Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2007, 19:34   #1

Fiat Palio 1.6 - Red: 1000 Km Review

Hi all,

I got the delivery of my Palio 1.6 from Dhingra motors, Gurgaon on August 10. Here are my observations and experiences with the car:

The day I got the delivery of my 1.6 turned out ot be bad. After getting off from the dealership, I decided to take the car to the nearest Indian Oil station to get it filled with Xtra Premium. Unfortunately, the petrol in the car was good enough only for 2 Km or so and my car stopped bang in the middle of the highway: no petrol.With a lot of trouble, i somehow managed an empty canister from a truck driver and walked to the nearest petrol pump to get petrol. After a lot of trouble, and 2 hours of hard workl i got my Stile running again. And this where the bad part ends and good one begins.

From the the day net to it, I have been running my car and I am very happy with it. The engine is a dream and gear ratios are just perfect and if somebody uses gear box well than even big cars like Skoda, City, Accord can be left behind in a pall of dust.( Everytime I see a City or Skoda or Accent, I on purpose leave them behind just for the heck of it ). Its very easy to do that.

Once I was driving it on a rainy day, and there was a Tata 407( mini truck) which was driving at about 65 -70 and was not letting me go past him. The road was narrow and I had to overtake him on the left side as he would give me way on left. But their was always some slow moving vehicle on the left side at a distance and it made overtaking difficult at 70 km.hr in fifth gear. I decided to take the car in third ( never mind the run-in period ) and revved it hard. Lo and behold, I was flying and in no time Mr. 407 was nowhere to be see.

And what to say of corners, I approach them in good speed with such confidence because of the amazing suspension of the car,that I always get ahead of everyone.

And as for the mileage, I am using Xtra Premium and getting 9.22 in my first 1000 kms(calculated upto 2 decimal places).

The interiors are good for the price and I got seat covers in Red & Beige colour which look very good on the car and got a blaupunkt London HU with blaupunkt components in front and coaxials in rear.

If anybody is thinking of a car for less than 11 Lakhs, go for stile 1.6.

Please write back your comments or questions,
N D Stud
Old 28th August 2007, 20:34   #2
Senior - BHPian

LOL, tanked out after a mere 2 kms---speaks volumes about the dealer.
BTW, congrats for your new Palilo 1.6. Have fun.
I think your fling at overtaking the 407 was a bit risky, that too with a new car. Drive safe.
Old 28th August 2007, 20:51   #3
BHPian

Drive Safe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND Stud View Post
Hi all,

( Everytime I see a City or Skoda or Accent, I on purpose leave them behind just for the heck of it ). Its very easy to do that.

N D Stud
Well well, you seem to be enjoying that dream of an engine of Palio 1.6 !
Just a word of caution from a fellow 1.6 owner though. Make it a point to not crash your baby. Be very very careful. I say that cause I had a bad crash and the car is still not repaired after 5 months. Its still in the workshop. A.S.S is pathetic to say the least and parts are really really hard to come by. Its a sorry state of affairs.

So keep her running properly and carefully. DO NOT TAKE ANY CHANCES. Though I know you just can't help unleashing those 100 horses

Drive Safe!
Old 29th August 2007, 03:07   #4
Senior - BHPian

yup i got my door banged and cars still not back after 20days and no indication of when its coming back either :P

congrats on ur car ndstud and do take it a bit easy during the first 2.5k kms

and not sure why the dealer never gave any coupon to get some petrol at the authorized bunk , must have been a bad exerience leaving your new car by the side of highway
Old 29th August 2007, 09:35   #5
BHPian

When did that happen bottle...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
yup i got my door banged and cars still not back after 20days and no indication of when its coming back either :P

congrats on ur car ndstud and do take it a bit easy during the first 2.5k kms

and not sure why the dealer never gave any coupon to get some petrol at the authorized bunk , must have been a bad exerience leaving your new car by the side of highway
Old 29th August 2007, 10:27   #6
Senior - BHPian

happened early august.. had posted in the chennai meet thread, heres some more info http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/546993-post277.html
Old 30th August 2007, 16:40   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND Stud View Post
And as for the mileage, I am using Xtra Premium and getting 9.22 in my first 1000 kms(calculated upto 2 decimal places).
N D Stud
Please use normal petrol for your Stile. Fiat does not recommend 91-octance petrol with additives for the Palio. Your car will perfom better with the normal petrol, trust me.
Old 30th August 2007, 23:49   #8
BHPian

Congratulations for your new car.

I also have heard that fiat parts are hard to source. Has anyone tried involving the higher management on this ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks