Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2016, 09:13   #331
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Where does the PDI and registration, after my approval in all this come in. Can I make the payment on Thursday then do the PDI on Friday / Saturday and give my approval for registration.
Congrats Vinit! Finally you are getting your XUV in couple of weeks.

Ideally you should do the PDI first and only then handover money. If it's coming from bank, the delays are added for check processing etc. But otherwise a RTGS should do. The reason I say so is if you find something wrong in the car, you should be able to deny the delivery - but if money paid, the dealer generally tries to push you with all kind of excuses. So just be careful and firm. I am out of country and cannot help much to you for the delivery - otherwise I could have been on phone for you to answer questions if any during delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muke31 View Post
absolutely no complaints except the headlight and its not that effective.
Thank you and congrats @Muke31! For the headlights, consider HIDs or aux lamps. they really help! But if there are not many night drives, you may not need more light anyway.
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 10:04   #332
BHPian

re: Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Congrats Vinit! Finally you are getting your XUV in couple of weeks.

Ideally you should do the PDI first and only then handover money. If it's coming from bank, the delays are added for check processing etc. But otherwise a RTGS should do. The reason I say so is if you find something wrong in the car, you should be able to deny the delivery - but if money paid, the dealer generally tries to push you with all kind of excuses. So just be careful and firm. I am out of country and cannot help much to you for the delivery - otherwise I could have been on phone for you to answer questions if any during delivery.
Hey avinash thanks for the wishes. I have chosen a silver cheetah as home ministry and myself agree on that color. Also my earlier SX4 was the same color so nostalgic value as well.Also the xuv was ready at the stockyard.
Due to work commitments I can't go to the stockyard before weekend and for delivery by 9th may I need to make down payment by tomorrow for loan process / registration.
I will be giving down payment on Thursday and ask him to hold on to register the cheetah till I complete the PDI. That's the best way I can think of.
Really wishing you were in India and would have loved the guidance
Have a safe trip and hope for the two cheetahs to meet soon.
Keep revving!
vinitbhavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 19:52   #333
Distinguished - BHPian

So I am being tossed between hell and heaven. Read that as work load keep piling and I try to squeeze every little time that I can.

Last week, returning after my business travel abroad, it was time to go back to home and get family back in Bangalore. An early morning departure (1.30am) from Bangalore made sure that I have made perfect use of jet lag and beaten all traffic!

As usual, while in Goa, we took two days to visit some favourite and some off beat places. Beaches and restaurants are usual things. This time we could go to Tambadi Surla temple - situated in eastern part of Goa adjacent to Molem. The pace is maintained so well - you would be pleasantly surprised. The greenery - especially in this heat is so much eye sooting, you will forget this is May! The pictures below will help you understand what I mean.

We also visited a place on Tilari river bed, somewhere on the border on northern side. The river was in flowing with crystal clear water, absolutely no-one around and water just knee deep. The water current was strong though. Kids had fun soaking in the water on the banks. The place is so serene and good, I wish I would camp out there some night next year.

I will let the pictures do talking. (Picture of three places in not so particular order - Tambdi Surla temple, Crowded beach in Goa and this river place!)

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-1.jpg

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-2.jpg

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-3.jpg

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-4.jpg

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-5.jpg

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-7.jpg

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-8.jpg

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-9.jpg

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-10.jpg

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-11.jpg

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-12.jpg

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-13.jpg

As usual, Orange Cheetah did best what does always. Absolutely niggle-free ride all through out. Be it rain or scorching heat. The PAX likes the ride. While returning from Goa, the boot was loaded with all kind of luggage including those hand carved heavy tree pots. And Cheetah did not complain even once. I missed a speed breaker and went over it in at relatively high speeds but, it took that well too. Checked underbody and all is well.

Just a three days trip but it was most fun. The places we visited made it best of all. I bet, we always have stories to tell! XUV just makes them more interesting. See where it could go - on the banks of river, narrow unpaved roads, roads with marbles and soil, the single lane stretches of Alnavar-Khanapur-Jamboti or super sedate NH4 between Hubli-Bangalore. It takes everything you throw at it and never backs you down.

I am loving it
abirnale is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 20:05   #334
BHPian

Quote:

As usual, Orange Cheetah did best what does always. Absolutely niggle-free ride all through out. Be it rain or scorching heat. The PAX likes the ride. While returning from Goa, the boot was loaded with all kind of luggage including those hand carved heavy tree pots. And Cheetah did not complain even once. I missed a speed breaker and went over it in at relatively high speeds but, it took that well too. Checked underbody and all is well.

Just a three days trip but it was most fun. The places we visited made it best of all. I bet, we always have stories to tell! XUV just makes them more interesting. See where it could go - on the banks of river, narrow unpaved roads, roads with marbles and soil, the single lane stretches of Alnavar-Khanapur-Jamboti or super sedate NH4 between Hubli-Bangalore. It takes everything you throw at it and never backs you down.

I am loving it
Beautiful pictures as always Abirnale. Couldn't agree more with your assessment of the Cheetah. I will also add rain soaked misty ghat roads to your list. Last week we took our vehicle to Coonoor. Cheetah climbed the mist filled ghats with aplomb and we made best use of the rain and enjoyed in the hills.
vaspro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2016, 14:12   #335
Distinguished - BHPian

Its just four more weeks remaining to complete a year! And like many others, I too have started getting calls for insurance renewal

When I sold my old car (SX4) I had taken all possible document copies with me which helped in securing a 45% NCB letter. of course all formalities of vehicle transfer, RC update, Insurance update etc was carried properly. The NCB letter is valid to be used on any new car I buy and apply to it's insurance for upto three years. Last year when I bought XUV, it was not ready. So this year, I made use of it. After negotiating prices across various insurance providers, I finally settled on Future Generalli to give me bumper to bumper 100% coverage policy and adjust premium considering 45% NCB.

The final premium amount I paid is - Rs. 24782.00!
The IDV was recorded as Rs. 14 lakhs, in addition to the accessories as Rs. 50,000.
Current odometer reading as on date is 25150 Kms.

Before I made payment, I made sure that I have contacts of the people at my usual garages who can facilitate cashless claims if at all. In Last 6 years, I do not have a single claim but you never know, hence the caution!

The next on mind is to do a pollution control test a week before anniversary. And then think about what birthday gift I should get for the cheetah. Any suggestions?
Old 1st June 2016, 12:47   #336
Distinguished - BHPian

I got a couple of hours breather from work yesterday and hence decided to visit the service station primarily to address few concerns -
  • The Windshield washer fluid was stinking very badly.
  • I noticed that AC is not as effective as it used to be before - may be its just me, but wanted to ensure this is checked
  • And there was a slight rattle somewhere on the centre console
  • Upgrade the infotainment firmware
Things worked out very well. My usual SA/RM was not personally available but made sure that the right folks attend me and do the needful. I had the GM receive the car and process all things without charging/ billing!

Long ago I had poured RainX liquid in the washer tank and never used much of the fluid to wash windscreen, thanks to Shell service. That had caused the washer fluid/ water to stink. It was awful. So we emptied the washer tank, cleaned it and filled up again. The smell has drastically reduced but seems like I should use the fluid for one more time to empty so that the smell will completely go away.

The AC was just my feeling. They said nothing wrong with it. Bought into their argument for now.

The technician removed the console around gear lever and fitted back with some additional cushion on the pinnings to stay fit. he just used the double sided tape with only one side adhesive so that it can be still dismantled or put back. Seems like that has done the trick. No rattles I hear now, except those deteriorating tyre noise from Apollo Apterras :(

The infotainment software was upgraded too. There are some cool new animations, better performance. Its fast and responsive. My phone connections were lost but luckily all map POIs were intact as maps were not upgraded anyway. My iPhone BlueSense app for new age vehicle connects seamless. While the Tyretronics on unit don't show exact pressure, the app has all the details!

Here are few screen shots of the new interface - its pleasant/heartening to see your own car, with exact same colour show up on the screen for info! Don't get excited - this is just the colour they picked up to show car and not synchronised with your car colour

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-fullsizerender-2.jpg

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-fullsizerender-3.jpg

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-fullsizerender-4.jpg

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-fullsizerender.jpg

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-fullsizerender-5.jpg

Here is the current odometer reading -

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-currentodo.jpg

Ciao until next update.
abirnale is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th June 2016, 11:05   #337
Distinguished - BHPian

Orange Cheetah - 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD! 20K kms update

Took an impromptu drive to home on Thursday and Friday return. Driving in the rain, pitch dark night and evening peak hour traffic in Bengaluru - everything was gobbled with smile on face, Cheetah did fare well as always.

This time on my way back, I took couple of snaps near the Suvarna Soudha too!

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-imageuploadedbyteambhp1465104245.068153.jpg
Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-imageuploadedbyteambhp1465104367.359913.jpg

Monsoons are almost here and evenings in Bengaluru are flooded to say least. The NH4 approach to city in rain is altogether different ball game!

When you see the sights like these in your ORVM, either you should drop a gear and disappear or just dance in the rain!

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-imageuploadedbyteambhp1465104482.341249.jpg
Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-imageuploadedbyteambhp1465104497.593423.jpg

Saturday was time spent visiting the nearby favourite - Shivansamudra falls. The water is not much there yet but less crowd made it good to have quality family time spent well.

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-imageuploadedbyteambhp1465104572.193902.jpg

Having more time at hand, decided to visit Talakkadu as well. Some pictures from the rainy evening drive back home and Cauvery - Coracle ride!

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-imageuploadedbyteambhp1465104642.128709.jpg
Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-imageuploadedbyteambhp1465104661.949160.jpg
Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-imageuploadedbyteambhp1465104684.402441.jpg
Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-imageuploadedbyteambhp1465104712.397313.jpg

After all the drive in last three days, dirt and muck is spread on all over cheetah's body! This is the part I like too! Sweat I've body is like an indication that we have been to Gym, natural one!

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-imageuploadedbyteambhp1465104735.324835.jpg

And now at a service station to get that dirt off!

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-imageuploadedbyteambhp1465104860.125604.jpg

The odometer stands at 27150 as on date and cheetah will get well deserved rest for next two weeks while I slog at work outside India.

Ciao until next update!

Last edited by abirnale : 5th June 2016 at 11:08.
Old 7th June 2016, 11:38   #338
Distinguished - BHPian

Looking forward to Sunday June 26, 2016 - a year of accomplishment and happiness! Just a few weeks away from the cheetah's anniversary for being in my stable, my head is spinning into what should be an appropriate thing to do?

The XUV never gave any serious troubles or scares. So in return it deserves to be appreciated! I am thinking to get something for it. And my thoughts are swinging from getting a full fledged tein system to simple yet - complete exterior and interior treatment to make it look new, shine as new.

The wish-list for now comprises -
- Apply gloss black film on roof (saves a lot of energy while cleaning myself and protects from tree sapling stains!)
- Headlights and Front windshield rejuvenation / treatment (those minor scratches from highway drives needs to be taken care)
- Apply PPF on the mirrors, headlights (to avoid further scratches)
- Interior Cleaning/ Shampooing completely
- Driver side noodle mat to be replaced (the one I did myself is deteriorated badly)
- HID bulbs to be fit

Anything else you can think of in the budget range or <10K INR? Suggest please.

The odometer reading by end of this month should be in the range of 27500K for sure!
Old 7th June 2016, 13:19   #339
BANNED

Quote:
And my thoughts are swinging from getting a full fledged tein system to simple yet - complete exterior and interior treatment to make it look new, shine as new.

- Apply gloss black film on roof (saves a lot of energy while cleaning myself and protects from tree sapling stains!)
Congratulations in advance buddy.

Are you unhappy or the feeling of un-happiness is setting-in regarding the current suspension setup of the XUV? How did you get the thought of changing the suspension setup to Tein? Here's the link to Tein's website specific for XUV - http://www.redroosterperformance.com...ahindraxuv_500

IMO, I'll suggest you to get the Gloss film wrap and take the car to 3M and gets it attended.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 13:26   #340
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
How did you get the thought of changing the suspension setup to Tein?
Thanks Anurag. Its not about being happy or unhappy but more to do with logical upgrades. As a SUV you will always have to take those corners at lower speeds or when it jumps over the undulated roads, the Teins can help avoid that "loosing control" feeling.

And just springs won't do any good compared to the price you pay. Look at SuperXUV setup. The Teins there are customised to the need of rally. Last I found out from them, for a hefty 100K-150K range, the regular Joe's XUV can match the handling and suspension of biggies! For the range of things that are coming to my mind, this is on the higher side! I am just making list. And at some time I will get to it
Old 7th June 2016, 13:28   #341
BANNED

Quote:
For the range of things that are coming to my mind, this is on the higher side! I am just making list. And at some time I will get to it.
So detailing seems to be a better option now IMO.

Are you still thinking about HID's after all the fiasco?
Old 7th June 2016, 14:40   #342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looking forward to Sunday June 26, 2016 - a year of accomplishment and happiness! Just a few weeks away from the cheetah's anniversary for being in my stable, my head is spinning into what should be an appropriate thing to do?

The XUV never gave any serious troubles or scares. So in return it deserves to be appreciated! I am thinking to get something for it. And my thoughts are swinging from getting a full fledged tein system to simple yet - complete exterior and interior treatment to make it look new, shine as new.

- Headlights and Front windshield rejuvenation / treatment (those minor scratches from highway drives needs to be taken care)
- Apply PPF on the mirrors, headlights (to avoid further scratches)
- Interior Cleaning/ Shampooing completely
- Driver side noodle mat to be replaced (the one I did myself is deteriorated badly)
- HID bulbs to be fit

Anything else you can think of in the budget range or <10K INR? Suggest please.

The odometer reading by end of this month should be in the range of 27500K for sure!
Avoid HID's as there have been reports by other members facing issues with shadows. Instead try LED bars, they are more bright and there throw is excellent too. Just my 2 cents.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 14:56   #343
BHPian

Quote:
One of the dislikes I had about new age XUV is - lack of front number plate housing from old gen. Thanks to J.Ravi and DevilWearsPrada (www.canvassing.in), I bought the frames and plain plates as well. With a little effort to seal the frames with fevi-quick drop so no-one can tamper/ break open, sticking the frames properly with double sided tape beneath in addition of screws, in 30 minutes of time the DIY was over!

Here is how it looked after fitting the frames -

Rear plate -
Attachment 1442866

Front Plate - From a distance as well as closer -
Attachment 1442867
Attachment 1442868

Thanks Ravi saar for all the tips and showing the simple add-ons to make Cheetah impress more
Hey..that looks cool. can you help me with the details on where you got those number plates done and the place to procure those frames. Coincidentally mine is the same Sunset orange color and a bit of accent in black does look good.
Travelator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 16:50   #344
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Avoid HID's as there have been reports by other members facing issues with shadows. Instead try LED bars, they are more bright and there throw is excellent too. Just my 2 cents.
Thanks, Yes. That thread was started by me @fusionbang continued with the HID setup and he is happy. So much that he is not thinking to reverting back to stock. The shadows are something you can not do anything with them but over period of time, get used to it. I anyway have the LED spot bulbs as aux lights. Check the thread few pages earlier. With those lights the throw and light is good enough for three digit speeds at night too. Bar would be an overkill actually. But yes, worth trying.

Since I have the HID kit sitting at home, I just thought of putting it back - it is any day better than stock, bar shadows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelator View Post
Hey..that looks cool. can you help me with the details on where you got those number plates done and the place to procure those frames. Coincidentally mine is the same Sunset orange color and a bit of accent in black does look good.
Thanks. That was purchased from online and since the shop closed, this source can be considered as invalid now. You can try searching on the eBay though. The german plates/ plate holders should be good. They generally come with too many options of screw placeholders. So as long as the plate can be housed in the frame, the frame can be fitted on the bumper easily.
Old 7th June 2016, 17:14   #345
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelator View Post
Hey..that looks cool. can you help me with the details on where you got those number plates done and the place to procure those frames.
Hey, check Amazon.in. They have these number plate holder aka frames in all sorts of color options.

I bought one set of frames in black for 499 from them in anticipation of my car.

Quote:
You can try searching on the eBay though.
Amazon.in is better IMO.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks