Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2007, 18:07   #196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
Auto mode decides whether to set re-circ or fresh air (or polluted air ?) whenever you switch on AC. I force it to always re-circ mode, it stays there, until AC is switched off/on again.
oh, thanks for the info.
Old 4th September 2007, 21:55   #197
BHPian

That's right - I observed that when the outside temperature is lower than the desired/set temperature (say you set at 25 and outside it is 20) - the auto climate control tends to go on fresh air mode for sometime. But as Sathya mentioned - could force it to re-circ mode...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
Auto mode decides whether to set re-circ or fresh air (or polluted air ?) whenever you switch on AC. I force it to always re-circ mode, it stays there, until AC is switched off/on again.
Old 4th September 2007, 21:59   #198
BHPian

Once beyond "E" mark - I topped up full tank & it took only 40-41 - which means it had atleast 9 in. But I think it is not that reliable to bet on. Also I do that think each mark is calibrated accurately - not just in SX4 but in most cars. It appears to come down slow until mid point & thereafter tends to drop down faster !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by omishra View Post
from full to F mark it is 4.25 liters and from 'F' upto 1st mark 5.5 liters. Beyond that point for each 2 marks less 0.25 liter to previous (i.e. for 2nd, 3rd mark after 'F' = 5.5 - 0.25 each) and so on.

I can fill upto max 48.5 liters only. This is my rough observation because I get petrol filled randomly. Never tested what happens beyond 'E' mark.
Old 4th September 2007, 22:30   #199
VBV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prskumar View Post
Hi Sathya,

Very good long term report. How do you find parking in Bangalore? Does the wide turning radius create trouble while parking?

Do you find parking and reversing still a problem in Bangalore trafiic or one can get used to it over time?

I'm tempted to upgrade to a sedan, but my friends are suggesting to go for only hatch backs like getz/swift for ease of parking in Bangalore trafiic. Please share your experience in parking/reversing within Bangalore city please.
Well, if you're going to drive inside the city only, then your friends are advising you well. But if you do travel outside, pick the SX4, its great.

Even inside the city, I have found it to be pleasant and I have a solution for lack of parking places - walking. So I park far and walk a lot. People who've seen the way I've blown up, say its good for me. :-)

VBV
Old 4th September 2007, 23:56   #200
BHPian

I have decided on SX4 ZXI Silver, after quite an extensive research. Hopefully, should have it in 15-20 days time.

1. Also realised the stock JK vectras are so so.... wondering if i should change them asap (can hope to get a good price on their exchange). Basically, looking for an above-average general purpose 205/60R16 tyre.
Bridgestone POTENZA GIII 205/60R16 92H is the closest & only one I got to!!!! Could’nt find the the size in Michelin Energy XM1 / MXV series, which otherwise would have, IMHO, been more appropriate for my needs.

2. As rear visibility is compromised,enquired with my dealer abt Xenos Parking Sensor (6-sensor), he says fitting a non MGA parking sensor would void the warranty....???? suggested, i opt for the MGA kit (4-sensor) instead,any insights?

[FONT=&quot]Looking forward to your valuable opinion & suggestions.[/FONT]
Old 5th September 2007, 00:13   #201
Senior - BHPian

dr.dre try Yoko S Drives & go for the MUL parking sensors.
Old 5th September 2007, 08:14   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBV View Post
Well, if you're going to drive inside the city only, then your friends are advising you well. But if you do travel outside, pick the SX4, its great.

Even inside the city, I have found it to be pleasant and I have a solution for lack of parking places - walking. So I park far and walk a lot. People who've seen the way I've blown up, say its good for me. :-)

VBV
Thanks. The car will be for both city and highway (long trips) use. I think I'll go for a sedan first and if there is a need i'll get a second small car. I'm planning to buy in the next 6 to 8 months. Hopefully the waiting period for SX4 will come down by then.
Old 5th September 2007, 16:24   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.dre View Post
I have decided on SX4 ZXI Silver, after quite an extensive research. Hopefully, should have it in 15-20 days time.

1. Also realised the stock JK vectras are so so.... wondering if i should change them asap (can hope to get a good price on their exchange). Basically, looking for an above-average general purpose 205/60R16 tyre.
Bridgestone POTENZA GIII 205/60R16 92H is the closest & only one I got to!!!! Could’nt find the the size in Michelin Energy XM1 / MXV series, which otherwise would have, IMHO, been more appropriate for my needs.

2. As rear visibility is compromised,enquired with my dealer abt Xenos Parking Sensor (6-sensor), he says fitting a non MGA parking sensor would void the warranty....???? suggested, i opt for the MGA kit (4-sensor) instead,any insights?

MGA 2 sensors costs around 5k. I fixed the Xenos parking sensor from the Maruti dealer only.I don't think it is going to void the warranty. When you fix the sensor with them they are going to take care of the warranty.
Old 6th September 2007, 19:23   #204
BHPian

the reversing sensors would make alot of sense, when i got them installed, they MUL dealer only had Blackcat (4sensors) and it cost about Rs.4000.
As far as the tyres are concerned, i got the stock tyres replaced with SilverStone Kruisers 215/55. I got a buy back of about Rs.4000 a tyre on the vectras and only paid 4500 more. so far they are pretty smooth, waiting for run in to take place then shall test speed and cornering abilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.dre View Post

Old 10th September 2007, 00:43   #205
Senior - BHPian

First service over[not that I completed 1000kms but because its been a month now since I have had the car],estimated amount Rs. 1200 ,billed amount Rs. 712.

Engine oil replaced[semi-synthetic MGO],oil filter replaced apart from the general check-up,washing and cleaning,electrical check-up and engine tune-up which was performed under the free service

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 10th September 2007 at 00:45.
Old 10th September 2007, 14:16   #206
BHPian

Sathya,
Among so many other reasons. Your long term report has been one of the reasons that I went in for an SX4.
Thanks
Venkatesh
Old 10th September 2007, 16:44   #207
BHPian

I have completed 1000 km and giving my car for service tomorrow. After that I am going to test it capability & stability in high speeds.
Old 10th September 2007, 19:24   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh.C View Post
Sathya,
Among so many other reasons. Your long term report has been one of the reasons that I went in for an SX4.
Thanks
Venkatesh
Congrats for choosing it and All the best for faster delivery!

I hope SX4 meets your expectations, keep us updated in the 2 threads I have created.
Old 10th September 2007, 19:40   #209
BHPian

Another long drive :-)

I went to Chennai on Friday and came back today. To say in a single word about experience with SX4 in highway drive "Marvelous" !!!

While going, I could touch 120 for brief time but maintained 80-100. With my wife, parents and good amount of luggage - I could go beyond 100 since load was balanced.

Mileage calculation was screwed by Reliance stupid pump !! The Auto cut-off didn't work properly, it stopped well before, I had filled 5 more lrs to keep fuel indicator in position where it used to be after auto cut-off. Mileage came as 17 kmpl . I am sure this is wrong.

While coming back, I filled in Shell at Poonamalli and refilled at Shell Hosur road. I am sure auto cut-off works fine in both places and fuel indicator was in usual position.

This time, I maintained 100 minimum and briefly touched 130 kmph!! Many times I was at 120 as well. I wanted to raise my confidence and hence cruised at this high speeds, knowing that I won't get good mileage.

Mileage was 14.75 kmpl - still not bad I thought. AC was on throughout journey both ways.

Overall we enjoyed the journey!!

My odo now reads 3900 and soon I will go for 2nd service.
Old 10th September 2007, 20:35   #210
BHPian

Good news Sathya, decent mileage.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks