Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2016, 13:09   #256
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I'll keep the updates and upgrades noted down so I can follow up on my XUV 5OO when it comes by year end.
Thanks to all the reviews here, have decided to go ahead with W10 FWD as a replacement for my Swift ZDi.
I am looking hard to get a solution for the IRVM rather than Manual D/N IRVM.
Thanks Anurag Bhai.

I would strongly recommend AWD or Automatic version. I am sure you are following the automatic review thread too.

For the compensation of enormous torque steer, you would love the AWD! And it's just a lakh extra than normal version! When you spend so much, a lakh wouldn't hurt for sure. Please think about it.

So either Auto or AWD - extra money is justified. And both together would be even more fun. Automatic would be a big boon in the city traffic. If it had features of W10 (push button start/ keyless thingie) I would be trading in my XUV with it!

The auto dimming mirror with dash cam is my high priority requirement too
Old 18th January 2016, 13:18   #257
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
I would strongly recommend AWD or Automatic version. I am sure you are following the automatic review thread too.
Avinash bhai, I love the Manual transmission and prefer it over Auto any day. Moreover I already have an Automatic (Alto K10 AMT) at home so getting another one is not right.

Shall think about AWD though.

I just read the XUV 5OO AT review but not following it as I do for the MT ones especially yours, Fusionbang and Tanveer_2558's.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2016, 14:37   #258
BHPian

re: Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I'll keep the updates and upgrades noted down so I can follow up on my XUV 5OO when it comes by year end.
I rented out a XUV for 5 days last week. Boy, what a car! I am completely in love.

I am waiting for Tata Hexa, Honda BRV and Hyundai's MPV. I'll probably finalize one of these four by mid-year!
shifu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2016, 19:28   #259
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice pics there, avinash
Also, liked the pic in which you and your son is on top of XUV500

Quote:
On Friday morning we left Bangalore around 8am and navigating through messed up roads of Bangalore-Mysore stretch, reached Bandipur by noon.
I think I spotted you on Friday while crossing Mandya. Did you cross Mandya around 10:00 AM? I remember seeing the triangle sticker on the rear, I was actually looking for the "got bhp"? but by that time another car came in between. I was on the opp lane towards bangalore.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2016, 19:55   #260
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
I think I spotted you on Friday while crossing Mandya. Did you cross Mandya around 10:00 AM?
Hey Arun. Thanks buddy. Yes, you did. I was in Mandya around 10am heading towards Bandipur.

Be it SX4 or this XUV you have been always first one to spot me and post online. Sharp eyes you have

BTW, Iron4Hawk should be worried now
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2016, 23:38   #261
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Arun. Thanks buddy. Yes, you did. I was in Mandya around 10am heading towards Bandipur.

Be it SX4 or this XUV you have been always first one to spot me and post online. Sharp eyes you have

BTW, Iron4Hawk should be worried now
Whenever I see any Orange XUV, I look out for the "got bhp?" .So, finally spotted you and that too in ORVM . Now its time for you to spot me
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2016, 14:55   #262
Distinguished - BHPian

So today being Friday, taking advantage of slow pace at work, I took the car to check on niggles at Sireesh Singasandra.

The clutch play seems to be normal and spring-like noise is nothing to be alarmed off. It can go away by applying some lube. But that needs to open the clutch assembly. I was told to leave the car for 2-3 hours to finish that thing. But since I need the car for weekend and can't afford to stay off work for half a day almost, I chose to return without any work on that part. The SA advised that this is not an issue and can be dealt with during 20K Kms service which may happen in another month or so.

The rear hatch rattle could not be reproduced in the normal test drive today. I tried explaining the issue but seems like it is not the hatch door rattle. The XUV seems to have two diesel tanks connected and when the fuel level are around 1/4th or so, the noise comes from the fuel movement, amplified due to tank being empty. Not sure how true it is, but the fact being problem cannot be reproduced, nothing can be done as of now!

Glad to know there is nothing to worry about as such.

Another important update is - tomorrow me and Sunay (@fusionbang) will be taking our XUVs to a place where HIDs upgrades are happening

Stay tuned for more more updates to follow tomorrow.

Last edited by abirnale : 22nd January 2016 at 14:56.
Old 22nd January 2016, 23:56   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Another important update is - tomorrow me and Sunay (@fusionbang) will be taking our XUVs to a place where HIDs upgrades are happening
Thats sweet! Do post some pictures, From different angles, Specially from the driver's seat, And also some details on the HID would be appreciated, All the best for the install.
Old 25th January 2016, 14:34   #264
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks Sunay, Anurag for the answers to @swiftnfurious.

Breaking he continuity of this headlight thing, here are few pictures from the recent Galibore overnighter trip with TBHPians.

The Cars when lined up somewhere midway -
Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-carlineup.jpg
Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-carlineup2.jpg

In the otherwise silent Cauvery, we had fun coracle rides -
Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-cauvery1.jpg
Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-coracle.jpg
Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-cauvery2.jpg
Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-cauvery3.jpg

The sunset upon return from coracle ride was too good -
Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-sunset.jpg
Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-sunset2.jpg

Being a full moon night, the moonlight was even better with a setting of hills, forest, river and sand with a campfire! We sat talking cars, wildlife upto 1am

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-moon.jpg
Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-campfire.jpg

To reach to the camp place, we had earlier in the day went through super broken roads, small tiny water streams and some super mild off-roading by Bangalore road standards! When all the low slung sedans were driving carefully, only Cheetah felt it like home turf! Never felt need for any 4X4, so this is not at all a tough road by any means you must note. On the return, I clicked these pictures midway before exiting jungle.

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-xuv4.jpg
Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-xuv3.jpg

As always, XUV in this turf and angle looks menacing!

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-xuv1.jpg

Sunay is visiting the HID thing today so will wait for him to see the issue resolution. Once done, I will follow the suit tomorrow.

Until then Ciao!
abirnale is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th January 2016, 17:17   #265
BHPian

Avi, you should post these pictures in the Galibore thread

Cheers
tilt is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2016, 17:42   #266
Distinguished - BHPian

I already posted few pictures there. I did not click much though. There are a lots of nice pictures Prem and other folks have clicked. For sure, I will add more from my phone if anything I find not covered in better resolution pictures.
Old 27th January 2016, 15:23   #267
Distinguished - BHPian

The VKool sunfilm of 888 series, 75% visibility and 70% heat reduction is applied today. The car s told to be kept in sun for a day and not to roll down the windows for next 24 hours. The setup comes with warranty of 5 years. Cost - Rs 9350/-, setup at door step. All doors, third quarter panel, rear hatch door glass included. Did not apply anything on the front windshield yet but if i do, it will be different series, ultra transparent thing.

Here is snap of how it looks -

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-sunfilm.jpg

And forgot to mention that the XtremeVision bulbs used on the high beam are not the ones I had bought earlier in India but the ones that were bought from Amazon in USA for me to use in India. Here are the snaps of the bulbs -

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-philipsxtremevision.jpg

The light throw and details will be updated soon.
abirnale is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th January 2016, 17:51   #268
Distinguished - BHPian

Dashboard Camera hardwiring

Thanks to our forum DIY gurus, they had lit this idea of setting up dedicated 12V Socket for dashcam, especially @ParagSachania. I had ordered the Fusetap cable from Aliexpress and that being critical piece, everything else was procured from the Sireesh Technician.

I must mention that the Sireesh technician was so helpful and patient with my constant nagging question through out the installation and ideas.

So, here is the simple step by step process -
  • Procure FuseTap cable. It comes with various fuses as well so that you can choose which fuse to tap and use things accordingly
  • Procure wire, heat sink tubes, and plastic ties. But if you are going to Sireesh Hosur Road - Dealer shop and give my name, they will direct you to next door service station where they will help you do this semi-DIY! Except FuseTap cable, all inclusive cost Rs. 500.
  • To be able to do the setup neat and clean, you have to remove - XUV sill plate, the corner panel, and panel below the steering column (in order specified here). Note some of the panels have screws in addition to the plastic hooks - below steering, side panel, A pillar.
  • You also need to remove the A pillar cover under which the cable shall hide/ run.
If you follow the above steps rest is easy. Just make sure that you leave enough wires for play, use insulation tape at your will, do not leave anything hanging/ touching panels. While routing the cable through the roof after A pillar corner, do not pull down the roof line too low making it loose!

Using the 12V socket will give you an option to use different cables in future - all you need is remove the A pillar cover (or without it it will be hanging out) and route the new cable. The current cable is mini USB type. Most dash cams are same but I am sure in future there will be many with micro USB type as well.

Refer to the pictures below about various choices made - fuse to tap, place to to tie the socket, bolt to connect ground and cable outlet near IRVM.

A Pillar Screw position -
Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-1-apillarscrew.jpg

A Pillar opened - careful, there is curtain bag as well. Don't fiddle with it.
Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-2-apillaropen.jpg

Dashboard side panel opened -
Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-3-sidepanelopen.jpg

Side panel connected with sill plate open
Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-4-sidepanelopen2.jpg

Panel below steering column is open
Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-5-panelbelowsteeringfullopen.jpg

I chose to tap this fuse -
Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-6-fuseboxselectedfuse.jpg

While the side panel was out, we figured out this bolt to ground our socket -
Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-7-groundedhere.jpg

See this fitting at the end - tied with a mettle thing below bonnet opening latch -
Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-8-postfittingtiedtight.jpg
Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-9-postfitting.jpg

Wire routed below roof -
Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-10-wirebelowroof.jpg

And finally the dash cam connected - extra wire circled around IRVM.
Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-11-dashcam.jpg

After things are done, make sure that you clean the panels (this is your chance to clean it better than when they are fitted) and refit back without bending/ breaking anything. Or else you are inviting the niggles And i assume one will test the setup before putting the panels and rubber beading on the door back!

And now enjoy your hard wired dashcam or be proud of this semiDIY (because you helped technician make choices, guided for right fuse-tap and so on)!

By the way, i also procured a pair of low beam rubber dust caps for stock. Just in case if i decide to revert back the HID setup, I can use these rubber caps and discard the current ones as they have a cut on them -

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-rubbercap.jpg

NOTE - checking preview, it seems like some images are tilted. if it does not make sense, turn your head or computer screen and check *Rofl*
abirnale is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th January 2016, 18:05   #269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dashboard Camera hardwiring
Looks neat Avinash Can you post a picture how it looks after all the panels are back in place?

Since I am also planning to do the same, can you please route me to that technician so that I can get it done at the earliest? Also it would be great if you can post the link to procure the required items.

Last edited by fusionbang : 27th January 2016 at 18:06.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2016, 18:13   #270
Distinguished - BHPian

Sunay, just directly talk to the accessories section at Sireesh Hosur road showroom. A person named "Pasha" would be there as accessories Sales Executive. Tell him about my car dash cam hardwiring. They have a technician who can do this/ did this on my car. A quick note about my car should do the trick. And if you are buying some other stuff (like i did Sunfilm) they will roll behind you

The fusetap cable options here - You can buy this socket as well, but then the incentive for technician to fit will be almost nil and he may deny fitting. I suggest you to get rest of the stuff from them. Rs 500 is worth spending on this neat setup.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks