Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2015, 08:51   #16
BHPian

freedom,
Thr headlight controls lets one switch on/off the fog lamps. When the headlights are on , one has to pull the control one step to switch on the front fog lights. pull it one more step and the rear fog lamp switches on.

There is an indicator on the instrument cluster for the rear fog lamp as well.
ngauravmalhotra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2015, 09:49   #17
Team-BHP Support

re: Carbon Steel Grey VW Polo GT TSI comes home! EDIT: 10000 km up + OEM bi-xenon headlamps upgrade!

Congratulations Sir!

I must say, I'm a lil jealous that your car is equipped with the auto-fold ORVMs with integrated blinkers, not to mention cruise-control and the cooled glove box. would've loved to have these nifty features in my car.

Nice to see that you've swapped the Apollos for Continental MC5s. My experience with these tyres has been fantastic so far.

Get the armrest ASAP! It's an absolute must IMO.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2015, 10:07   #18
BHPian

re: Carbon Steel Grey VW Polo GT TSI comes home! EDIT: 10000 km up + OEM bi-xenon headlamps upgrade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngauravmalhotra View Post
freedom,
Thr headlight controls lets one switch on/off the fog lamps. When the headlights are on , one has to pull the control one step to switch on the front fog lights. pull it one more step and the rear fog lamp switches on.

There is an indicator on the instrument cluster for the rear fog lamp as well.
Perfect, that is intuitive. Thanks for conforming.
Old 14th October 2015, 10:36   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post

On October 2nd, Gandhi Jeyanthi, a Carbon Steel Grey Polo GT TSi joined the Jetta in the garage.
Congrats graaja on your latest acquisition and welcome to the GT Club!!

I always wonder as to what extent these automotive companies go to compete with each other. I remember quite distinctly that just about the time when Hyundai launched the Grey shade on their Elite I20, the VW released the GT in this shade.
Have no clue who spied the other first!!

Though the Grey Elite I20 looks smashing, there is something really unique and special about this shade on Polo.

Wish you a happy motoring and drive safe.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 14th October 2015 at 10:37.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2015, 14:36   #20
BHPian

Congratulations on your purchase ! Looks fantastic in that shade of grey

Could you please shed some light on the protective layer you have installed below the OEM floor mats, they look very competent in terms of keeping the original carpets clean ! Are they custom cut ?
Ash_vtec is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2015, 15:49   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
What a beautifully detailed thread graaja, congrats to you and your wife on your new acquisition. Polo TSi is a brilliant car and i loved the pep this small 1.2 engine provides when i test drove this car last year.

Do not worry about VW, their reputation is hurt and it would take a long time to bring the confidence back but it is not so small a brand to shut their shops due to this. You will have to get used to the feather light steering, that thing just does not weigh up properly even with 205 patch.

Hope your Jetta is doing good, had a long test drive of Jetta/Octavia when we were considering a car in this segment and Jetta diesel was awesome to drive, would have bought it if the service support in Delhi was good but things did not work out. It is going to be really tough to get used to Polo's dynamics after Jetta, they definitely are leagues apart

Have fun and drive safe.
Hi coolboy007, thank you for the wishes, kind words, and for the morale boost about VW

Yes. Jetta with it's heavier steering, multilink suspension and the 320Nm torque is definitely unbeatable. Polo will never give me that adrenalin rush. But the thing I like the most with the Polo is the refinement. The Jetta, though is a refined diesel, still has some diesel clatter inside the cabin, whereas Polo is totally silent in the cabin. Sometimes, it just fools me if the engine is on or off. This is totally relaxing in city drives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Congratulations Sir!

I must say, I'm a lil jealous that your car is equipped with the auto-fold ORVMs with integrated blinkers, not to mention cruise-control and the cooled glove box. would've loved to have these nifty features in my car.

Nice to see that you've swapped the Apollos for Continental MC5s. My experience with these tyres has been fantastic so far.

Get the armrest ASAP! It's an absolute must IMO.
Thanks a lot Suhaas. I should thank you for the tire choice. I was stuck with Yoko S Drives and not very happy with reviews that they could be noisy. You suggestion came at the right time to go for the Continental MC5s. And I think you could add most of these new features to your car as well, if you go "The Gannu Way"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Congrats graaja on your latest acquisition and welcome to the GT Club!!
Though the Grey Elite I20 looks smashing, there is something really unique and special about this shade on Polo.

Wish you a happy motoring and drive safe.
Hi Vik0728, thank you for the wishes. Actually, right from the beginning I was behind the Grey color as it would match Jetta's Grey as well. But my wife was against this as it was too dark and she felt it was almost black which she did not like. But as there were no other options (white would have taken 8 weeks), I ended up with Grey, which I am totally happy about. Now the color has grown on wife as well. She has started to like the looks as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_vtec View Post
Congratulations on your purchase ! Looks fantastic in that shade of grey

Could you please shed some light on the protective layer you have installed below the OEM floor mats, they look very competent in terms of keeping the original carpets clean ! Are they custom cut ?
Hi Ash_vtec, thank you for the wishes.

The protective layer is a custom cut PVC mat that covers the original grey carpet. They cut the mat matching the floor pattern and stitch and paste at joints. Here are a couple of photos of the protective mat in the driver's foot well. You can see the joints and seams where they have matched the profile of the floor. I paid 3K for this. Hope this helps.

Carbon Steel Grey VW Polo GT TSI comes home! EDIT: 10000 km up + OEM bi-xenon headlamps upgrade!-img_20151014_151355165.jpg

Carbon Steel Grey VW Polo GT TSI comes home! EDIT: 10000 km up + OEM bi-xenon headlamps upgrade!-img_20151014_151341609.jpg
graaja is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th October 2015, 15:57   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On October 2nd, Gandhi Jeyanthi, a Carbon Steel Grey Polo GT TSi joined the Jetta in the garage.
Congrats mate. And an awesome report too. Rated 5 stars .
ecenandu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2015, 16:15   #23

Congratulations graaja.

I read the entire report. very very detailed. I am waiting for my GT Tsi's delivery and hence was super excited to go through the various features. The way details are expressed with photo gives a very good idea to the readers.

Your enthusiasm has deleted all my suspicions and doubts regarding VW issues, and I am now double excited to get the car in my hands.
binish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2015, 16:40   #24
BHPian

Awesome ownership report! The car looks great and I feel that grey is the most suited color for Polo. The shade is just right and it goes along very well with the polo's matured minimalist design. All the very best with your new ride and wishing you many happy miles!!
praveen_v is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2015, 17:27   #25
BHPian

Re: Carbon Steel Grey Polo GT TSi Comes Home

Quote:
[b][u]Even in cities, we do speeds upto 60kph on 4 lane roads, and if there is gravel on the road, or if there is rain, ABS becomes necessary for emergency braking.[/list]
Lovely acquisition, and an equally passionate review.

Congratulations.

One observation though, based on my experience with ABS. IMO on gravel, its very hair raising and risky braking hard when on ABS. Please correct me if I am wrong.
deepfusion is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2015, 17:49   #26
BHPian

Congratulations graaja and a very well written review. The car looks fantastic in this shade and wishing you many more happy miles

Quote:
There are two dummy openings in the glove box. I guess these could be used to fix USB socket or MDI sockets that connect to the music system (not the stock music system)
Some where in our forum it was mentioned that this is given to add controls for disabling the passenger side airbag. I guess i read it in some Ford Ecosport/Fiesta thread. Our guru's can confirm this .
Old 14th October 2015, 18:16   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations on the TSI! For a car that drives like a bullet (the projectile, not the bike), you've picked an appropriate colour. It looks phenomenal.

Quote:
There are two dummy openings in the glove box. I guess these could be used to fix USB socket or MDI sockets that connect to the music system (not the stock music system).Attachment 1426207
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ411 View Post
Some where in our forum it was mentioned that this is given to add controls for disabling the passenger side airbag. I guess i read it in some Ford Ecosport/Fiesta thread. Our guru's can confirm this .
I think graaja's guess of USB/AUX sockets is correct, to be fair. The UK site for the Polo shows that the passenger airbag deactivation button comes on the center console, as shown below:
Carbon Steel Grey VW Polo GT TSI comes home! EDIT: 10000 km up + OEM bi-xenon headlamps upgrade!-480x390_pologp_composition_colour.jpg

Last edited by arunphilip : 14th October 2015 at 18:17.
arunphilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2015, 19:45   #28
Team-BHP Support

Hearty congrats and welcome to the GT club, from one Ganesh to another!

Looks like the DSG box has spoiled you. A fuel-efficient diesel sedan for the long drives and a high-revving petrol hatchback for the city and day-to-day commutes. Lovely combination! Have fun and drive safe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
I think graaja's guess of USB/AUX sockets is correct, to be fair. The UK site for the Polo shows that the passenger airbag deactivation button comes on the center console, as shown below:
Attachment 1427138
It used to be for the co-driver airbag deactivation switch and the TPMS' set switch. From the newer 6C models, the airbag deactivation switch has been relocated to the central dash.

Pics from different cars:

Carbon Steel Grey VW Polo GT TSI comes home! EDIT: 10000 km up + OEM bi-xenon headlamps upgrade!-polo11024x570.jpg

Carbon Steel Grey VW Polo GT TSI comes home! EDIT: 10000 km up + OEM bi-xenon headlamps upgrade!-step2.jpg

Source
Gannu_1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th October 2015, 20:15   #29
BHPian

Quote:
  • Auto light switch: Another Jetta habit, I keep forgetting to switch off the lights before getting out of the car. This results in parking lights staying on. One of these days, this is going to drain the battery overnight.
I hope you meant head-lights/side-lights/city-lights by parking lights?
It's not the same as an auto light switch, but there is an alarm if you open the driver door with key not inserted and any of the lights on. So safe to assume you wouldn't end up draining the battery at least.
I am not sure how it behaves for other doors, emergency lights etc.
sephiroth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2015, 20:31   #30
BHPian

Congrats graaja sir on your GT TSI baby. The all black seat covers look hawt. Sun Enterprises had done a great job.

Happy motoring
Asta_la_vista is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks