

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-b11.jpg

As usual, it was a great trip. The monsoon drives that I missed this season, the drive through Virajpet - Irritty and Bekal - Sullia made up for! There was one minor glitch though. Specifically on the Bangalore Mysore stretch at few places, the GPS did not show the right location. It kept on saying Weak Signal - not happened this before anywhere else. Not sure if its some signal blocking or infotainment system starting to show its tantrums!

Regardless it was yet another great trip. Cheetah goes for a thorough washing tomorrow to take off the salty water residue and shine as new again.
abirnale is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th August 2016, 09:50   #372
Distinguished - BHPian

When things literally break -

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-imageuploadedbyteambhp1471407471.838171.jpg

Don't remember hitting anything myself or touching hard objects. This must be from the highway drive. Some stone flying into the tiny eyes :( I am now checking for a glass that cover this. Or may be move these to my bike and think of new set from Hella that comes with stone guards and are rectangular in shape! They might look better other than of course illuminating roads on demand.

Any suggestions?
Old 25th August 2016, 15:55   #373
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This morning I noticed the old issue surfacing again. The Right side rear quarter panel silver strip has become loose. Its still not completely off but I can see the 50% of that quarter panel strip is about to go hanging loose.
Taking advantage of lesser work crowd, I took the car to Sireesh Auto Singasandra. The news is my RM/ SA is now service head! It means I can expect some priority service or hunt for another SA who will take care of the car? Don't know yet.

But as always car was taken up by my SA and work done on the car today is -
  • Restored stock headrests on front row seats
  • Fixed the rear right quarter panel chrome strip properly with additional glue and tape
  • The minor rattle on the door is fixed
While all of this is taken care, there is new issue that I faced recently isn't fixed. The navigation screen throws this message randomly - "Weak GPS Signal". Today they upgraded the maps software (the map core engine and not data) assuming that may be the problem. But issue did not get resolved. After more diagnostic they concluded that the GPS antenna is not functioning as desired and hence need replacement. The local Nippon guys are on holiday today and could not confirm the stock availability for the antenna. Which actually means I have again wait for few more days until this problem is fixed.

Obviously this is not a showstopper and hence preferred to drive out without this fix. The next time around I visit, I will get this antenna issue fixed as well as avail the anniversary spa coupon to treat cheetah with nice spa!

Cost of this visit - ZERO charge from Sireesh/ M&M and half a day's time of mine

Meanwhile busy September is on its way -
  • Sept 3 and 4: Visiting Homestay near Jog Falls
  • Sept 11: BLR-HYD Mega meet at Karnool
  • Sept 16-18 - Two nighter trip with TBHP buddies!
  • And a likely trip to home town towards end of September!
Ciao until next update!
Old 26th August 2016, 09:13   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Taking advantage of lesser work crowd, I took the car to Sireesh Auto Singasandra. The news is my RM/ SA is now service head! It means I can expect some priority service or hunt for another SA who will take care of the car? Don't know yet.

But as always car was taken up by my SA and work done on the car today is -
  • Restored stock headrests on front row seats
  • Fixed the rear right quarter panel chrome strip properly with additional glue and tape
  • The minor rattle on the door is fixed
While all of this is taken care, there is new issue that I faced recently isn't fixed. The navigation screen throws this message randomly - "Weak GPS Signal". Today they upgraded the maps software (the map core engine and not data) assuming that may be the problem. But issue did not get resolved. After more diagnostic they concluded that the GPS antenna is not functioning as desired and hence need replacement. The local Nippon guys are on holiday today and could not confirm the stock availability for the antenna. Which actually means I have again wait for few more days until this problem is fixed.

Obviously this is not a showstopper and hence preferred to drive out without this fix. The next time around I visit, I will get this antenna issue fixed as well as avail the anniversary spa coupon to treat cheetah with nice spa!

Cost of this visit - ZERO charge from Sireesh/ M&M and half a day's time of mine

Meanwhile busy September is on its way -
  • Sept 3 and 4: Visiting Homestay near Jog Falls
  • Sept 11: BLR-HYD Mega meet at Karnool
  • Sept 16-18 - Two nighter trip with TBHP buddies!
  • And a likely trip to home town towards end of September!
Ciao until next update!
wow avinash the last post with the pictures look like so much fun! Is there any way for us to update map software on our own or does it have to be through them, read @ workshop. What anniversary coupon are you referring to is it from the Purple club, have not received any correspondence from them since i purchased my cheetah.
Wow just look at your calendar. Its that time of the year for me to join back at sea and the cheetah and drives will be sorely missed
vinitbhavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2016, 10:14   #375
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Is there any way for us to update map software on our own or does it have to be through them, read @ workshop. What anniversary coupon are you referring to is it from the Purple club, have not received any correspondence from them since i purchased my cheetah.
Hey Vinit! The Map softwares are specific versions customised for vehicle manufacturer. I think MapMyIndia (MMI) has been provider for many manufacturer but everyone has some or the other customisations. Unless you get in touch with MMI (or whoever is vendor for XUV) and get the updates from them, it would be simple job. The way it works I have seen is, for every update the M&M service staff sends the Navigation Unit Serial Number and details to them and in around 30 minutes they get the license key for each update. So upon the update of maps software or data, they need to apply this key. This is done via a USB drive through infotainment unit's USB interface.

In the map, there are two important things - the map software itself (which I believe is done by someone in Croatia) and the map data (which I think is provided by MMI). In my case, the data was latest and core engine/ map software was not updated. They did that yesterday but still no luck. Then things went to deeper troubleshooting. Appears that the hardware (silver box, GPS antenna) provider Nippon needs to be contacted. My car GPS antenna does not seem to be catching the appropriate signals.

I had also observed that my Radio signals are not received with same strength as they were earlier. I remember almost upto Hiriyur on NH4 towards Belgaum from Bangalore I used to have clear Radio signals. Now days around Tumkur itself I loose it. May be I will have that checked too.

About the spa coupons, I had received emails from Purple club - offering regular coupons for monsoon wash. On 30K Kms service visit my SA said they do offer first anniversary gift to customer which is spa treatment. Its nothing fancy - just a good wash, wax and polish. Since i just recently did that myself I wasn't keen on doing that immediately. I wanted to wait for a month or two and then get it done. When you next time visit the service station, ask them specifically about anniversary spa offer. Not sure if that is M&M or dealer initiative but who cares as long as you get it
abirnale is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks