Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2007, 18:12   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun.ppl View Post
Few initial days, i had some jittery feeling. But ater around 200kms, the car just behaves like knife through a butter.

Noise Levels are extremely negligible & interior are exuberant.

As for the initial acceleration, ya its slow of the blocks but today i raced a NHC ZX, Hyundai Verna Petrol & guess what i won, though they had good initial pick up.

Hey Varun,

Congrats for your Chevy !! Nice review .....
Old 12th June 2007, 05:56   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
My experience was with Regent Automobiles Near Haldirams on Mathura Road.
Where did u get the Aveo from??
-----------------------------------------

from Autovikas at Moti Nagar.
Old 13th June 2007, 21:40   #18
BHPian

Fews dealership might be exception otherwise GM has improved on this front in last few months.

Other wise you can drop a email to GM
Old 14th June 2007, 11:31   #19
Senior - BHPian

this is another car that was on the competition list while i was deciiding on the ford fusion. That time it lost out just beacause if its gears and power delivery(i drove the 1.6 and thought it lacked the attributes of the other 1.6 in delivering power. Not sure about the 1.4)

And 10 km n city with full ac before first service clearly shows that you will get around 15-16 on highways. Now thats not a bad mileage man. Cool. Enjoy you car.
Old 14th June 2007, 11:53   #20
BHPian

Thanx . Power one i felt a bit but thats the characterstics of VGIS engine i suppose once it is above 1500 RPM it becomes peppy that time it beats fiesta accelaration too. now thats an interesting feature for me in terms of how does that work ?
Old 27th July 2007, 15:18   #21

Congrats on the Buy... Got Arm rest too?!!! Great..

Good to hear many people speaking/buying Aveo.... Its really a good Cute Car on all ends... Except the best in Drivability... that too its not worst..
Good going... Would be great to see how Aveo Diesel performs, when it comes...
Old 25th August 2007, 17:01   #22
BHPian

Nice review, Kamy. I tend to agree with most of what you said. The car comes pre-loaded and an average customer need not pay extra dough for those "extra" fittings (which otherwise are essential to make the driving experience complete). I had my car (1.4 base) driven by a few of my friends who own other sedans and they were all floored by the silky smooth drive . In fact, the car drives like a dream (of course I've not revved it beyond 3k). Potential buyers get put off by what is written about this car. The gear shift (after 200 km) is as good as it can be; I was apprehensive about it when I took the test drive. But later the manager at the dealership told me it was an old vehicle (that is before the modification). The pick up is good, may not be phenomenal, but how many among us need that kind of ripping acceleration from a family car. The size of the car can be quite intimidating for those who are graduating from small sedans. From close quarters the car looks very muscular. I think it is also solidly built. Lift the hood and you know the car is built to last. I could feel the difference between Aveo hood and the onion skin like hood of Esteem, which I owned earlier (well, Esteem has its own plus points, but that is a different issue). In short, I'd recommend this car to anyone who wishes to buy a good family car and has a little above 6 lakhs budget. You will not be disappointed. You get the feel that your money was well-spent. The adoring glances of neighbours is only a bonus point.
Old 25th August 2007, 22:39   #23
BHPian

Thanks Sagittarian, I am sure it would treat you with same passion and pleasure for a long run enjoy your car.
Old 28th August 2007, 21:22   #24
BHPian

Guys i am not that happy with Aveo stock horn, any advice on this please.

Should i change now or wait for sometime ?

Most Viewed