Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2007, 01:27   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallubhai View Post
Please compare engine sound of turbo with Xeta? What do you think regarding the maintenance cost of the diesel engine and resale value in comparison to petrol version i.e. Xeta?
Now what kind of a query is that? Any diesel car will be noisier in comparison to its petrol sibling. Turbo is also no different in that aspect if compared to a Xeta.

Maintenance is not at all big if you take care of your car. That translates to sticking to the service book provided with the car.

And when it comes to resell down south a diesel car always sells at a premium. In fact so much so that long after Zen Di stopped selling in the showrooms these cars command a hefty premium in the pre-owned cars market. Its the same with Indica Diesels. One of my colleagues had a Indica V2 DLE (the lowest model in the Indica personal cars segment) which he sold after 5 years of ownership. He got 2.25lacs for it. He purchased it for 3.5lacs or so. Thats how the market for diesels here is. However it may not be so hunky dory elsewhere.
Old 14th August 2007, 13:28   #17
BHPian

Hi
My indica Turbo DLX deivery is due on 17th Friday any suggestions you have for taking the delivery ?
Old 14th August 2007, 14:54   #18
Senior - BHPian

Camp in the dealer, or use your contacts - make sure its NOT a test mule.
Old 14th August 2007, 15:05   #19
BHPian

I have only thing I have cheked is mileage on odo it shows 36 km any other way
Old 14th August 2007, 16:07   #20
Team-BHP Support

Amit, there is a comprehensive guide available on this forum on PDI and things to check before you take delivery of a new car. Search for that thread. It will be immensely helpful.

EDIT: Ok, here is the thread link. Read this and if required even carry a print-out. Take the delivery during day time.

Last edited by Zappo : 14th August 2007 at 16:10.
Old 15th August 2007, 21:13   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Now what kind of a query is that? Any diesel car will be noisier in comparison to its petrol sibling. Turbo is also no different in that aspect if compared to a Xeta.
Thanks for your answer Zappo, actually I should have elaborated my question, what I want to know is the noise level of turbo indica in comparison to non turbo variant and xeta. The dealer claimed that the sound is more when the the turbo engine is started and decreases after some time, is that right?
Old 16th August 2007, 02:10   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
what I want to know is the noise level of turbo indica in comparison to non turbo variant and xeta. The dealer claimed that the sound is more when the the turbo engine is started...
True. The racket it creates is a little more than the NA Indica. NA Indica sounds far smoother than the Turbo. Mind you, its still far less than what the pre-2003 models used to make but then that also means that the NA Indicas are much better muffled than its predecessors.

Quote:
...and decreases after some time, is that right?
Again true. The car sounds much smoother after a couple of kms drive once the engine warms up. But the sound even then is a trifle more than the NA Indica.

Another odd behavior or rather difference from the NA Indica is that in the NA Indica the RPM is a bit low when the car is started and then slowly as it idles for a minute the RPM goes up by at least 50-75. On the other hand the Turbo starts at a comparatively higher RPM initially and then slowly the RPM comes down by 50 or so as it keeps idling. Exactly opposite behavior! Now this could also be a reason that the Turbo makes a little more noise than the NA engine when started.
Old 16th August 2007, 11:38   #23
BHPian

Zappo. Thats an intresting observation. On my dls turbo, i am pretty sure that RPM is less initially and slowly increases as the engine warms up. The RPM is a little more than 750 at cold start.
Again DLS turbo is different from DLG turbo since DLS does not have intercooler.
Old 16th August 2007, 11:46   #24
Team-BHP Support

In that case, the DLS Turbo behaves the way NA engine does. However with the DLG Turbo I see the opposite behavior. Thats for sure. I wonder why!
Old 20th August 2007, 14:01   #25
BHPian

Hi guys
Finally purchased my Indica DLX Turbo on friday it is red in color , a triffle noisy as I am using to driving a petrol but will have to get used to it . Car surprisingly comes with a lot of add on's will wait for a week before getting accessories fitted . Some rattling sound in left rear door , but that can be excused in a new car
Old 20th August 2007, 18:08   #26
Team-BHP Support

Wow! Congrats amit. We are sure you will enjoy your new car. Do post all the details for others... and some pics as well.
Old 28th August 2007, 18:53   #27
BHPian

Hi,

Thought of adding my first service experience for my Turbo DLG.

Had booked the appointment at Concorde Motors, Chennai on ECR. Got only the date one and half week ahead on a Sunday. I also told them that my car was nearing the 5500kms upper limit for the first service and would definitely be more after 1.5 week, they said its ok till its not more than 6k kms, and I agreed to that. I was also a bit skeptical thinking that the schedule would be tight on a Sunday, what I did find out was that Sunday is a good day to get your car serviced

Alright, appointment was for 10:00 am. I drove to the showroom and due to some traffic, reached at 10:30am. The service centre was kinda deserted, as when i had come in earlier for my wheel cap the place was extremely rushy. Parked my car, went in. Met the rep there, he made me wait 10 mins, but after that gave me his complete attention.

Being the first service, there were not many issues with the car. I wanted to get the car back the same day and he agreed on that. There was some rattle that had developed from the left rear door, I pointed that out. Told him I wanted to get the oil changed. The guy said that even though the service manual recommends oil change after 10k kms, its good to get it changed at 5k kms. I had similar opinion and agreed. There were some small nagging problems here and there like hood not opening easily etc. told all of them. He gave me a delivery time of 5:00pm. I said ok and went home.

Got an SMS at 5:00pm saying car was ready for delivery, I reached the center at 5:30pm. The guy showed me the job card, and checked whatever he had written and showed me the things he had fixed. All of the problems were taken care of. .. The bill came to Rs. 1137/- for the oil and oil filter. The guy had given me an estimate of Rs 1000/- earlier so that was fine. Made the payment, checked all the tools and stuff, and drove out. The car wash was also quite good and they had cleaned the engine bay also well.

Overall, I was very happy and satisfied with the service experience. Also, I thought that Sunday was a good day for the car to get serviced as there were not many cars that day so work was done well.

Thanks
Saurabh

Last edited by saurabh711 : 28th August 2007 at 18:54.
Old 28th August 2007, 23:58   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Interesting read...

Despite the fact that my 3-yr-old Indica was a disaster of a car, I was still inclined to go for the new 2007 job.

Then the swift came along, and, although the Indica sales people were great in the showroom, they never seemed to have a test vehicle available, or to keep the appointment to bring it to our house --- so I ended up buying the Swift.

I still much prefer the lines and look of the Indica, rather than the fatty-plump Swift; even the fact that the window 'ledge' is too high to comfortably put the arm on is annoying. The change from the old Indica to the Swift felt like upgrading from a bullock cart to a car (wow! I can accelerate without turning the AC off!), but maybe I'd have had a good experience with the new Indica; who knows?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks