Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2007, 10:37   #16
BHPian

Okey! I will post the pics tomorrow.I cannot find time but i have to proove it to all the team bhpians.
Old 8th August 2007, 13:54   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Good to see a happy customer.

You should sent a video to Autocarindia and overdrive. They both tested Xeta 1.2 and found the top-speed to be 152 (ACI) and 153 (OD). How wrong they were!

Welcome to team-bhp!

ACI and OD figures are probably the True Speeds as against the Speedometre indicated speed by our member here. A difference of 10% is commonly seen in the two.
Old 8th August 2007, 14:14   #18
Team-BHP Support

I think it is possible in a few ways CD. Either his speedo has a good amount of error. I have seen upto 10% myself. So he may just be driving at the full grunt which will be like 155kmph and his speedo will show 170. I do not know about the Tacho though. Can it have some errors. Possibly it can. Or it may just be that he read it wrong. But to reach that top speed he definitely has to be redlining it.

Now whether the speedo error was always there or came in later is a different issue. He may have changed tires with wrong sized ones. This will immediately induce a speedo error. If there was a speedo error from begining (they almost always have, on the side of optimism) he would have aggravated it even more with the wrong sized tire.

I am just hypothesizing the possibilities for such readings...
Old 8th August 2007, 14:39   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel12345 View Post
Okey! I will post the pics tomorrow.I cannot find time but i have to proove it to all the team bhpians.
Whatever you do, just be careful while taking a pic or asking someone to take it while driving at such a speed.

Drive Safe !!

All the best
Old 8th August 2007, 16:51   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
I am just hypothesizing the possibilities for such readings...

Speedo errors are possible. But 6500 rpm?

@neel12345: Please dont take photos at high speeds or any case while driving. All that is questioned here is rpm figure of 6500. You can prove that by providing a simple shot of the instrument console.
Old 8th August 2007, 17:18   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Jokes apart-
1. 170 kmph?
2. You took it to 6500rpm?
3. Redline is 5250 rpm. How did you manage above that?
4. Top- speeds of 152kmph mentioned by the magazines are true considering the engine rpms, and also the fact that other 1.1s with better power to weight ratio have similar top-speeds. Which gear did you use for reaching 170kmph? 5th?
5. As far as i know, Xeta has a switch provided to use the air recirculation/fresh air mode (ac). Can you tell us how you can 'set' the amount of fresh air drawn in?
Whaddaya mean Jokes APART? Those ARE the jokes!
Old 8th August 2007, 17:38   #22
Senior - BHPian

As far as I know, 5th is an overdrive, the car would reach its top speed in 4th gear. Also I am yet to come across a car in India which redlines in 5th gear.. its just not possible.
In anycase, speedo error or not, 170 kph even on speedo aint possible.
Old 8th August 2007, 18:02   #23
BHPian

14 kpl with AC on in heavily congested Kokata ? ..holy flamingo ..speechless
Old 8th August 2007, 22:50   #24
BHPian

My car gives straight away 14kmpl. It is very well maintained, drven carefully with light foot .But one thing which i know and have also seen that there is a diff of 2 or 3 in mileage figuires with AC ON/OFF. But in my car it is 14 with ac and only 14.5 without ac. What the hell is this.

BTW, i'll be providing pics tommorrow afternoon.But please tell me if you think that the max rpm it can acheive is 5250 then why is it till 8000 on the meter? And i am posting again that my redline starts from 6500
Old 9th August 2007, 03:35   #25
Senior - BHPian

I've heard of speedo error, but damn TATA has invented tacho error.
Old 9th August 2007, 13:27   #26
BHPian

Xeta the FAT LADY OF THE OPERA

well i have a xeta 1.4 done about 15000 kms on it. drive everyday around 100 kms and here is my feed back.

workmanship: bad ( most problem faced with doors)
exterior: although it is the same as the other indicas, but i don't know i somehow I like it and I can recognise a xeta from the other indicas on the looking at the front, from the back car has that spoiler thingy which makes it different from other indicas.

tyres: are way to small for the size of the car, it looks a fat lady trying to walk with pencil heels.

mileage: 12 to 13.5 with ac cause i drive from gurgaon to delhi so from highways to traffic jams of delhi.

TOP SPEED: hmmmm...somebody said 170 with 1.2 xeta. buddy you are driving some other car cause with 1.4 engine i managed to go at 140 kmph only after that i got scared because the stearing was shaky but engine was just fine. and amazingly from 80 to 120 car goes in no time and you can feel the accelaration.really good.

Interior: it is ok for a car of this price. put some nice stereo and good seat covers and world is bright again.

Space: i am 6 feet tall and i have had problem adjusting seats according to me in almost all the car. i also got ikon 1.3 petrol and trust me ikon is smaller than the xeta in space by far. in the price range of alto i have the space honda city. i would take that any day. backseats are amazingly comfortable. big enough boot to fit a picnic in it.

price: i bought this car as my work car and i was not ready to pay more for just one reason that shahrukh khan is a santrowala and no ways i was going for small stupid car as alto. it is in the price range of alto and can compete with waganors and santros.

my verdict: good work car, and if you are going for a date get something else otherwise girl will think that you are taxiwala.)
Old 9th August 2007, 14:47   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by msharma_79 View Post
price: i bought this car as my work car and i was not ready to pay more for just one reason that shahrukh khan is a santrowala and no ways i was going for small stupid car as alto. it is in the price range of alto and can compete with waganors and santros.
From when on did Shah Rukh Khan start influencing decisions made in your family?

Calling the Alto syupid is not exactly a good thing. There are many owners i personally know who are really happy with the service that car has provided them with.
Old 9th August 2007, 15:07   #28
Senior - BHPian

Sharma ji,

quite agree with your review. Why not add CNG for the kinda running you do? We have a 1.4 GLG and its gooood, except for niggles.
Old 10th August 2007, 10:12   #29
BHPian

apologies to all Alto owners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
From when on did Shah Rukh Khan start influencing decisions made in your family?

Calling the Alto syupid is not exactly a good thing. There are many owners i personally know who are really happy with the service that car has provided them with.
Sorry if i have offended anyone who owns an alto, but think logically 800cc engine so little space and price so high...peace to all my brothers....no offence again.

Well i thought people would like to read between the lines when i said shahrukh khan is santrowala. well it was about the Advertising i was talking about which does influance your day to day life every second you buy something. And it add cost to end user of the product one way or another.

the point was see what you need and buy accordingly without getting influenced by any brand ambassador.

i have given my part of the story.

i appreciate everybody's feed back. but that is the way i feel.

Take care
Drive safe
God Bless.
MANU
Old 10th August 2007, 10:30   #30
BHPian

the cng in xeta.

you are right boss this was the original idea there are few reason why i did not get the cng fitted in the car till now.

1. i wanted to enjoy the car a bit before i get the cng fitted.
2. tata was fitting CNG kits in Gurgaon earlier but there was some problem in the Kits so they stopped it and i am still waiting.
3. your warranty goes if you get the kit right away so i was bit apprehensive about it.
4.the car is low on torq and it is 200 kgs. heavier then the nearest competition so the pick up is low. so i was just thinking i might just loose the pick up completly.
4. my friend has an alto cng fitted and he suffers a lot in summers because as soon as he switches on the ac car goes down.and i love the ac in my car.
5. lastly i am 27 sometimes do get in to races on the highways, trying to catch the honda city on the highway although not much success but i would like to have the ability that i can beat the car, if you know what i mean.

i dont know whether i am write, but i am here to find these answers only.

thank you

Manu

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks