Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2023, 12:48   #316
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
If you still have the jerks coming in at 1500 RPM, I'd suggest you to try Liqui Moly diesel purge.Just fill a bottle into a full tank of fuel before a long trip and ensure you vary the RPMs with hard acceleration in between. It should ideally resolve the issue if it's a dirty injector.
I have avoided any additives so far as KIA didn't recommend those during early BS6 days. I doubt it can be a dirty injector as I have observed this issue at least since the past 2 years 35k kms now, consistently happening at around 1500 rpm irrespective of the gear. I suspect it to be a bad injector instead of a dirty one although there's no knocking. I will try the Liqui Moly Purge before a long trip, as it is DPF compliant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sufficient_shop View Post
Hi Ashis,

Excellent thread overall. I've rarely seen anyone with a silver Seltos on TBHP, so wanted to know if you are happy with your decision after all these years for going with Silver Seltos. Any tips/suggestions you have for someone who has booked a silver model?
Honestly, I am not a fan of the Steel silver I own (I prefer the new sparkling silver that came later on, over any other color available today). That said, silver is the most practical color and has been very hassle free to maintain.

If you like to maintain your car as bright shiny spotless, then go for the deeper shades which can show the deep gloss. If you want a shiny car with least effort, then stick to silver or get the white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker18 View Post
ashis89- I briefly went through your comprehensive ownership review of your Seltos HTK+ diesel manual.

I recently purchased Seltos HTX petrol manual. This car will be sparingly used. I expect around 2500 KM per year.

1. What is your opinion on the extended warranty(4-5th year/unlimited KM) on Seltos? The extended warranty for petrol Seltos now costs 23,877 INR.

2. Although you have a diesel Seltos, it is worthwhile to get my convenience plus(extended warranty and free service for 5 years) pack for 46,995 INR for Seltos petrol manual?
(I am reluctant because of the low expected usage of the car. )

3. Do you have any idea how much can services cost for Seltos petrol manual (Service 2- 10K KM/1 year, service 3- 20K/2 year and so on)?
I would definitely recommend the 5 year extended warranty but go for the lowest limited kilometer option (if I remember correctly, it is 5 yr/120k kms).

My convenience plus is not required, IMO. Given your low usage, your service costs would be low. Just ensure you are not opting for additional services like AC disinfection, polishing, deep cleaning, etc as they end up inflating your bill.

The usual service should be between 5-6k. You can see the cost calculator here, which is accurate: https://www.kia.com/in/service/servi...alculator.html
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2023, 19:24   #317
BHPian

re: Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!

Ashis, if indeed the injector is the culprit, why is it that jerks are present only around 1500rpm? Shouldn't it misbehave at other rpms as well?
Just wanted to know your thought process in this regard.
srvm is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2023, 20:42   #318
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
Ashis, if indeed the injector is the culprit, why is it that jerks are present only around 1500rpm? Shouldn't it misbehave at other rpms as well?
Just wanted to know your thought process in this regard.
Very good point. This is my noob thought process - I am driving at a fix RPM for some time and then try to accelerate but the engine gasps. Whenever it happens, it happens at the same RPM irrespective of speed or gear. Either it is insufficient fuel or insufficient burn which should cause this issue. Since it doesn't depend on speed or gear, I am blaming the fueling agent - injector. Other suspect can be the ECU tuning for conservative fueling at that RPM. If so then all other Seltos owners should have also reported this.

Last edited by ashis89 : 28th August 2023 at 20:56.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2023, 18:50   #319
Distinguished - BHPian

I wrote this review about the Continental tyres that are shod on the Coyote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I have used the Continental CrossContact LX2 for 26k kms now and can share a short review.

Road noise: First thing to notice is how silent these tyres are. Even though the noise has increased ever so slightly after all these kms covered, the tyres are still very quiet while operating.

Ride quality: These tyres seem to have strong sidewalls. I had upsized the tyres for slightly better cushioning but the improvement has been marginal. On the upside, the tyres have survived multiple potholes and helped dismiss bad roads easily. Due to upsized tyres, the body roll increased in my car.

Grip: The dry and wet grip has been excellent so far, both in the straight line and the curved roads alike. I didn't get much chance to go off-road but they have worked well in little slush or gravel that they have seen. Due to the upsize, the steering feels heavier than the stock tyres and also observed a slight drop in FE.

Tyre quality: The tyres lose about 1 psi in a month's time and are fairly puncture resistant. Last month I had to frequent an area which was strewn by nails. Several residents in the area used to report punctures every day but I escaped unscathed. Maybe I was plain lucky or the tyres are good but they do give me an added peace of mind.
Yes, they look chunky too.

Overall the tyres were expensive due to the rare size (upsized to 215/65 R16) that I was looking for but they have proved their worth so far.
A week later, I went on a early morning trek to Hulukudi betta. And there I see this, neatly lodged on the rear right tyre but no air leak. Took a decision and drove back as is.

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_9827.jpeg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_9933.jpeg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_9934.jpeg

Had some unavoidable errands that day and finally, a 100 kms later on that injured tyre, I went to Tyre Empire HSR. One look and everyone said that it's not recommended to repair it. They can try but can't guarantee that it will last. But they offered to raise a goodwill warranty claim on the tyre. They took away the tyre, fit the spare wheel and left the bare alloy in boot.

Stepney was used for first time till date

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0048.jpeg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0049.jpeg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0050.jpeg

Stepney is a size small but I have used it for 200 kms without any issue. It was at the rear.
A week later, I got the confirmation that I can get a new tyre at some discount. Went today and got the new fitted in the same rear. Spare goes to hibernate

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0143.jpeg

0623 manufactured
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0144.jpeg

Existing set has a lot of life left but the new one will be a mismatch. Let's see how the set fairs
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0145.jpeg

Last edited by ashis89 : 8th September 2023 at 19:13. Reason: Fixed the images
ashis89 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th September 2023, 15:42   #320
Distinguished - BHPian

Friend in Hyderabad was looking forward to a weekend catch up but was also itching for a drive in his Thar. So we decided to meet at Anantapur, stay overnight and return today.

Tyre had been changed the previous day so Stepney was not a concern any more. Since Anantapur is closer for me, I started late at 10, tanked up my Coyote and was off. I drove slow and reached by 1:30pm. Had plans of gorging on some Paradise biryani but found the outlet closed. So tried the new Pista House next door.

Today we dispersed at 11 and I reached home by 3pm. Drove even more gingerly today, keeping between 1.5-2k rpm throughout. While the FE was good, the drive was boring. T2T returned 19.4 kmpl.

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0151.jpeg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0152.jpeg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0166.jpeg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0167.jpeg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0179.jpeg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0178.jpeg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0181.jpeg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0183.jpeg

Last edited by ashis89 : 10th September 2023 at 15:53.
ashis89 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st September 2023, 18:08   #321
Distinguished - BHPian

It was a long weekend and hence, drove down to Tharangambadi or also known as Tranquebar. Started around 5am and had reached our resort by 1pm, with a breakfast break at A2B Thoppur. Roads were mostly good, except for Chidambaram to Tharangambadi where work is going on at several points.

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0261.jpeg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0265.jpeg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0274.jpeg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0275.jpeg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0288.jpeg

The resort is a vintage Danish bungalow beside the Danish fort. There are a few other old buildings in its vicinity. As luck would have it, a film crew was shooting in an adjacent building. Later met actress Nazriya Nazam who had come for lunch to the resort and seated next to us(never realised it was her until much later). Clicked her Range Rover parked outside, her vanity is seen in the background.

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0308.jpeg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0312.jpeg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0323-copy.jpeg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0424.jpeg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0374.jpeg

Next day, I drove to the Dharbaranyeswara Swamy temple, Velankani church and back. Spent the remaining time at the fort next door and the beach behind. Also visited the beautiful harbour view point.

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0412.jpeg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0334.jpeg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0358.jpeg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0510.jpeg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0513.jpeg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0498.jpeg

The day after, we visited the Thillai Natarajan temple at Chidambaram, the mangroves at Pitchavaram and then proceeded to Pondicherry. Average to bad roads and petty traffic meant those 150 kms took 5+ hours to cover. And a badly splattered car!

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0562.jpeg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0566.jpeg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0582.jpeg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0597.jpeg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0583.jpeg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0602.jpeg

Spent the next two nights at Pondy, visiting the nearby Paradise beach for morning sunrise and drove to the rock beach for evening strolls and cafe visits. Also did some bird watching in the forest nearby.

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0619.jpeg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0703.jpeg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0610.jpeg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0675.jpeg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0646.jpeg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0648.jpeg

Yesterday, started at 10am post breakfast and reached home by 3:30pm with just one tea break.

Saw some fancy number on the Odo on the way. The present reading is a shade under 68k. Got the car a much needed wash today.

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0719.jpeg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0726.jpeg

Last edited by ashis89 : 21st September 2023 at 18:14.
ashis89 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 21:18   #322
BHPian

Thank you Ashis for your ownership thread. Your thread is perhaps the go-to thread for anyone who owns a Kia/Hyundai equipped with the 1.5 Diesel. I own a 2022 Carens Diesel and your thread has instilled confidence in me to go ahead with Diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsai_iyer View Post
I have started hearing a knocking kind of noise from the right side of the engine. It sounds like machine gun fire, rat-tat-tat, type, it’s faint but audible. It’s noticible at low revs only. It’s there for brief period and then disappears on its own. There is no loss in power or any such issue, during this period.
I've noticed this in my Carens as well. There is faint tat-tat-tat sound (in rapid succession; more like a fluttering sound) when the foot is removed from the accelerator. The car is otherwise normal. Did you find a solution for this? I did go through your other response as well, but was curious if you found a solution for this.

Quote:
Whenever I drive with part accelerator (1.2k-1.5k rpm) and in the 3rd gear for some time and then try to accelerate, I notice a hesitation at times. Happens in the 3rd but didn't feel in other gears.
Also present in my Carens as well. I've first noticed this at around 15K Km. The ODO is currently at 20K and I've noticed this may be 4-5 times in the 5K Km. The vehicle sometimes jerks a little or hesitates for a second before responding. This is around the same time when I first noticed the oil level to be higher than normal. The ASC shrugged it off as typical BS6 Diesel and took no action. Upon my insistance (pointed out the owner's manual where it is clearly mentioned to contact the ASC if this happens), they removed some oil and asked me to report back after a couple thousand kilometers. To no one's surprise, it rose again. I asked them to change oil at least and that I would pay for it since I was not comfortable with using the vehicle with diluted oil. This too was not done since my 20 K service was 2K km away at that point. My usage is 75% highway-25% city and did not get a DPF warning thus far. I tried to convince them to check the injectors, but this was swept aside as normal behavior. The oil was changed recently, will have to keep an eye on this.

Sorry to post this in your thread, but since the engine is more or less the same and even the niggles reported are also similar, I wanted to check if you experienced something similar.
furyrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2023, 13:36   #323
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furyrider View Post
Thank you Ashis for your ownership thread. Your thread is perhaps the go-to thread for anyone who owns a Kia/Hyundai equipped with the 1.5 Diesel. I own a 2022 Carens Diesel and your thread has instilled confidence in me to go ahead with Diesel.
Thank you for your kind words.
Quote:
I've noticed this in my Carens as well. There is faint tat-tat-tat sound (in rapid succession; more like a fluttering sound) when the foot is removed from the accelerator. The car is otherwise normal[
Does it happen at all times or during cold start? I heard it during cold start and in a close basement where the sound is pronounced.

Quote:
Also present in my Carens as well. I've first noticed this at around 15K Km. The ODO is currently at 20K and I've noticed this may be 4-5 times in the 5K Km. The vehicle sometimes jerks a little or hesitates for a second before responding. This is around the same time when I first noticed the oil level to be higher than normal. The ASC shrugged it off as typical BS6 Diesel and took no action. Upon my insistance (pointed out the owner's manual where it is clearly mentioned to contact the ASC if this happens), they removed some oil and asked me to report back after a couple thousand kilometers. To no one's surprise, it rose again. I asked them to change oil at least and that I would pay for it since I was not comfortable with using the vehicle with diluted oil. This too was not done since my 20 K service was 2K km away at that point. My usage is 75% highway-25% city and did not get a DPF warning thus far. I tried to convince them to check the injectors, but this was swept aside as normal behavior. The oil was changed recently, will have to keep an eye on this.

Sorry to post this in your thread, but since the engine is more or less the same and even the niggles reported are also similar, I wanted to check if you experienced something similar.
The jerks, I have been noticing them since the past 40k kms now. Multiple service centers could reproduce it too but they were clueless. Similar to you, they brushed aside my note about injector issue which they say should give knocking sound. I haven't pressed for a fix as the SC would resort to trial and error method and the car has been running fine otherwise. I will monitor this for a year until when I have my extended warranty.

I did check the oil levels a few times and yes, it is slightly higher than the max level. Haven't faced any issue till date and hence, haven't worried about it. Even the owner's manual mentions about a level slightly above 'F' as 'normal'. There are Seltos diesels who have clocked more than 1.5 lakh kms already without any trouble so I am assuming the OEM has built in the tolerance for higher oil level in the engine. As for me, I get the oil changed every 7-8k kms so the engine doesn't run long on diluted oil.
Old 27th September 2023, 18:52   #324
BHPian

Once again, thank you for your ownership thread

Quote:
Does it happen at all times or during cold start? I heard it during cold start and in a close basement where the sound is pronounced.
It happens all the time. On usual commutes, the wind/tyre noise overpowers it. Since the noise is faint, I chose to ignore it for now.

Quote:
Even the owner's manual mentions about a level slightly above 'F' as 'normal'.
I usually monitor all the fluids before I hit the highway. I was not concerned until the oil levels rose to above 'A'. Here is the snippet from the owner's manual. Since Kia themselves recommend a trip to the ASC if this happens, I had to get it checked.

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-capture.jpg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-capture2.jpg

Initially, they put blame on the vehicle not being able to regen properly. After connecting the OBD though, they were scratching their heads for answers since the vehicle showed that the last regen was successful and soot was 0%. The OBD diagnostic tool which Kia uses shows the last successful regen (as in the ODO reading) and the soot level. Mine was always between 0-8% and the last regen always happened towards the end of the highway run.

Quote:
There are Seltos diesels who have clocked more than 1.5 lakh kms already without any trouble so I am assuming the OEM has built in the tolerance for higher oil level in the engine. As for me, I get the oil changed every 7-8k kms so the engine doesn't run long on diluted oil.
This is reassuring. While the ASC I usually get the vehicle serviced in is pretty responsive, the one in my native place is quite laid back. I could not get them to change oil at my own cost. Upon my insistance though, they opened a job card for running repair and entered oil dilution as the reason in their system. I am hoping that if they try to pull a fast one on me in the future, I can at least point out that this is a known issue with this vehicle (given my previous bad experience at Hyundai). I will keep an eye out for this though.
furyrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 17:57   #325
BHPian

Sorry for crossposting on your thread Asish ji. Just replying to what furyrider posted on the rattling/knocking issue which I too am facing.

I went thru a thread on Teambhp on injector rattle on a Toyota. This was very similar to what I was experiencing. I still am experiencing this issue. The rattling is just when the engine is reaching operating temperature, fades away on its own & randomly reoccurs. On hard acceleration the noise would be absent.

I have a feeling this has to do with the engine’s sensitivity to fuel & the lubricity in the injectors. I usually refuel at IOCL pumps. This time I have refulled at NAYARA to see if there is any change.

When I had recorded this noise & shared it with SA, the closest reply I could get was about sensitivity of the injectors & like we regenerate the DPF, the injectors also would need constant load to clear soot. So let’s see.
iamsai_iyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 00:25   #326
Distinguished - BHPian

Key Fob Battery Replacement

Since Coyote came home, I have been using the same fob while the other one remains at home (we have carried it with us on long trips as back up). After close to 4 years of use, this fob was showing signs of dying. The lower battery warning came up a couple of times and one day, the car unlocked only on the 3rd attempt. So I kept this kept fob at home and started using the other one.

Last week I remembered that I had to change its battery. So I searched Amazon and ordered a strip of 5 cr2032 batteries (that was the smallest SKU available). Duracell was cheaper than the other available alternative - Panasonic. Regular AA and AAA Duracell last really so I got those.

Read the manual and opened up the key fob with a flat head screwdriver. Replacing the battery was a 2 min job. OE battery was Panasonic. Had I known this, I would ordered that set instead. After assembling the fob again, I tried the buttons (inside my apartment) and noticed the flickering red LED. The other fob with OE battery gave a sharp red glow. Knew something was wrong with the new battery.

Next day, I took it to the car and tried the door access key a few times. Car didn't unlock. Tried the button on the fob a few times and viola, the car responded in 3rd attempt. The LED was glowing bright red. I realised the fob was reset and had to 'pair' with the car again. The fob works well now but I'll use the secondary one so I can use up the 4 years old battery on that one.

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0740.jpeg

Coyote would turn 4 at the end of this month. So insurance renewal is due. I will also change the car's battery proactively in the next few months.

Meguiars Ceramic Wax Spray - 1st attempt and a rude shock!

My bottle of Turtle Ceramic Spray was empty. After 2 bottles, I thought of trying something new and hence, had ordered the Meguiars Ceramic Wax spray. I gave it a try today, thinking it to be similar to the Turtle one. Washed the car, wiped it clean and started spraying the panels while spreading it a microfiber. Then I got a rude shock when I saw the panels and the glasses had a wax/oil type coat which won't go with buffing. My fault, I hadn't read the instructions. After applying the spray, I had to wash it again (with water only) and wipe it dry. A lot of extra work. So far I prefer the Turtle one as it was simple to use. Let's see how Meguiars fares in the long run.
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0769.jpeg

Last edited by ashis89 : 3rd October 2023 at 00:27.
ashis89 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 07:57   #327
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Went through your detailed thread. Thank you for writing it out so painstakingly. Found it very useful as I juggle my evaluation in my head and heart as to which car between Elevate vs Hyryder vs Seltos.

One question - Your experience on reliability, breakdowns, A.S.S. has generally been Ok, Good or Great.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

V.Narayan
Old 3rd October 2023, 16:35   #328
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Went through your detailed thread. Thank you for writing it out so painstakingly. Found it very useful as I juggle my evaluation in my head and heart as to which car between Elevate vs Hyryder vs Seltos.

One question - Your experience on reliability, breakdowns, A.S.S. has generally been Ok, Good or Great.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

V.Narayan
Thank you for your kind words, sir!

Car has been reliable over the 68k kms it has run, no breakdowns ever. Wear and tear parts have lasted well, with nothing to complain. The only two parts replaced under warranty, were non-critical ones and were changed during the next service (didn't need an out of turn service center visit).

A.S.S has been good. Staffs know the cars and the jobs to be performed on them. They're courteous and pleasant to deal with. They seek feedback and provide updates without needing to follow-up. But they handle a lot of cars per day and hence, might not be able to pamper you. Most spare parts are readily available and costs are reasonable.

PS: BS6 diesel are still a bit of a grey area for most service centers, irrespective of the OEM brands. Kia is no different.

Coincidentally two of the hot threads today speak about customer experience at Kia service center. You can check them out as well:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post5633090 (Rat damage to cars | Protection, solutions & advice)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...t-dashcam.html

A 3 year old thread covering Kia service experience can give some more idea although a lot of points are years' old now.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...r-company.html (Kia Owners: How is the after-sales service experience from the dealer & company?)
Old 8th October 2023, 13:32   #329
Distinguished - BHPian

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0781.jpeg

On Friday, I was to go to Mysore road to visit a fellow Bhpian who suggested I start early morning to beat the traffic rush on the return leg. With sedately driving, I got some good FE even after crossing across the city and enjoying a peaceful cool drive.

The results of the new Meguiars wax spray looks promising in day light. Will reserve my comments regarding it's longevity. But does take some effort in applying.
Attached Thumbnails
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0778.jpeg  

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0793.jpeg  

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0790.jpeg  

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0788.jpeg  

ashis89 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 14:18   #330
Distinguished - BHPian

Drove down solo to Vijaywada after a long time.

Tanked up at the IOC COCO pump after Hoskote. There was a quarter tank of fuel already there and DTE was at 200+ but still the dispenser filled 43L till auto cut (in a 50L tank). This is the second time I have filled here and both times I have got unusually low FE. I suspect if they're cheating with quantity. Anyhow, I moved on.

Roads were excellent throughout except for 30 kms of broken roads between Yerpadu and Gudur. I didn't need to slow down in most of the stretches unless there were potholes. Coyote could sail through happily.

Traffic was above average compared to my previous trips, especially between Tirupati - Yerpadu - Gudur and Nellore - Ongole. Quick overtakes were fun on the single roads, just point and shoot.

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0794.jpeg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0795.jpeg

Took a few coffee breaks although I was already sipping it on the go with my travelers flask
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0801.jpeg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0802.jpeg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0803.jpeg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0814.jpeg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0820.jpeg

Only yesterday I noticed this misaligned right fog light. I found them insufficient but now I know why. But I still wonder how as the car never had any shunt or accident which could have impacted the fog
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0821.jpeg

Also noticed this ever slight yellowing of the DRLs in the section towards the grill
Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0824.jpeg

Ownership Review | My Kia Seltos HTK+ 1.5L Diesel MT (Coyote) | EDIT: 4 years, 70,000 kms up!-img_0825.jpeg

Last edited by ashis89 : 8th October 2023 at 14:20.
ashis89 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks