Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2023, 22:41   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento 1.6 TDI Highline (2010). EDIT: Now 2,00,000 km up

Quote:
Originally Posted by snehanshuchk View Post
Hey! We are buying a pre-owned VW Vento 1.6TDI, 2014 with 47k km on the clock and full service history. After getting the car I was thinking of getting the car's engine flushed and also get the injectors cleaned.
Not needed at all. I have clocked similar kms on a 2011 Vento 1.6 TDi and apart from normal servicing, never did any injector cleaning or engine flush. I be scared to do this if car is running all good.

Just follow the service manual and that should keep the car ok.

Most important is drive it regularly.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2023, 01:20   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snehanshuchk View Post
Hey! I was thinking of getting the car's engine flushed and also get the injectors cleaned.
Not needed. Car will run fine if serviced regularly. If you can do regular service every 8000 kms. It will increase the longevity of the car.
Old 19th January 2023, 06:50   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
Not needed. Car will run fine if serviced regularly. If you can do regular service every 8000 kms. It will increase the longevity of the car.
If this is one of the cars that went unserviced for three years claiming lockdown then get all the oils and fluids (brake fluid coolant at fluid if any etc) drained out and changed. Or change it anyway as a basic step unless very recently done. That should be a sufficient flush.
Old 9th May 2023, 23:16   #139
BHPian

Hello guys I own a 2017 Highline Vento, the car met with an accident in the first week of March, it was a head on collision with the city in the city(pun intended) the car was being driven by Godfather Senior who unfortunately is not much into automobiles and is a very sedate driver, the airbags were deployed(who's replacement costs you an arm and leg all thanks to no zero dep insurance after 5 years of car ownership).

Now when I recently came home and drove the car I found two issues.

1. The steering jitters when I apply brakes around 80-100 KMPH, sometimes I feel scared to even apply the brakes.

2. The second issue is when in idle, the car makes a kat kat kat sound from the engine bay.

I was wondering if its a minor issue, I'll get it fixed at a FNG and if its a major issue I'll send it to the service center.
Old 26th January 2024, 15:44   #140
BHPian

Guy, I have a 2014 Vento 1.6 TDI. Which is not much used. So planning to get it serviced at an unauthorised service centre this time. Have couple of questions. The last service was done about a year and a half back. But not used much since. Now there is some kinda sound when idle. Getting it intermittently. And the ABS sensor warning is showing again! Have changed a few times in the last few years at the service centre but it keeps on faulting one after the other somehow! Read somewhere that better to change all together at the same time to sort the issue. Can someone please throw some light on this. Getting it done from outside is cheaper I learnt.
Also since I’m thinking of getting it serviced outside, which engine oil should be used exactly? Lot of posts say VW 505.01 compatible and some say something else.
Old 26th January 2024, 17:30   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
Guy, I have a 2014 Vento 1.6 TDI. Which is not much used. So planning to get it serviced at an unauthorised service centre this time. Have couple of questions. The last service was done about a year and a half back. But not used much since. Now there is some kinda sound when idle. Getting it intermittently. And the ABS sensor warning is showing again! Have changed a few times in the last few years at the service centre but it keeps on faulting one after the other somehow! Read somewhere that better to change all together at the same time to sort the issue. Can someone please throw some light on this. Getting it done from outside is cheaper I learnt.
Also since I’m thinking of getting it serviced outside, which engine oil should be used exactly? Lot of posts say VW 505.01 compatible and some say something else.
I have stopped giving my 2010 TDI Vento to authorise service station long back. They just rip off.

Regarding sound , its better you show to independent garage as it’s difficult to gauge issue.
Reg ABS light: its much cheaper to get them changed outside appx Rs. 1000/1500 per sensor. Depending on your sourcing. Seems you are from Mumbai, can get at good rate from Charni Road market.

Engine oil: Though Liqui Moly is unavailable ( very expensive)as of now , I have been using Singapore made United Gold 5W-40 and its serving me quite well. Again you can source from Charni Road market.

Never faced any issue maintaining on my own. All parts are easily available.

Hope this helps.
Satkaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2024, 03:48   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
You can always refuse it.

I always send my Vento 1.6 TDi to VW Authorized Workshop and tell them specifically to not update the ECU for Dieselgate scandal.

Campaign Number: 23R7
Customer not given approval.

It ever Service Advisor doesn't toe the line, I tell them ask VW India to purchase back the car and do whatever they want to. Till I own the car, I decide what is to be done. SA always complies after it.
Ok I somehow don’t find my car acceleration as good as it used to be! Wonder if they updated the ecu and underpowered the engine or something! How to check and if it’s the case, how to get it back as before? Mine is 1.6 TDI 2014 model. Purchased it just before the 1.5 tdi model was launched!
Old 30th January 2024, 23:39   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok I somehow don’t find my car acceleration as good as it used to be! Wonder if they updated the ecu and underpowered the engine or something! How to check and if it’s the case, how to get it back as before? Mine is 1.6 TDI 2014 model. Purchased it just before the 1.5 tdi model was launched!
You can ask VW Service Centre to connect VAS machine and check for ECU version.

If they have updated it, you cannot revert it to earlier version. Only option is to remap the ECU of car from a tuner.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2024, 04:20   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
You can ask VW Service Centre to connect VAS machine and check for ECU version.

If they have updated it, you cannot revert it to earlier version. Only option is to remap the ECU of car from a tuner.
But any idea how we can come to know or what exactly to look for? Which is the older version and which is the newer one if you’re aware?
Old 31st January 2024, 14:20   #145
BHPian

Quote:
But any idea how we can come to know or what exactly to look for? Which is the older version and which is the newer one if you’re aware?
Unless you have specifically told them previously not to do the dieselgate update, likely your ECU was already updated back in 2017-18 and your current issues are unrelated to it.

The dieselgate software for the 1.6/1.5TDI's PCR2.1 ECU is version 9977 or higher and non-dieselgate versions are 9971 or lower. You can ask the ASS to check it for you or even use an ELM327 dongle to check it yourself(it'll be shown in the ECM identifiers section).

Last edited by SH1N1G4MI : 31st January 2024 at 14:28.
SH1N1G4MI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2024, 02:59   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH1N1G4MI View Post
Unless you have specifically told them previously not to do the dieselgate update, likely your ECU was already updated back in 2017-18 and your current issues are unrelated to it.

The dieselgate software for the 1.6/1.5TDI's PCR2.1 ECU is version 9977 or higher and non-dieselgate versions are 9971 or lower. You can ask the ASS to check it for you or even use an ELM327 dongle to check it yourself(it'll be shown in the ECM identifiers section).
Had given for service today itself and SA checked in my service history and told ithe ECU update was done in 2016 itself! No wonder I used to wonder why am I not able to get the pick up and power that I used to get when I purchased the car! Somehow that fun factor is lost somewhere!
Old 2nd February 2024, 07:24   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Had given for service today itself and SA checked in my service history and told ithe ECU update was done in 2016 itself! No wonder I used to wonder why am I not able to get the pick up and power that I used to get when I purchased the car! Somehow that fun factor is lost somewhere!
One of the main reason I stopped giving my Vento to authorise service centre. During the ownership there were injector issues which was quite common and the never ending sensors issues . For all these reasons I found a local alternative which saved lot of money as well as allowed me to keep my Vento in stock condition. Recently got my EGR cleaned and she is as good as new with much better exhaust.
Satkaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2024, 08:44   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Well the good news is the older software can be flashed back on to the ECU using ODIS (VW OEM software). Maybe you can look into that. Some tuning firms can do that for you. Note: This is not a remap.
SH1N1G4MI is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks