Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2016, 17:28   #16
BHPian

Re: Hyundai i10 to Honda Jazz - From Italics H to Normal H

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawnilrules View Post
Congrats on buying the Honda Jazz. As an owner of Honda products for over a decade, one thing is guaranteed with any Honda you buy. Reliability. I had India's first lot of Honda Unicorns, trust me even after 8 years, the bike used to start in first kick. I have been using the Honda City from last 4.5 years, closer to 60000 kms, I changed the stock tires and the stock battery at 57000 kms. With major services every 20,000 kms, that is at an interval of once in two years, the max service bill I have seen inclusive of labor charges is INR 9500/- and an overall combined average of 16 kmpl in an AT box. What more can you ask from a 1.5 ltr engine, which churns out 120 hp and mated to a 5 speed torque converter gearbox. Last year I picked up the CBR, I hardly drive it once in 15 days. But every-time I crank the engine, the smile that it brings on my face, is lovely. And she cranks without any drama.

Congratulations once again, and wish you safe miles.
Thanks a lot of your wishes.
Old 2nd September 2016, 18:14   #17
BHPian

Hi Vivek,

Congrats on your Jazz.

You can easily change the headlight bulbs. It will not affect your warranty.

Also I have fitted this AVN into my Brio VX AT, its a Alpine Unit. If you change your maps smart card to the latest edition you will get the latest maps.

I had Goodyear but i changed them to Michelin due to tyre noise and poor reliability including the spare and bought an extra alloy for the spare as well.

Get the Jazz Handrest it is quite useful and ergonomic.

The low end pick up is an issue with all Honda including my 6 year Honda City has it but over all Hondas are very reliable and easy to maintain.

Also get yourself a Jazz Cargo Tray as it protects the boot floor and is easy to keep the boot clean.

Safe Driving.
M00M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2016, 17:29   #18
BHPian

Dear all,

i have clocked 10000 kms on my Jazz. No major niggles till now. Only one point is that Honda has to improve their service quality. The service centers spoil the brand.

Will update with pics soon.
Old 1st May 2017, 14:56   #19
BHPian

Dear all,

I have clocked 15,000 kms in a year. I think its a little too much of a petrol car. overall i am pretty happy with the car. Just wanted to hear from Jazz owners in Bangalore. Can you please suggest me a good service centre in Bangalore. I am pissed off with Magnum Honda.
Old 2nd May 2017, 09:19   #20
BHPian

There is not much going on in a petrol honda, its pretty simple and reliable.

Unless you have other issues, you can just change oil/filter + air filter from outside. I go to my local mechanic shop, will not take more than 20 minutes. (avoid large 3rd party service centers, again they will charge you and create long invoice).

Most car parts shops have these basic parts. Oil is something i order online, though it is available offline also. I also have lubricant spray that i apply on chassis parts, but if you are not technically inclined you can just give your car to Honda.

I have stopped going to Honda, threw the warranty papers in the dustbin.
Car is running perfect, because i know it will! Will only go to Honda if there is a complex issue.

Last edited by aerohit : 2nd May 2017 at 09:31.
aerohit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2017, 13:42   #21
BHPian

dear all,
I have completed close to 18000 kms and i am overall happy with the car.

Some observations:
  1. Getting the car moving from Stand still is little difficult. I am not sure how the other car owners feel about this point. There is some shuddering some times.
  2. The AVN is a pain and it is little irritating on the long usage
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i10 to Honda Jazz - From Italics H to Normal H-img_0730.jpg  

Hyundai i10 to Honda Jazz - From Italics H to Normal H-img_0361.jpg  

Vivek-Bharathy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2020, 16:18   #22
BHPian

Hello Enthusiasts,

60,000 kms update on my Honda Jazz.

in 4 years of ownership, i have completed 60000 kms.

In short, complete love with the car is the only word to describe. Honda has been pretty consistent when it comes to reliability. Few to mention
  • Still driving on the stock clutch after 60%-70 % of Bangalore traffic commuting in 60,000 kms.
  • Still driving on the stock brake pads both front and rear inclusive.
Magnum Honda in Kanakpura road has done a decent job. Though had some initial struggle with them, my decision to stay with them has paid off well.

My observations:
  • The car has loads of space and you will never run out of place. easily one of the biggest hatches in India.
  • I loved the styling and looks classy. Personally my opinion.
  • The refinement of engine is top notch. it can get a little louder post 3000 RPM.
  • There are no rattles in the car and the interiors are put together very well.
  • Magic seat is a boon to the car. Gives a lot of flexibility.
  • The service cost is very comparable with my Swift VXi. my service cost never exceeds 4000 Rs. I get the wheel alignment and balancing done outside.
My simple recommendations about this car:
  • Those who are heavy footed and expect a little grunt from your car, please stay away from this car. Nevertheless to mention this car doesn't break a sweat even if it is fully loaded with 5 adults.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i10 to Honda Jazz - From Italics H to Normal H-1.jpg  

Hyundai i10 to Honda Jazz - From Italics H to Normal H-2.jpg  

Hyundai i10 to Honda Jazz - From Italics H to Normal H-3.jpg  

Hyundai i10 to Honda Jazz - From Italics H to Normal H-4.jpg  

Hyundai i10 to Honda Jazz - From Italics H to Normal H-20200613_151407.jpg  

Old 13th June 2020, 20:16   #23
Team-BHP Support

Moved your ownership thread to the Long-Term Ownership section.

Dude, while this is your ride and your money, just my 2 cents - the H O N D A monogram on the bonnet needs to go. And those contrasting fender protection stickers. Get the transparent PPF from 3M instead.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2020, 22:35   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Moved your ownership thread to the Long-Term Ownership section.

Dude, while this is your ride and your money, just my 2 cents - the H O N D A monogram on the bonnet needs to go. And those contrasting fender protection stickers. Get the transparent PPF from 3M instead.
Hi Gannu,
I have to change the bumper as there are some scratches made by an auto. I am hiding it through these contrasting stickers. waiting for some more damage to happen and once for all change the bumper.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks