Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2016, 19:37   #31
BHPian

Re: My 2015 Hyundai Elantra 1.8L SX Automatic (Polar White)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
I know of a person who got 3 lakhs off on the diesel in Bangalore about a month ago.

Not sure if the stocks are still available.
Thanks a lot Arjun! 3 lakhs off is a pretty sweet deal especially if available for the base variant as well - which apparently is fairly loaded for the Elantra.
Old 18th August 2016, 21:38   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Would you mind sharing the deal that you are getting on the current Elantra?
Hello vickyp,

I am getting a similar kind of discount as mentioned by Mr. Arjun. I am getting the top sx variant though.
Old 25th July 2017, 14:15   #33
BHPian

Somehow, Elantra is one of the least discussed D segment sedans, maybe because it is also one of the least owned?

Nevertheless, My car went to third service and the bill came to 1800 INR. I will have to repeat what I wrote last year, the car is absolute joy to maintain.

I have just about completed 2 years and the only money I spent was during the scheduled service time and the total cost of which is about 4000 INR over 2 years, plus of course the fuel costs. The mileage is about 9 KMPL and 2015 face-lifted Elantra does not have an MID and is something I cannot understand why.

Renewed my insurance through HDFC for about 21.5K INR. If I were to start the new car process again, I would buy an Elantra again.

I would look at Toyota only if they match the features (safety and otherwise) and not expect me to pay for reliability factor which Hyundai anyway is giving me.

The service centre at Gachiblowli, Hyderabad is the closest to where I live and the experience has been seamless. No funny things. The service centre is now re-located just within the same lane but just beside the "Max Fashions" shopping mall.
petrolveins is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 18:51   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolveins View Post
I have just about completed 2 years and the only money I spent was during the scheduled service time and the total cost of which is about 4000 INR over 2 years, plus of course the fuel costs. The mileage is about 9 KMPL and 2015 face-lifted Elantra does not have an MID and is something I cannot understand why
Thanks for a concise review @petrolveins. I'm in the market for a used vehicle and was searched on team-bhp for ownership threads. Very few of those. I'm getting a good deal on a 2014 Hyundai Elantra SX (O ?) Petrol Automatic in Bengaluru. It has done 47xxx KMs. The only catch is that it's a third owner. I've to get more info from the dealer about why has it changed so many hands in a matter of 5 years.

That being said my question is how has the car fared over the last 2 years since your last update? Any things I should keep an eye on while taking a test drive or going through the service logs? This will be my first car, so pardon for me the stupid question - but what does the manual say about clutch replacement. How long before it is supposed to be replaced? I know that in manual it depends a lot on driving habits. But not so sure about automatics. I'm still doing my research.
Old 14th March 2023, 09:29   #35
BHPian

Bumping an old & very interesting thread. Petrolveins, is the Elantra still with you? How has she been faring after more than half a decade of ownership please?
Old 19th March 2023, 16:30   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
How has she been faring after more than half a decade of ownership please?
Firstly apologies to Pratik for not replying to his query.

Honestly, my running is very very less due to work from home. So my opinion should be considered in that light.

The car is reliable, no nonsense, sedate & works for normal usage & not a high performance race car type expectations. Absolutely no money used on repairs, malfunctions, electronics etc. My brothers Skoda Kodiaq has more problems in 3 years than what my Elantra had in 8 years.

One niggle, the car’s bluetooth connectivity with iphone is unreliable. The car doesn’t have mileage display. The leather seats catch fungus during winters if left unused for long, as is with any other car I think.

Looks wise, in my opinion this iteration of Elantra is the best & it makes me happy. But a Volkswagen’s clean lines design exudes more class than a curvy Elantra! But reliability issues if any will keep me away. I’m not sure how a VW is now as am not in the market from last few years.

So, I would be happy to consider an upgrade few years down the line to another Hyundai itself. Probably Ionic!?
petrolveins is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks