Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 25th November 2020, 07:11   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Experiences with a 2010 Ford Endeavour 4x4 AT - An Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maedhros View Post
Can't get enough of these stories. Keep 'em coming
Thank You @Maedhros. Yes, I hope to keep the pipeline warm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
I really love the fact that you donít panic and are able to diagnose complicated issues and figure out fixes for these too
Thank You @Crow. It wasn't easy to develop the never-say-die approach. However confident one is, there are tense moments when a problem suddenly crops up, and a lot of thinking goes into finding a workable solution. I believe that minor problems should come up to test our abilities to overcome them.

So far, I have always been rewarded with success after a painful wait eg. the AC issues in the blue Corolla. It is a battle of our diagnosis vs the technicians' and one needs to make them accept our point of view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham_City View Post
The real gangsta car! This butch SUV still commands respect on the road. One of few which repels pesky rickshaw guys.
Thank You @Gotham_City; Yes, the white Endeavour in particular looks quite intimidating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
I sold my Endeavour in End 2016. The car served me well, but the launch of the New Fortuner changed my thoughts
Thank You @MAS; You and bhpian @siddheshb helped me with info in late 2016 when I needed help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquecurve View Post
A well maintained car for a cheap price is a good deal - as long as you are mentally prepared for things to break and keep aside money to fix things.
Well said, @torquecurve. On non-Toyotas with a high odo reading, one has to be prepared to fix things that can break. In all these years, I've learnt to spot tell-tale signs of bad ownership and stay away from such cars. Even after due diligence, the car can throw up unforeseen issues, but these can be fixed. The joy of owning a "different" car cannot be explained.
vigsom is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 25th November 2020, 12:50   #17

Default Re: Experiences with a 2010 Ford Endeavour 4x4 AT - An Ownership Review

That made for an interesting article @vigsom.

Wanted to buy a pre worshipped Yeti and also an old Vitara V6, but bailed as I expected the ownership experience to be an expensive learning curve.

I can just say that your friendship with the owner has had a fair impact on the costs incurred. Keep up the good work!
Petroleus is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed