Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2013, 12:17   #496
BANNED

Re: Chevrolet Optra Magnum TCDi ... My new love ..!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojgautham View Post
There is a compressor pressure valve that needs to be changed. After changing the pressure valve at Kropex the cooling is fine. I spent about 3800
Hi Manoj. Thanks for the info. Do you have the bill of the item? I need the part number to take up the issue with the Chevy Gentry.
They might quote the compressor price fro the valve itself
Also, do you have any issue with the very low seating at the rear. All the elders have trouble. I think the rear seats don't have much in way of lumbar support as well.
Your thoughts!
Old 26th August 2013, 14:50   #497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestarry View Post
Hi Manoj. Thanks for the info. Do you have the bill of the item? I need the part number to take up the issue with the Chevy Gentry.
They might quote the compressor price fro the valve itself
Also, do you have any issue with the very low seating at the rear. All the elders have trouble. I think the rear seats don't have much in way of lumbar support as well.
Your thoughts!
I don't think I will have the bill. I advise you to call Kropex and speak to the spares guy. He should be able to look up the part number as this problem seems to be quite repetitive in Optras.
Yes, I agree that the front seats are more comfortable, however I haven't had anyone complaining on the rear seating yet.
Old 26th August 2013, 15:46   #498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestarry View Post

Hi,
A friend has an Optra Magnum Diesel which has the same issue with the AC. The effect has come down considerably and the back seat passengers are roasted alive. The AC seems to have a mind of its own. It is bad in the city but and totally underperforms the moment we hit the highway.
I had the same problem.Before I could get it checked,i ran the vehicle into some rocks and cracked the condensor.So was not able to conclude whether it is due to gas leakage earlier.After I got the condensor changed at Adithya A/C,the AC was working normally.They had not replaced anything else,but had done a thorough cleaning.
So my suggestion is to get it checked at an independent AC garage before going to a GM authorised service station.
Old 19th December 2013, 16:22   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nims View Post
I have the same problem. the GM people waited till my warranty period to get over till they made the dignostics that my solenoid cylinder switch was faulty and i had to replace it. i had specifically told them to check this same part when this problem started but they always returned the car after cleaning the brakes, and bleeding the brake lines saying this problem was rectified. but it the ABS light always came on after about 20km. Now after a lot of threatening i got them to replace it for me for free.
I am currently facing the same problem of pulsating feel while braking. My ABS indication is on most of the time. I don't get the pulsating feel while the ABS indication is on and at times it goes off and that's when the pulsating feel is felt. The ASS says that one of the front wheel ABS sensors is faulty and needs to be replaced, and once replaced only will come to know if anything else is wrong. Costing would be around Rs2750/- plus labour.

Not sure what to do.
Old 17th January 2014, 12:03   #500
BHPian

Dear BhPians,

my 2012 optra Magnum D had a bad time when it passed through the water clogged sankey road underpass during rain. Engine was siezed and it was rebuilt by Trident -Kalyan nagar (BLR). It had just done 20K KM.

It was the first experience for Trident guys with a Optra Magnum's engine work as this car is a trouble free one when comes to its engine performance.

Cost was 3.1 Lakhs and now I am in the initial 1000 KM running period.
Insurance guys (L&T insurance ) rejected the claim and I am approaching judiciary to get the justice.

Decided not to sell the car as it is almost new and more over its difficult to get a class vehicle in the 10-13 Lakhs price range. All others are the products of "cost cutting".

Anyone has any pointers for me ?
Old 20th February 2014, 10:55   #501
BHPian

Friends,
I own a Aug 2008 Model magnum diesel, which has done around 1.17 lakhs km. Since 2010, car is experiencing a strange problem. After driving at 140+ speed for 15-20 mins (especially on a hot afternoon), the car goes to limp mode, power drops, speed slowly drops to 100 kmph and engine check light comes on. Pedal position, gear change has no effect on the power. Need to restart the car to get the power back, only to be repeated in half an hour.

The car has gone through few modifications, tuning box (from petes) later replaced with a ECU remap(from TDI Racing) and a green cotton storm filter, which got later replaced with a stock filter. But I dont think the problem has been caused by these mods.

Service centers (tried with three of them) had no clue and every time they just reset the code. So i decided to get my hands dirty and procured a OBD2 blutooth adapter. Figured out the fault code from ECU

Fault code : p0299 (Turbocharger/Supercharger "A" Underboost Condition)
This link has more details. http://www.obd-codes.com/p0299.
It essentially points to issue with Turbo.

The following are the fault reports and freeze frames. (I assume freeze frame are the instantaneous sensor reading at the time the issue occurred)

Current Fault Log
------------------
P0299: Unknown code - More information may be available on the web
Pending Fault Log
------------------
ECU reports no pending faults
Historic Fault Log
------------------
ECU reports no historic faults
Other discovered fault codes
(possibly pending, current or manufacturer specific)
----------------------------------------------------
ECU reports no other fault codes logged

Freeze frame information:
------------------
Engine Load = 75.686 %
Engine Coolant Temperature = 83 °C
Intake Manifold Pressure = 27.412 psi
Engine RPM = 3,289 rpm
Speed (OBD) = 144 km/h
Intake Air Temperature = 16 °C
Mass Air Flow Rate = 99.77 g/s
Fuel Rail Pressure = 22,177.721 psi
Distance travelled since codes cleared = 5,120 km
Barometric pressure (from vehicle) = 13.343 psi
Voltage (Control Module) = 14.115 V
Accelerator PedalPosition D = 65.882 %

TBHP experts could help me in deciphering more from these data? If I a can pinpoint the fault, then I could tell the service center folks exactly that and direct them, as they were totally clue less all these time.

Last edited by kj302 : 20th February 2014 at 11:02.
Old 21st February 2014, 21:55   #502
BHPian

Have a question here.intake temperature at 16deg? Usually the temperature inside the hood(assuming the intake is warm due to proximity to engine) would be atleast 10 deg hotter than environment.Would you check intake temp once early in the morning? Then once more after you drive around? Is it reading the same in both cases?
Old 10th March 2014, 12:21   #503
BHPian

Hi All,

Do you see a cloud of black smoke when the car hits the turbo range. I see lot of smoke in the RVM when the turbo spools in. Interesting thing is that, after high revving for 5-6 times the smoke settles down and I dont see the smoke for a normal running of another 40 kms. Again, the same repeats. The car is stock and no ECU remap or tuning box installed. Anybody sense the same issue?
Old 17th April 2014, 11:35   #504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj302 View Post
Friends,
I own a Aug 2008 Model magnum diesel, which has done around 1.17 lakhs km. Since 2010, car is experiencing a strange problem. ------------------.
Hi kj, were you able to find out the root cause?
Old 13th June 2014, 15:32   #505
BHPian

I had given my car for servicing at 73k kms to Orange auto. They said car is over heating and they dont see leakage. They will have to open the head and cost can go upto 75k. I have got my car back without getting work done. i have not seen temp guage showing over heating ever.

Any suggestion where can i give for another check in Hyd?
Old 21st January 2015, 23:04   #506
BHPian

I need to buy new battery for my Optra Mangnum D. I have two choices in Amaron so not sure which one to go.

1) Amaron AAM-HW-HC620D31R
2) Amaron AAM-GO-00105D31R

Any suggestions?
Old 22nd January 2015, 11:56   #507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj302 View Post
Friends,
I own a Aug 2008 Model magnum diesel, which has done around 1.17 lakhs km. Since 2010, car is experiencing a strange problem. After driving at 140+ speed for 15-20 mins (especially on a hot afternoon), the car goes to limp mode, power drops, speed slowly drops to 100 kmph and engine check light comes on. Pedal position, gear change has no effect on the power. Need to restart the car to get the power back, only to be repeated in half an hour.

The car has gone through few modifications, tuning box (from petes) later replaced with a ECU remap(from TDI Racing) and a green cotton storm filter, which got later replaced with a stock filter. But I dont think the problem has been caused by these mods.

Service centers (tried with three of them) had no clue and every time they just reset the code. So i decided to get my hands dirty and procured a OBD2 blutooth adapter. Figured out the fault code from ECU

Fault code : p0299 (Turbocharger/Supercharger "A" Underboost Condition)
This link has more details. http://www.obd-codes.com/p0299.
It essentially points to issue with Turbo.

The following are the fault reports and freeze frames. (I assume freeze frame are the instantaneous sensor reading at the time the issue occurred)

Current Fault Log
------------------
P0299: Unknown code - More information may be available on the web
Pending Fault Log
------------------
ECU reports no pending faults
Historic Fault Log
------------------
ECU reports no historic faults
Other discovered fault codes
(possibly pending, current or manufacturer specific)
----------------------------------------------------
ECU reports no other fault codes logged

Freeze frame information:
------------------
Engine Load = 75.686 %
Engine Coolant Temperature = 83 °C
Intake Manifold Pressure = 27.412 psi
Engine RPM = 3,289 rpm
Speed (OBD) = 144 km/h
Intake Air Temperature = 16 °C
Mass Air Flow Rate = 99.77 g/s
Fuel Rail Pressure = 22,177.721 psi
Distance travelled since codes cleared = 5,120 km
Barometric pressure (from vehicle) = 13.343 psi
Voltage (Control Module) = 14.115 V
Accelerator PedalPosition D = 65.882 %

TBHP experts could help me in deciphering more from these data? If I a can pinpoint the fault, then I could tell the service center folks exactly that and direct them, as they were totally clue less all these time.
My car was facing the same issue a year back, it used to go to safe mode and would regain lost pickup only after restarting the car. The frequency of going to safe mode increased and finally one day car refused to start.

The culprit was failed fuel pump. You should get yours also checked...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks