Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2015, 20:47   #16
BHPian

Re: My 2015 Hyundai Elantra 1.8L SX Automatic (Polar White)

Here is mine in RED, petrol automatic.
My 2015 Hyundai Elantra 1.8L SX Automatic (Polar White)-img_3997_edit.jpg

The closest alternative was Octavia, somehow I felt I want a young man's car so finally decided on Elantra.

Congratulation petrolveins! Love the car.

Btw are those mats from Hyundai or showroom guys? My stock mat is rubber material and there are no special groves for floor paddle. Also no white Elantra print.
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolveins View Post
The door front door badging and "boot opener" and "Fuel lid" opener:
Attachment 1393285
siddharth_menon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2015, 20:54   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharth_menon View Post
Btw are those mats from Hyundai or showroom guys? My stock mat is rubber material and there are no special groves for floor paddle. Also no white Elantra print.
Thanks Sid. Red looks smashing on Elantra. Family voted for white in my case.

The showroom guys gave me the mats as complimentary. They solve the purpose, so not changing them and also liked that 'Elantra' imprint.
Old 27th July 2015, 18:47   #18
BHPian

The cleaning accessories have arrived and below are the pictures of them.

I have used the Jopasu duster over the weekend and found it very convenient for dusting and whatever is written by the forum members on its utility is very true. Just brush it like a feather over the entire car and the superficial dust disappears.

I intend to dust it quickly whenever I take the car out. Also, before washing with ArmorAll washing liquid, I would like to dust it once and then proceed with the washing procedure.

I have received the Polco Tyvek Segment D car cover as well. It is very light and very very easy to put on. However, the car cover is coming off whenever there is a heavy breeze! I have latched the cover at the middle with the 'clip' provided. Not sure if this is because the cover is a size big or because the cover is very light! The cover on our Sunny which is parked just ahead of Elantra does not come off! As per the guidelines, Segment C+ is for Fluidic Verna, so I have order the next size.

Let the picture do that talking now -

Jopasu Duster:
My 2015 Hyundai Elantra 1.8L SX Automatic (Polar White)-img_6893.jpg

Car Cover:
My 2015 Hyundai Elantra 1.8L SX Automatic (Polar White)-img_6892.jpg

Washing liquid (ArmorAll) and micro fiber cloth:
My 2015 Hyundai Elantra 1.8L SX Automatic (Polar White)-img_6894.jpg
petrolveins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2015, 15:53   #19
BHPian

Took the car out for a night drive which included a planned movie show of Bahubali at Prasad's IMAX at 11 pm yesterday.

1. The headlights throw were good enough - particularly the low beam. However, the high beam is not up to mark.
2. The hill ascent control is a boon in stop and go traffic on an uphill. There was a traffic jam on the flyover leading to Prasad's at around 10 pm and I did not sweat it out with "hand brake-clutch-accelerator" drill.

The parking lights looks smashing at night time.

A night shot of headlights:
My 2015 Hyundai Elantra 1.8L SX Automatic (Polar White)-img_6899.jpg

Last edited by petrolveins : 30th July 2015 at 16:01.
petrolveins is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2015, 22:46   #20
BHPian

It's about 3 weeks of my car ownership with 400 KMs on the ODO meter and there are no niggles at all to report. No rattles, no electronic gizmo errors etc.

1. I'm getting a fuel economy of around 8 KMs per liter with 100% city running and 100% AC on. I 'hope' to see an improvement till 10-12 as I progress?
2. Got all documents in order to get my permanent registration. I will get it done the coming week on my own - no agents please, hopefully. Wish me luck!
3. The pick up from stand still is a bit lethargic and is a bit of inconvenience when I slow down in traffic and hit on accelerator - why is this please? but the pull off is excellent after the initial lag.

Last edited by petrolveins : 1st August 2015 at 22:47.
Old 3rd August 2015, 18:12   #21
BHPian

I was reading the Elantra manual of both Indian and U.S. versions. Here are the figures with respect to gross vehicle weight for AT versions:

Indian Elantra: 1740 Kgs.
U.S. Elantra: 1759 Kgs.

With respect to boot capacity, surprised to see huge difference between the two, the Indian version getting high boot space (luggage volume):

Indian Elantra: 480 liters.
U.S. ELANTRA: 420 liters.

Why is this so given that both have similar design, at least from the exterior.

Last edited by petrolveins : 3rd August 2015 at 18:16.
Old 6th August 2015, 14:20   #22
BHPian

PERMANENT REGISTRATION DONE:

For the sake of others, I'm describing the process end to end as applicable in Hyderabad RTO at Kondapur (RTA Rangareddy). I did it on my own with the information provided in this forum by others who have done this themselves.

The dealer will provide the below documents:

If you understand what each form is and read through it, the process will be a bit simpler. Also, take a photocopy/photo of all the documents as you will handover them to the RTO office.

1. Form 20 (1 copy if the purchase is outright cash and 2 copies if financed): This is the application for registration of a motor vehicle.
2. Form 21: SALE Certificate.
3. Form 22: Pollution compliance certificate and road worthiness provided by the vehicle manufacturer.
4. Life Tax Receipt
5. Temporary Registration Certificate
6. Invoice from the Dealer
7. Insurance Photo copy

The below are the documents you need to submit:

1. PAN Card Photo copy.
2. Aadhaar Card Photo Copy.
3. Voter ID Photo Copy (Just keep it handy).

Hardware requirements:

1. 2 or 3 pencils with blunt point (no sharp edges here!)
2. A pen
3. A file to keep things in place

Practice the chassis embossing on a plain paper at home, so you won't sweat at the time of registration. For Elantra it is below the front seat.

1. Total payment to be made towards registration 635 INR (if no late fee or any other fee).
2. Total payment to be made towards HSRP number plate: 619 INR for a 4 wheeler and 250 INR for a 2 wheeler. TIP: Better have exact change in hand, else the counter person might say, no change, please hold. At offices such as these every minute the queue only increases in line and you do not want to waste your time for want of change.

PROCESS:

1. Reach the RTO office 30 minutes early. I was there by 10 am and was the first in queue. There would also be less number of agents at this time, so you do not have to face a situation where there are 5 agents ahead of you with 20 numbers each to be registered. There is no point arguing about logic, common sense, better be a morning bird rather.
2. Arrange the papers as per the order listed at the office (typically as listed in the above documents order)
3. Keep the original PAN card, Aadhaar as the officer would ask you to provide the original for verification.
4. Go to counter C2 and stand in queue. The counter will be opened at 10:30 till 13:00 hrs.
5. Handover the documents to the officer (ensure you have signed at all the required places).
6. He will handover 2 receipts, one for registration (635 INR paid here) and another for HSRP.
7. Head over to HSRP counter located at the far left after crossing the vehicle inspection area and where 2 wheelers are parked.
8. There is usually a longer line here, and pay the required amount for HSRP (619 INR) in my case and he will stamp "PAID" with his initials on the second receipt - This is outsourced to LINK TECH Limited. Provide you phone number here as they will also sms the amount taken for HSRP and the receipt number.
9. Now, head back to the same C2 counter and show the paid receipt for HSRP and then he will ask you to sign on the digital pad (which will be displayed on the RC card) and will ask you to go to vehicle inspection officer.
10. Take your vehicle here for your Chassis verification and hand over the document set along with the receipt to the inspector, he will verify the chassis and will give back 1 set of receipts back to you. Here, I was asked to emboss the chassis number on form 20 (page 1 and page 3 - 2 time on each page - so a total of 4 pencil emboss of chassis number).
11. YOU are done, head home.

As per the information, HSRP will take 2 weeks and you will receive a phone call to come and get the plates fixed. You need to go to the same counter where you paid your HSRP fee. There are 2 counters here, 1 for paying fee while registration and another to collect the plates.

I got the number on the same day which was updated in the below website. Input the application number as provided on the first receipt. The card was also printed on the same day and was dispatched the next day. AWESOME!!!

https://aptransport.in/TGCFSTONLINE/...tussearch.aspx

I did not go for any special number, however got a good number, not fancy one though.

This is the process as on date, please do your own due diligence as applicable.
Old 7th August 2015, 07:26   #23
BHPian

8 km per litre? That's horrendous meilage and something people have been warning me about hyundai petrol. I have seen the same in our grand i10 santro but in the imported 1.8 is sad. Fingers crossed that it improves. Is this still in eco mode? If yes with your style of driving then it's all the more worrysome :(
Old 7th August 2015, 14:21   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
8 km per litre? That's horrendous meilage and something people have been warning me about hyundai petrol. I have seen the same in our grand i10 santro but in the imported 1.8 is sad. Fingers crossed that it improves. Is this still in eco mode? If yes with your style of driving then it's all the more worrysome :(
Uraj: Please note that Petroleins owns Hyundai Elantra Petrol AT and not manual. There are several Corolla petrol AT drivers whining about FE not more than 7-8kmpl. FE will increase to about 10kmpl if you switch to Manual Petrol. Having said that my Elantra Diesel AT is giving me around 10kpl which expands to about 15kpl when I hit the highway. Please dont buy Hyundai AT vehicles if FE is top on one's mind. The hassle free 'traffic driving', 'LT ownership' experience and a 'bold design language' is why I bought a Hyundai Elantra AT.
bhaskaracs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2016, 14:52   #25
BHPian

Hi petrolveins,

I am planning to buy a elantra petrol automatic. Can you please answer the following questions.

How is car doing ?

How much is the mileage ?

Any problems or niggles you faced ?

How is your overall experience with the car ?

Thanks in advance
Old 16th August 2016, 12:19   #26
BHPian

Congratulations petrolveins for the stellar car. I love the way Hyundai pays attention to details to the "tee". Man look at those 10 spoke alloys, they are fantastic to look at. They look and feel far more premium then the earlier 5 spoke ones. Also, the way DRL lits up in the night, the car looks definitely from one segment above when seen in the rear view mirror.

Elantra, is a sensible choice you have made, considering the higher ownership costs of the Germans on sale here. Traditionally, Hyundai Petrol's were always known to be fuel guzzlers as compared to Honda or Maruti engines. But then driven with extremely light foot, can yearn a better mileage. I have been driving the Grand i10 AT for last 3 months now, and even I get similar mileage numbers. The worst I have seen is 5 KMPL

But, considering the way, the left leg blesses me every-time, such things can be a let go

Congrats once again, keep revving, drive safe

PS- In-case you are interested in getting silicon key covers for the key, below is the link to source it from amazon.

http://www.amazon.in/Keyzone-Silicon...ilpage_o01_s00

Photos and details of the quality & fit and finish are in my thread below

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...es-home-3.html

Last edited by sawnilrules : 16th August 2016 at 12:23. Reason: Adding Key Protector Details
sawnilrules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2016, 11:47   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush46 View Post
Hi petrolveins,

I am planning to buy a elantra petrol automatic. Can you please answer the following questions.
How is car doing ?
How much is the mileage ?
Any problems or niggles you faced ?
How is your overall experience with the car ?
Thanks in advance

1) The car is fantastic, I have not faced a single problem so far. Open the door, sit inside the car and just go. Peace of mind.

2) 9-10 kmpl for the AT petrol with ECO mode off. With ECO turned on may be 12 kmpl? The response of the car to the accelerator is far better with ECO mode turned off, especially from stand still. I personally did not want to kill the fun after buying the car and then drive in ECO mode to save 2 kmpl.

3) No niggles. Let me rewind last 1 year, hmm, no niggles again. At the same time, I'm not a perfectionist and typically adjust with life and move on. I did not expect the Elantra to keep me rock steady while I cut the corners at 100 kmph. I would rather slow down before entering steep corners. No squeaky sounds etc. I believe the fit and finish is tight. Also, I have not travelled much through really bad roads to test this enough. My typical route is though Hi-Tech city, Gachibowli areas if you know Hyderabad.

4) I would rate it 9/10. The service centres were good. 1 year service cost me 2000 INR approximately. I thought it is reasonable for a 20 lakh car approx.

5) I would have preferred to have the below features though:
No average fuel consumption indicator in the MID. Not sure what technical challenges Hyundai had in putting this?
At this price, I would have liked a sunroof, not that it makes any major difference, but a feel good feature.
No inbuilt navigation?! Verna has it. Also, as far as I know Hyundai has not provided an option too to replace the current unit with the one which has navigation too. I do not prefer after market installations ever.
No auto wipers. The auto headlamps are a bit slow in turning on but I'm nitpicking here.
You may laugh at this, but I would have preferred if the car is a tad 'longer'! On another note, I'm absolutely in love with the design even after 1 year. I agree that the design is a bit on the flashier side and not classic like Jetta, nevertheless it's a personal preference. I have seen a Jetta passing by many times and each time I would think if I would have chosen Jetta over Elantra and the answer is in negative (only comparing design).
I would have preferred memory option for the driver's seat and also to have electrically adjusted co-passenger's seat. Also have auto light for vanity mirrors instead of switches.
How about having dynamic rear view camera guiding lines depending on the steering input? I think i20 has it.
6) This point may not be relevant but let me put this though. Car purchasing is not only about the best car in terms of single attribute like design or features or engine or reliability etc., it must be a holistic decision which also means the company must also have long term plans of staying in India and should be committed to supporting the product for 10 years at least. I think Hyundai would stay in India committed for next 10 years. I'm raising this point because, I was extremely disappointed with VW discontinuing Jetta in India. Extremely disappointed. This is what happens to a brilliant product if the company fails in putting in efforts in terms of marketing, service, commitment etc.

7) I think the new Elantra is around the corner, so the newer version would make an even better alternative with Hyundai brandishing about the high strength steel etc. Always safety comes first.
Old 17th August 2016, 23:50   #28
BHPian

Thank you for your inputs. Really appreciate it, increased my knowledge and confidence.

Quote:
I think the new Elantra is around the corner, so the newer version would make an even better alternative with Hyundai brandishing about the high strength steel etc. Always safety comes first.
I am getting a mouth watering deal in the current one so i am not able to resist.

Can you additionally comment on the city and highway performance of the car ?
Old 18th August 2016, 00:09   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush46 View Post

I am getting a mouth watering deal in the current one so i am not able to resist.
Hello Piyush,

Would you mind sharing the deal that you are getting on the current Elantra?
I wonder if they have a few left in stock at Bangalore before/ around the time the new Elantra is being launched.
Old 18th August 2016, 09:52   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickyP View Post
Hello Piyush,

Would you mind sharing the deal that you are getting on the current Elantra?

I wonder if they have a few left in stock at Bangalore before/ around the time the new Elantra is being launched.

I know of a person who got 3 lakhs off on the diesel in Bangalore about a month ago.

Not sure if the stocks are still available.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks