Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2016, 17:35   #31
BHPian

re: 2 years / 20,000 km with my Italian Stallion : The Fiat Punto Evo 90HP

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
You Punto certainly looks smashing. 16K in one year is a good usage. Any issues in the car after this usage?

By the way, do you still have the swift? (I remember driving your car in BBSR, on the infosys road, somewhere in 2011)

Now you should be able to guess who i am.
Gotcha Mr.

Its been long long time, since you drove my Swift.
Its still there, with just 40K clocked, planning to upgrade that, but not pretty sure.

PM me and share your details
Sudeep_Kimster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2016, 13:01   #32

My PUNTO 90 HP VIN ends with BGZ so manufactured Feb '16.

So latest PUNTO 90 HP vehicles come with upgraded entertainment system. Same as Punto Abarth. Which means no more blue&me.. So I got A2DP bluetooth music streaming as well
umeshx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2016, 14:41   #33
BHPian

Fiat Punto Evo Sport Vs Punto Evo 90bhp

I was looking to buy a hatch back and visited Fiat for a test drive.
I drove the Punto Evo Emotion 90hp. As we know the Punto Evo sport (90hp) is now discontinued.
I was thinking aloud why they did not take forward 16" rims and all-black interiors to the new 90hp versions, and the Fiat Sales guy said there are still couple of old (Feb 2016) Sport versions left in the stock, in case I care to have a look. The prices are almost the same, with some difference in features as below :

Punto Evo Emotion 90hp ( Punto Evo Sport 90hp)
15" rims ( 16"rims)
touch screen with MMI nav (No touch screen, no nav)
No spoiler (small spoiler)
Dual tone interiors (All black)

He said everything else is same. But I feel there is a difference in the ECU mapping slightly. The Sport is cheaper by a few thousands but since these are leftovers, there is no choice in colors.

Would appreciate any help in overcoming this dilemma. Thanks.

Last edited by SKavuri : 24th July 2016 at 14:44.
Old 30th July 2016, 06:44   #34
BHPian

Re: Fiat Punto Evo Sport Vs Punto Evo 90bhp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKavuri View Post
I was looking to buy a hatch back and visited Fiat for a test drive.
I drove the Punto Evo Emotion 90hp. As we know the Punto Evo sport (90hp) is now discontinued.

He said everything else is same. But I feel there is a difference in the ECU mapping slightly. The Sport is cheaper by a few thousands but since these are leftovers, there is no choice in colors.

Hello, i suggest please go ahead with the New Evo Emotion 90 hp
All cosmetics like Rear spoiler and Wheel/ Alloys can be upgraded at any point of time.

Secondly your vehicle depreciation will be right with current year vehicle, which should be expensive than the actual 90 hp versions which are old stocks.

The new Music system is also up to date with current league of hatchbacks.
Sudeep_Kimster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2016, 22:29   #35
BHPian

After a drive to Lavasa, accompanied by Friend's New Ford Figo :

The Headlamp design seems inspired by each other:
2 years / 20,000 km with my Italian Stallion : The Fiat Punto Evo 90HP-dsc_0142.jpg

2 years / 20,000 km with my Italian Stallion : The Fiat Punto Evo 90HP-dsc_0351.jpg

A very necessary underbody and full body-wash during the monsoon at an automated Car Wash near to my place:

2 years / 20,000 km with my Italian Stallion : The Fiat Punto Evo 90HP-img_20160618_100209.jpg

2 years / 20,000 km with my Italian Stallion : The Fiat Punto Evo 90HP-img_20160703_105823.jpg

A long weekend drive to Mulshi Dam and Tahmini Ghats. Awesome drive and even better landscapes:

2 years / 20,000 km with my Italian Stallion : The Fiat Punto Evo 90HP-dsc_0441.jpg

2 years / 20,000 km with my Italian Stallion : The Fiat Punto Evo 90HP-dsc_0445.jpg

2 years / 20,000 km with my Italian Stallion : The Fiat Punto Evo 90HP-dsc_0461.jpg

2 years / 20,000 km with my Italian Stallion : The Fiat Punto Evo 90HP-dsc_0479.jpg

2 years / 20,000 km with my Italian Stallion : The Fiat Punto Evo 90HP-dsc_0505.jpg

2 years / 20,000 km with my Italian Stallion : The Fiat Punto Evo 90HP-dsc_0522.jpg

2 years / 20,000 km with my Italian Stallion : The Fiat Punto Evo 90HP-dsc_0540.jpg

2 years / 20,000 km with my Italian Stallion : The Fiat Punto Evo 90HP-dsc_0600.jpg

And in the awe of the sights nature was throwing at us, I missed the magic number on the Odo at 20K, still got this as a consolation:

2 years / 20,000 km with my Italian Stallion : The Fiat Punto Evo 90HP-img_20160820_135326.jpg
Sudeep_Kimster is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th October 2016, 15:51   #36
BHPian

Re: 2 years / 20,000 km with my Italian Stallion : The Fiat Punto Evo 90HP

Hi sudeep, Nice write up with brilliant pictures. I want to know if the squeaks from the roof liner mentioned by you are still there. Did the SVC guys take care of that well? I am getting that in my '15 Punto evo 90hp from the front passenger roof area whenever the car goes through a bad patch on the road. Heard from few people its common in the 90hp alone (all black interiors) is it true?
Old 18th October 2016, 16:14   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by baddy View Post
Hi sudeep, Nice write up with brilliant pictures. I want to know if the squeaks from the roof liner mentioned by you are still there. Did the SVC guys take care of that well? I am getting that in my '15 Punto evo 90hp from the front passenger roof area whenever the car goes through a bad patch on the road. Heard from few people its common in the 90hp alone (all black interiors) is it true?
Hi, Thanks for the appreciation's of the pics.

The roof liner noise disappeared after Second Servicing. No special care was taken for it. It has not returned since then and I am happy (touch wood it doesn't return).

The tailgate rattle is still there and the only irritant for me. Fiat SVC unable to solve it.
Old 26th October 2016, 09:54   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudeep_Kimster View Post
The tailgate rattle is still there and the only irritant for me. Fiat SVC unable to solve it.
Hit the plastic trim on the tail gate with your hand and see if it's making rating noises. If so, please ask them to open it and dampen the edges with either double sided tape or rubberised damping material.

The finish of the trim was not a perfect fit in my car and this was obvious if you hit the trim with one hand.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 15:18   #39
BHPian

@sudeep: thanks for the info, I will make the SVC guys take a proper look at the roof liner this time. As for the tail gate rattle noise, my bad luck, its just started making the noise on my car after driving for 12,000kms. I am still to locate the noise to the tail gate, but have known that punto is notorious for this issue. I am also getting a metallic hitting noise whenever the rear left suspension goes into full rebound (fully extended), example I get into my apartment while turning sharp left onto a steep ramp. when the front wheels are half way on the ramp, the rear left wheel is extended and makes a loud CLICK noise. wonder if any of you have faced this.

@Crazy driver: Thanks for the tip. will try it out immediately.
Old 4th November 2016, 15:31   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Hit the plastic trim on the tail gate with your hand and see if it's making rating noises.
It isn't really the trim that's rattling. Its actually the gate itself.

The tailgate lock seems the culprit.
After Diwali on my way back from Mumbai to Pune, i saw the tail gate open info flash a couple of times on the MID. But went away automatically.

Need to get a thorough check done. A recent issue of Headlamp and Taillamp fogging has also come up. Nothing serious though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baddy View Post
I am also getting a metallic hitting noise whenever the rear left suspension goes into full rebound (fully extended), example I get into my apartment while turning sharp left onto a steep ramp. when the front wheels are half way on the ramp, the rear left wheel is extended and makes a loud CLICK noise. wonder if any of you have faced this.

@Crazy driver: Thanks for the tip. will try it out immediately.
Not really.

And my tailgate noise is metal hitting types also.

Last edited by aah78 : 4th November 2016 at 17:08. Reason: Posts merged. Please use QUOTE+/MULTI-QUOTE when responding to multiple posts. Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks