Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2007, 06:52   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babureddy View Post
Here I would like to mention about those small modifications that requires in case of the wider tyres. In order to have those new tyres fit properly without touching the side walls, we had to cut the mud flaps and also the front bumper, as they used to touch the tyres when we rotate the wheel fully on either side. Also a small piece of metal sheet had to be cut in the process. I felt bad on seeing all these cuttings on my new safari, but then there was no alternative. Next there is another adjustment. The stepney wheel fitting also needs some modification to get it fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Thats good review, Enjoy your ride. I gues GodFather has same set of tyres, can't remember him reporting cutting the stuffs so bigger tyres fit properly. May be you are on stock rims but i feel he also on stock RIMS, checking with him will help to know about it.
Yes.. I am Running 255/65 16" Hankook Dynamics and i have not cut the body parts.. I dont understand why you had to do the same.. I am running these on Stock rims.. I Guess Steer is running 275 and he also did not cut any part for the tires to fit..
Waiting for the pics.. even better.. meet up.

Godfather
Old 4th July 2007, 12:15   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Thats good review, Enjoy your ride. I gues GodFather has same set of tyres, can't remember him reporting cutting the stuffs so bigger tyres fit properly. May be you are on stock rims but i feel he also on stock RIMS, checking with him will help to know about it.

Congrats and all the best.

Ravi.
Nope, i have changed to HR alloys. Yes, even i had that doubt when this person was cutting it. Infact he did the same thing to another new dicor which was there, he had just changed the alloys, but not the tyres.
But next day i had to go back to him to get it cut a bit more since it was still touching the front bumper slightly when i used to turn it to extreme left.
Old 4th July 2007, 12:15   #18
Senior - BHPian

Steer too is running 255's only.
Old 4th July 2007, 12:17   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4_attitude View Post
Congrats buddy !
wt are the side effects of getting wider tyres in terms of ride qulaity and FE
Cheers
Wadhwa Ajay
Thanks Ajay, i haven't had any side effects other then those adjustments that i had to make to the vehicle. In terms of ride quality, i have not still driven it for longer distances, and also i wont be able to compare it with stock tyres since i changed it immediately after i took the delivary. I just had covered some 2 kms after i took delivery.
Old 4th July 2007, 12:20   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruty View Post
Congrats on the new Car, do post the pictures and nice write up. You got 30K discount, its really good deal, here in delhi I am getting 20 K max.
yes, even here they just started with 20K. I just put the deal with other dealers and asked for them to give something good. only thing is you just be firm on what you want. I went to the other dealers and just spoke about the price and did'nt even look at the vehicle. they knew that i am infact going to buy and not just enquiring prices.
If they can shell out another 10k more discount in bangalore, then it can happen in anyother city, unless they are having huge sales, which is not the case though.
Old 4th July 2007, 12:22   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
Congrats babureddy. Do post some pics of your car with the modded tires. Also 12.4% floating? From which bank?

Prerna is a good choice. better than concorde anyday!!

Happy Driving and dont forget your seat belts

Nimz
will post the pics very soon. I got my financing through Tata Finance. I just did'nt bother much of going to other banks since i wanted to have my hands on it very soon and without any hassles.
Old 4th July 2007, 12:26   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajithvpl View Post
Congrats babureddy for your black beast.

I too bought a Black Safari Dicor LX on 17-Jun-2007 from Concord Motors Bangalore.
welcome ajith to the club, and congrats.
looks like there are more and more black safari dicors joining the club from bangalore.
Old 4th July 2007, 12:29   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Yes.. I am Running 255/65 16" Hankook Dynamics and i have not cut the body parts.. I dont understand why you had to do the same.. I am running these on Stock rims.. I Guess Steer is running 275 and he also did not cut any part for the tires to fit..
Waiting for the pics.. even better.. meet up.

Godfather
now i am feeling confused for making those modifications to get my new alloys and tyres fitted.
Yes i think we all should meet up sometime, a short ride would as well do good.
Old 4th July 2007, 12:30   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babureddy View Post
now i am feeling confused for making those modifications to get my new alloys and tyres fitted.
Yes i think we all should meet up sometime, a short ride would as well do good.
Call me anytime.. I have PMed you my Number.

Godfather
Old 5th July 2007, 12:42   #25
BHPian

hi all, i have uploaded a couple of pics of my beast in my gallery...check it out. Will upload some proper ones this weekend.
Old 6th July 2007, 22:47   #26
Team-BHP Support

Just saw your gallery. What offset are those alloys? i think that's the reason you had to cut some body work.

Have a look at godfather's tyres which are the same size as yours.

And these are your tyres:

As you can clearly see your tyres are jutting out much more than godfather's who is running on OE steel wheels.

Also by chance are you running spacers?

ps: goddy hope you dont mind I took the pic from your garage.
Old 7th July 2007, 00:44   #27
Senior - BHPian

There is definetely an offset issue here as Vid has kindly pointed out & that is the reason the body work cutting.
Old 7th July 2007, 14:31   #28
BANNED

even in my scorpio ..a small metal piece has to be cut as it was fouling with the 275 tyers ..which i got in my scorpio...
Old 8th July 2007, 06:05   #29
Senior - BHPian

No Vid I dont mind.. ALso Babu.. Those are neat alloys.

Godfather
Old 8th July 2007, 12:17   #30
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Babu on purchase of your new beast ......Will wait for your report of 500/1000 kms.....Will help prospective buyers.....btw what is the on road price you got....with discounts....You sure have got a lot of things as freebies....

Do update about the FE......

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks