Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2007, 19:52   #16
Team-BHP Support

excellent write up mate.
Old 2nd March 2007, 20:32   #17
Team-BHP Support

Suman, fantastic write up.
I'm yet to meet anybody who's unhappy with his josh machine. As you said and rightly so...only issue is the brake.
Old 2nd March 2007, 20:55   #18
Senior - BHPian

After reading all this..i have to say iam glad iam still living the dream.. its an awesome car...have absolutely no complaints about the ikon..dont know why it got its bad name in the first place(maintainence)...its a bit heavy on fuel..but then thats ok...everything has its good points and bad..and i think the ikon has very few..JUST 2 to be precise..Brakes&FE...
Havent heard of any modded ikon's yet...
1q though..iam planning to go in for 2fogs on my 2000 ikon bumper..the triangular ones...can it be done...looking at the front it doesnt seem so..
Old 2nd March 2007, 20:56   #19
BHPian

Good review Suman,

Rear seat comfort of Ikon is probably the best in comparable cars.
Old 2nd March 2007, 21:07   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan
1q though..iam planning to go in for 2fogs on my 2000 ikon bumper..the triangular ones...can it be done...looking at the front it doesnt seem so..
It's the perfect recipe for diverting a thread. Sorry, but that's how it starts.
Old 2nd March 2007, 21:17   #21
Senior - BHPian

Very well written Sir..!!!!
I also have a fond memories of driving an IKON in Himachal's winding roads .,...n BOY..!! the handling of this car is superb....
Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
[*]Very comfortable rear seat, my wife still misses the ride comfort
Even Safari hasnt able to match it?

I agree the ride quality of Ikon is amazing n feels rock solid....I drive a baleno which gives similar ride quality but the solid feel is missing....

Last edited by kpzen : 2nd March 2007 at 21:20.
Old 2nd March 2007, 21:27   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
It's the perfect recipe for diverting a thread. Sorry, but that's how it starts.
yes...my apologies...if i spelt it right..
Old 2nd March 2007, 22:27   #23
Senior - BHPian

Hey Suman isn't it a coincidence that I have at my disposal both the cars you mentioned!!!

So you know whom to ping when you miss them. However, Dont know about the longterm prospects of the Ikon though but the 1100D is going to remain with us for as long as we can. Guess what she is getting a light flywheel ( I have sent the unit for dynamic balancing) and its getting a 2k paint job. (But I have no solution for the erratic speedo which always underindicates)
Old 2nd March 2007, 23:24   #24
BHPian

Very well written Suman. If there ever was an indian car worthy of the tag - "Josh Machine" - it has to be the 1.6 Ikon.

OT - there's always the Mondeo if you end up missing the Ikon few months down the line .

Regards,
Anuj
Old 3rd March 2007, 04:03   #25
Senior - BHPian

A very nice write-up suman.Me too felt the Ikon should have had better braking but that's about the only flaw I could find with it.
Old 3rd March 2007, 16:03   #26
Team-BHP Support

Very good write up - straight from the heart!
It took me many, many years and my own Contessa to realise why my dad was so reluctant to part with his old Fiat when we had and could easily afford modern machines. Certain cars you own, just don't remain cars, but, become an extension of yourself.
I don't think I can bond with any other car as I have done with my Conti. I bet most other members on Team-BHP feel the same about their cars. Rudra is a classical example.
Old 3rd March 2007, 16:15   #27
Senior - BHPian

Thats IT!
Im not selling my ikon!
I dont want no lump in my throat!

True Writings from the heart,man!!
Old 4th March 2007, 01:27   #28
Senior - BHPian

Great! I was just thinking of my '97 Maruti 800 that has clocked over 120,000 and I'm sure those memories are always sweet! The Maruti 800 has been parked in the garage ever since I got the Baleno, but I can never forget those awesome trips that we had in it.

Good review pal! But please, don't drink and drive! I was shocked to see the part describing the incident when you were too drunk. I hope you take this suggestion very seriously and positively!

Now don't ask me, if drunken driving is illegal, why do bars have parking lots?
Old 4th March 2007, 02:07   #29
Senior - BHPian

brilliant write up suman. The josh machine still remains a delight....point and shoot steering, nifty handling and that Rocam effect which has its owners ing from ear to ear.
Old 4th March 2007, 20:55   #30
Senior - BHPian

Guys, just want to tell you that I was really touched by all your comments. But then, I wasn't surprised because, after all, this is Team BHP, the BEST car forum in the world & like your own family - so if they don't understand your sorrow, who will?? Thanks once again for understanding.

Yesterday I was feeling quite nostalgic because this would be our first Himachal trip WITHOUT her. We drove up to Kasauli & though the BEAST gave us one GOOD ride, I was missing DL3CS when we hit the hill sections because that's where I used to THROW her into the curves & hairpins & she'd take them contemptuosly in her stride! I'd forgotten that initially till the silver beast protested a couple of times & reminded me!!! Now, a few specific replies -

Rocksterraghu, just to put your fears at rest, I've decided NOT to drink & drive. I'm now at Kasauli, have downed a few but, I WILL NOT drive home tonite! In fact, I've decided to give it an extra day & only return to Gurgaon day after tomorrow lol! That also gives me an extra day's drinking time, he-he!

E_T, no body rattles or anything, just some tyre noise in the final stages cos the tyres needed replacement.

1100D, you know what they say, GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE, :heh-heh . By the way, congrats on the flywheel & balancing, she'll fly a bit faster now! Believe me, I'd done that once & SEEN the difference.

Prajesh, the Safari rear seat is in a class of its own & the best in the business I'd say, but my wife returns home in the Fiesta & hence the comparison ...............remember the ZVTS ad where the lady would be applying the lipstick etc with the car going over bumps with no visible vibrations/undulations etc? Well, she loved the Ikon for that & finds the Fiesta lacking there........despite ZV2K & whatever! By the way, Ros Common is a beautiful place as you'd rightly said, sunrise views & all!

More when I hit the NCR guys, cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks