Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2007, 23:29   #1
BHPian

Getz 34000 km report.

Hi guys,

I've done 34000km on my Getz in 20 months.All the free services until 20000km is totally free,except for allignment,balancing,rotation,which I prefer to be done outside.Most of the 34ks have been on the highway.Normally cruise at 120kmph on the highways..occationally touching 150 kmph.....absolutely no problems whatsover.I get a FE of around 11.5 kmpl in Bangalore & 13.5 kmpl on the highway with AC being on most of the times.Most of the times I drive alone lugging a lot of goods...a very practical car specially with the rear seats flipping twofold.Good handling & ride quality,but quite a bit of body roll which is irritating on rough roads.Ground clearance is great & I do drive a lot on rough roads near my estate & not even once have I scraped the bottom.In fact,I have beaten guys in civics,astras,indicas,ikons,fiestas etc etc in the rain ravaged ghats on NH 48.If only Hyundai can give a better throttle response(my ex car was an Esteem !!!)& make it a better driver's car,it would be one great car for Indian roads.
Old 20th April 2007, 08:31   #2
Team-BHP Support

Chandan, after 34000 one would normally expect to see a bigger detailed report.

Your car is well kept (though I've seen only once). There are not too many reports on Getz.

Tell us more. Show us some picture.
Old 20th April 2007, 13:06   #3
BHPian

Rudra sir,

After a couple of beers,this is how much I could write.Anyways,I will be joining you guys on the 22nd to Nandi hills....more then.
Old 20th April 2007, 14:21   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandan View Post
Rudra sir,

After a couple of beers,this is how much I could write.Anyways,I will be joining you guys on the 22nd to Nandi hills....more then.
Beer Intake is inversely proportional to the number of words...

Hmm, What happens with Whisky then????
Old 20th April 2007, 14:41   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I get a FE of around 11.5 kmpl in Bangalore & 13.5 kmpl on the highway with AC being on most of the times
Chandan, isnt that kinda low, the highway figures i mean... ?
The Swift returns better figures, which seems to have given it the upper hand in sales.
Old 21st April 2007, 10:09   #6
BHPian

Chandan,
After 34K kms in 20 months, is there any ratteling? How is the build quality?
Old 21st April 2007, 18:45   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Beer Intake is inversely proportional to the number of words...

Hmm, What happens with Whisky then????
I shall rephrase my statement....after a couple of beers,this is how much I could THINK..

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Chandan, isnt that kinda low, the highway figures i mean... ?
The Swift returns better figures, which seems to have given it the upper hand in sales.
13.5kmpl is a combination of city & highway as I have never had a chance to check long distance FE only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartech View Post
Chandan,
After 34K kms in 20 months, is there any ratteling? How is the build quality?
This is the plus point of Getz....no rattling at all except for a slight noise from a loose bumper.
Old 21st April 2007, 19:31   #8
Senior - BHPian

[quote=chandan;418739]I shall rephrase my statement....after a couple of beers,this is how much I could THINK..
quote]

Common Chandan, I am kidding too...
Old 21st April 2007, 19:44   #9
Senior - BHPian

[quote=chandan;417505]

In fact,I have beaten guys in civics,astras,indicas,ikons,fiestas etc etc in the rain ravaged ghats on NH 48.If only Hyundai can give a better throttle response

hmmm.... need to think about it
Old 21st April 2007, 19:55   #10
Senior - BHPian

Chandan.....

Thats some kms done in 20months and great that car is holding on well....
btw you seem to be doing NH48 regularly.... how did the car do on sakleshpur ghat... when the roads were in pathetic shape....i remember swift and a esteem having a bad time crossing the ghat..... i was in my bike(Enfield)....was a good offraoding experience
Old 21st April 2007, 21:24   #11
BHPian

FE on my car is definetely good then,I get around 12.3 in city with a/c on all the time and 17 on the highway
Old 21st April 2007, 21:52   #12
Senior - BHPian

chandan

it will be useful if you can write a more detailed review - particularly about your servicing schedules that have happened so far and the price you have paid for your services/spares.

do post more info when you get time. i ve always admired getz as a practical car, and would love to see how hyundai has serviced the getz and what sort of problems really occur with the car.
Old 25th April 2007, 17:41   #13
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. I have always liked the Getz for its cleaner more sober looks. It is supposed to have a good ride, which is a top priority for me. Perhaps if it had an auto, it would have had 1 more customer.
Old 25th April 2007, 21:48   #14
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Chandan,

Getz is really super silky smooth car with no rattles. Swift is good to buy bad to live with, If I had baught Getz instead of Swift I would have not sold it.

Anyway Getz is good car, Swift is good one who give importance to less price while buying.

Ravi.
Old 25th April 2007, 22:00   #15
BHPian

Quote:
.Good handling & ride quality,but quite a bit of body roll which is irritating on rough roads.Ground clearance is great & I do drive a lot on rough roads near my estate & not even once have I scraped the bottom.
Which size wheels does the GLS come with? I recall that Hyundai has different wheels for different versions? Is the body roll more than your Esteem? I used to drive an esteem until recently, and I thought it had a fair amount of roll too. Recently I helped a cousin buy a Getz, and I thought that it was as good or better than the Esteem on this count.

Quote:
If only Hyundai can give a better throttle response(my ex car was an Esteem !!!)& make it a better driver's car,it would be one great car for Indian roads.
I did find the Getz a little sluggish just off the blocks and this would have become worse with the Prime 1.1, but the 1.3lit does offer great response at the higher RPMs. Do you find a big difference wrt to your Esteem?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks