Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2007, 23:59   #31
BHPian

Best Of Luck!

Congrats Babu on your new Safari. Welcome to the club of very proud and not so satisfied Safari owners...

Wanted to wish you best of luck - hope you have a good ownership experience!
Old 10th July 2007, 11:13   #32
Senior - BHPian

Hey, congrats Babu, welcome to the Club! cheers:

That bit about cutting the bumper etc sounds real weird, first time I'm hearing of it on the tyre size you mentioned. Apart from anything else, this may cause you unnecessary body-niggles shortly, keep your fingers crossed
Old 11th July 2007, 13:25   #33
BHPian

I had stopped at the start of my new relationship...its time to continue it further with all the upgrades to it

*** Vehicle details ***
Make: Tata Safari Dicor LX 4x2
Color: Quartz Black
Model: June 2007
Price: 8,18,xxx/- (On-road, includes extended warrenty)

*** Free of cost (FOC) & Paid dealer fitments ***
- Bumper & side Cladding painting - Rs 10000
- Dupont Teflon Coating - Free
- Autocop W/engine immobilizer XS-8500 - Rs 5000
- Mud flaps, Car Perfume, Mats - Free

*** After market accessories fitted ***
- Alloy Wheels: HR Model# H 355 (16"x 8.0") / Full Machined Black - Rs 25000 (set of 5)
- Tyres: Hankook Dynamics 255/65/16 - Rs 9500 + Stock Bridgestone Tyres (Set Of 5)
- Crash Guard: Hiker Xtreme - Rs 7800
- Sunfilm - Luminar
- Audio
Head-unit: Pioneer DVH-P5950MP - Rs 16500
Speakers (front): JBL Components GTO607 (6.5")
Speakers (rear): JBL 3-way GTO637 (6.5")
Amp + woofer: Pioneer 5000w

List of Pending Items: Suggestions required from Team-Bhp members
- Fog Lights -
- Head Lights
- Seat Covers
- Body stickers (suggestions required, store from bangalore would be great)

Will be travelling out of town this weekend...will keep this post updated from time to time...

Guys, is there any option such that i can just update my initial post everytime rather than creating new posts with my experiences?
Old 12th July 2007, 01:08   #34
BHPian

guys do i really go for the teflon colour coating.my dealer is asking 4k for it.should i go ahead.
Old 12th July 2007, 01:27   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zucchero View Post
guys do i really go for the teflon colour coating.my dealer is asking 4k for it.should i go ahead.
Do 3M paint protection instead - costs just a little more but is a lot more effective plus you get 2 more applications during a calendar year.
Old 12th July 2007, 11:01   #36
Senior - BHPian

Nice input but why do you want go for stickers?

Quote:
Guys, is there any option such that i can just update my initial post everytime rather than creating new posts with my experiences
No buddy you cant.
Old 12th July 2007, 11:04   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Nice input but why do you want go for stickers?
just to improve on the looks a bit...when i meant stickering, its not something too much, but a bit red here and there...over the handles, etc..
Old 13th July 2007, 01:19   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Do 3M paint protection instead - costs just a little more but is a lot more effective plus you get 2 more applications during a calendar year.
@steer and zucchero:
wuerth, a leading german company, has a paint protection service thats made specially for new cars, costs little more than 3M though.a few car paint experts i spoke to swear by it.
tata however has a tie up with 3M at every TASS so i guess 3M should be more convenient.
Old 13th July 2007, 03:37   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babureddy View Post
just to improve on the looks a bit...when i meant stickering, its not something too much, but a bit red here and there...over the handles, etc..
I think I met your vehicle on Hosur Road a year or two ago (cant remember exactly when) - I was struggling through the traffic after having a glorious run down the highway and I found this TCIC Safari (white, I think) with a prominent Reddy's sticker on the windshield and several assorted stickers all around tailing me. There was a bunch of youngsters in it.
Old 13th July 2007, 11:32   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
I think I met your vehicle on Hosur Road a year or two ago (cant remember exactly when) - I was struggling through the traffic after having a glorious run down the highway and I found this TCIC Safari (white, I think) with a prominent Reddy's sticker on the windshield and several assorted stickers all around tailing me. There was a bunch of youngsters in it.
yes, my old TCIC safari had a Reddy's sticker on the windshield, but i did not have anything else except for that normal vinyl that used to come with old safari's. Yes, my car was white. Did you happen to notice anything else, cause there are quite a few vehicles with reddy's on it
Old 13th July 2007, 16:18   #41
Senior - BHPian

First of all, a delayed congrats from me. but when you meet up with godfather and after his analysis do let us know whether those cuts and modifications were required or not.

Godfather, would also appreciate if you can post some suggestions on upscaling the stock tyres and rims.

others can also suggest some names from where they exchanged their stock tyres for safari + bought alloys, for the benefit of new safari owners.
Old 13th July 2007, 16:33   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
First of all, a delayed congrats from me.
Thanks mate..
Will surely write about those cuts and modifications. I think this was because of me changing to different alloys than the one that comes for the Vx version. May be i am wrong!

Quote:
others can also suggest some names from where they exchanged their stock tyres for safari + bought alloys, for the benefit of new safari owners.
I donno the store name, but for the tyre price, you can get 4000k pre tyre for Bridgestone stock from quite a few tyre shops (sai iyengar, Herculies tyres etc). But its always better you exchange and by at one shop and also buy the alloys at the same place.
Gimme a PM and will be glad to accompany or direct to the store where i got this.
Old 18th February 2008, 18:28   #43

Congrats BabuReddy to own this Black Beast. I have gone through your comments on the vehicle.

I have also bought my Dream Vehicle "Safari Petrol VXi 4x4 Quartz Black" in June 2007, fortunately my vehicle was in 100% perfect condition and we drove it all the way from Cochin to Palakkad at Night on the busy NH-47. It has already crossed 6000+ kms, still it's in show-room condition.

Wish U Good Luck

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks