Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2007, 16:32   #16
Senior - BHPian

wow! 18! thats great.

and who sung for entertainment? The engine or ?
Old 29th January 2007, 16:39   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
wow! 18! thats great.

and who sung for entertainment? The engine or ?

Mostly my kid

I will be touching base with you next week for the ICE....Damn I need that paycheck fast!
Old 29th January 2007, 17:44   #18
Senior - BHPian

awesome mileage- has the BAleno engine undergone any tweaking for mileage ??
Old 29th January 2007, 18:29   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Mostly my kid

I will be touching base with you next week for the ICE....Damn I need that paycheck fast!
also do upsize the tires if u are goin to use the highways more...
hey man i know tht u r excited about the new car,but please do post pics of the car......
Old 29th January 2007, 18:39   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hari_rama View Post
also do upsize the tires if u are goin to use the highways more...
hey man i know tht u r excited about the new car,but please do post pics of the car......
I have already upgraded to 185/70 R13 Bridgestone Potenza tubeless tyres.

No plans to go in for 14in alloys- would love to but finances dont allow!
Old 30th January 2007, 20:53   #21
BHPian

Bless your car. For being silent.

I get lots of tire noise in mine and after I changed to 185/65/R14 with Alloys. On the stock rims and tires there was no noise at all. Foxes me .
Old 30th January 2007, 21:39   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subbu View Post
Bless your car. For being silent.

I get lots of tire noise in mine and after I changed to 185/65/R14 with Alloys. On the stock rims and tires there was no noise at all. Foxes me .
Hello Subbu, which brand tires do u use??When i was at the shop for changin my car tyres, the owner of the shop said tht the certain tyre tread designs are prone to more tyre noise....He said tht certain tires like goodyear f1 gsd3 are more prone to noise ....
From my experience, also running on low air pressure creates a little more than usualk tyre noise.....
Old 30th January 2007, 22:18   #23
Team-BHP Support

i had 185/70 potenza g3 and they were noisier than the original but gave much better ride and grip.
Old 30th January 2007, 22:30   #24
BHPian

congrats on your baleno iam getting consistently 14 kpl with 50%AC in city driving.
Old 30th January 2007, 23:13   #25
Senior - BHPian

The new Baleno would probably sport the same engine as this
Old 31st January 2007, 01:53   #26
BHPian

You are getting a very good mileage for a new 3 digit run car!

I used to observe during my 8 month-8600+kms -mostly city use a mileage varying between 9 to a best of 12!!! A update of 600 kms in bangalore is what i will wait for....Damn i cant wait.
Old 31st January 2007, 01:58   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Yes there's a decent amount of engine noise beyond the 3.5 K mark - but I wouldn't call it harsh .. maybe I'm biased, 'coz I love it
yea i totally agree with you.that sound is amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subbu View Post
i too get quite a bit of tyre noise its very noticible with the music of.
Old 31st January 2007, 11:17   #28
Senior - BHPian

To be very honest, I am comparing tyre noise with two cars- teh TD Baleno that I drove and my Palio (165/80 R13s) and compared to both, the potenzas on my Baleno are really silent.

Plus I did not exceed 95KPH on this run, so maybe that is also a contributing factor.

But the grip of the car is truly brilliant and I tested it on teh drive upto Nandi Hills.
Old 31st January 2007, 11:33   #29
Senior - BHPian

I have my 2 year old Baleno giving me 15kmpl.. (in city traffic + highway drive @ 100kmph).. So 18kmpl is really good.
Old 20th August 2007, 13:52   #30
Senior - BHPian

updated to 5000 kms- mods, please change the thread title

Ok, my baleno has covered 5000 kms this weekend and I thought now would be a good time for an update

0-3000Kms- these were covered mainly in bangalore with two out of town trips- on eto mysore that has been chronicled in this report and another to Jaladhama (again mysore highway 50% of the way and pretty daen non existent roads from then on). On the hihgway, the baleno is in a league of its own and on the trip to Jaladhama, a friend who was part of our group, was driving a souped up zen MPFI (K&N, FFE, uprated tyres and shocks) and he just could not keepup with me on the entire drive. I touched speeds upto 175 (on the clock) on a couple of occassions on the mysore highway. the Fe in this trip was 12 KPL, pretty decent considering the fact that I gave the baleno a thrashing- but I can tell you the car was loving it. It was almost as if she was thanking me after being confined to bangalore traffice for 3 months !!

around the 3000 KMS mark, I relocated from bangalore to hyderabad, and drove the car down to hyderabad solo, with only 1 stop on the way for 10 minutes to have a quick breakfast. Left bangalore at 4 AM and was in hydreabad for lunch

during this trip, i really developed a bond with my car. i was driving consistently between 100-110 kph, with AC on 100% ( it was a muggy morning, follwed by a hot afternoon) and the car returned 16.5 KPL!

while in hderabad, my car is mainly used on the weekends to go into town, since i live 1 km from office and preferto walk to work. hyderabad roads are much better than bangalore and the car is behaving impeccably so far! got the second service done from Saboo at Somajuiguda- pretty decent and efficient stuff, even though the workshop is a little small and cramped. the trick is to reach at 9 AM and be the first car in!

there was a brief spell where i was contemplating selling the baleno since i was entitled to a company car, and the hassle and expense of paying road tax in hyd and caliming refund from bangalore was proving too cumbersome. but then i decided to persist with the baleno and i think in retrospect i made a good decision. having said that, i have a sneaking suspicion that i may have to grapple with this dilemma pretty soon, since my boss informed me today that our company has moved from a company purchased car plan to a car lease plan- under this plan, for my grade, I am now entitled to any car upto 15L . Damn! the temptation is tooooo great this time round,, not to mention the tax savings....anyways, lets wait and see what happens.

Cheers

himanshu

Last edited by himanshugoswami : 20th August 2007 at 13:58.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks