Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2010, 16:42   #421
BHPian

He just said electric failure and it can just happen.
Old 20th April 2010, 16:49   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeo View Post
While i was driving last week , ECM failure light came up. I called the service center and they tool my car to service station. They then informed me its a fuel filter failure and i need to replace it at my cost of 22k. I was shocked to hear that as my car just did 30 Kms and i get regularly serviced. They said failure can happen because of electric failure and nothing can be done. They said few captivas also had the same issue. He said as the car was out of warranty , i need to pay it. I told him its ridiculous if I need to pay this. It went without an hint of it and best part is i got the car serviced only 200kms before it happened. I then requested him to check with company to change under warranty. He said it will not happen but he will try if i insist. I then called him in evening and he said i will change it now but if something goes wrong then i need to pay. I agreed. They fixed and returned me the car only charging for break down around Rs 600.

Now i am not sure if i should feel happy or not. I feel they had to change but just made me feel they doing an obligation by not charging me or he really helped me to get it replaced with out charging me.
Points highlighted above hint to me that its a faulty part supplied by GM and they are ignorant enough to replace it only when it fails. They will normally charge you for it but if you push then may be its FOC for you.

When will you be informed if you are payable or not?
Old 20th April 2010, 17:05   #423
BHPian

Isn't your car covered under the 3yrs unlimited kms package that Chevy offers?
Old 20th April 2010, 17:08   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
Isn't your car covered under the 3yrs unlimited kms package that Chevy offers?
dude, that offer was only for petrol optras (and it was 3yr; 1Lakh km)

For diesels it was 2yr/45K km.
Old 23rd April 2010, 10:01   #425
BHPian

Pulsating feeling on the brakes

Since last 2 days, I feel a pulsating effect on the brake pedal. This is felt in medium or hard braking. The pulsating effect is quite noticable even by the passenger. No ABS fault shown.

My last service was 800km back and the brake pads and disks were ok. Recommended change was in the next service.

Did you guys have any such symptom earlier? What was the diagnosis?
Old 23rd April 2010, 20:24   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
Since last 2 days, I feel a pulsating effect on the brake pedal. This is felt in medium or hard braking. The pulsating effect is quite noticable even by the passenger. No ABS fault shown.

My last service was 800km back and the brake pads and disks were ok. Recommended change was in the next service.

Did you guys have any such symptom earlier? What was the diagnosis?
my friend had a similar problem in his accord v6.in his car it was because of some problem in the master cylinder of disc brakes.
Old 23rd April 2010, 20:42   #427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang89 View Post
my friend had a similar problem in his accord v6.in his car it was because of some problem in the master cylinder of disc brakes.
master cylinder was replaced 5000km back. What could be the other reasons?
Old 31st July 2010, 22:44   #428
BHPian

Quote:
master cylinder was replaced 5000km back. What could be the other reasons?
Check front wheel balance.
Old 6th August 2010, 21:50   #429
BHPian

ECM lights on

I have a Peted Magnum with Green Cotton Storm filter. On highways, I tend to drive little fast. At certain times, the ECM light comes on and experiences significant loss of power. RPM drops to 2000-2500 (irrespective of the gear) and speed drops to 100 km/hr. All I have to do to recover is to restart. The power comes back full. ECM light stays on and eventually goes off. (in few hours upto few days). I have experienced the following pattern.

1. More frequent with full load (4 people)
2. Most of the times happens when, I brake hard and try to accelerate again.
3. Happens even if I remove the petes box. but with lesser frequency. (But with the GC storm sill on)

I clean the air filter pretty regularly and tried re-fitting petes box. Has anybody experienced similar issue? Any advice will be helpful.
Old 19th August 2010, 18:10   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeo View Post
He just said electric failure and it can just happen.
I had the same issue of fuel pump failing at 24 k Kms. The service guy told me that the first magnum series had faulty pump and is being replaced. I got mine replaced on warranty.

Its been 6000 km since and the car rocks
Old 20th August 2010, 16:46   #431
BHPian

I had the same issue. I was stuck in a long jam for about an hour. Suddenly the malfunction light came on. I switched-off the car and restarted it again. The malfunction light was still on. e

I was a long way-off from home so I continued driving. The next day I decided to take it to the sevice station, but voila the light did not come-on. I still decided to take it to the service station.

They checked and said there was no error and that everything was working fine. Don't know how the Optra self-healed itself. I have clocked almost 4k KMs after that with no trace of the light.[FONT=Helv][SIZE=2][FONT=Helv][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
Old 20th August 2010, 23:13   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj302 View Post
I have a Peted Magnum with Green Cotton Storm filter. On highways, I tend to drive little fast. At certain times, the ECM light comes on and experiences significant loss of power. RPM drops to 2000-2500 (irrespective of the gear) and speed drops to 100 km/hr. All I have to do to recover is to restart. The power comes back full. ECM light stays on and eventually goes off. (in few hours upto few days). I have experienced the following pattern.

1. More frequent with full load (4 people)
2. Most of the times happens when, I brake hard and try to accelerate again.
3. Happens even if I remove the petes box. but with lesser frequency. (But with the GC storm sill on)

I clean the air filter pretty regularly and tried re-fitting petes box. Has anybody experienced similar issue? Any advice will be helpful.
I had the same problem with the green filter storm in my magnum
the filter sucks in a lot of dirt and dust which is detected by the sensor located just after the air filter which sets of the ECM light
only solution was to fit the stock air filter back
now my green filter storm is back in the box it came in and stored away on top of the cupboard
Old 21st August 2010, 21:58   #433

Fuel Pump Failure on my Optra at 35K

Quote:
Points highlighted above hint to me that its a faulty part supplied by GM and they are ignorant enough to replace it only when it fails. They will normally charge you for it but if you push then may be its FOC for you.

When will you be informed if you are payable or not?
I also faced the same problem with my optra magnum at around 35K kilometres. Sundaram motors said that it is an electronic part and will cost me around 25K. I fought really hard with them and they agreed to replace it at half the price. I think there seems to be a larger problem across multiple vehicles.
Old 26th August 2010, 18:22   #434
BHPian

faulty pump identification

If your magnum has a blue label on the top of the fuel pump, it means that the pump is the faulty one.
the fuel pump on my optra magnum has gone faulty.it has run 24,600k and is 2yrs and 6 months old. GM kottayam has agreed to request their HQ of the problem. the cost of repairs is 23000/-. We will fight to the death to get it done free. Another problem with my magnum is the brake pulsating when braking with a heavy grating sound followed by ABS failing completely. then the ABS sign on the dash lights up. i have checked the discs, pads, oiled the brakes,bled the brake lines.this was done during the guarantee period.it never resolved the problem. i strongly believe this is a problem with the brake solenoid.
Old 7th October 2010, 13:23   #435
BHPian

I had got my car serviced at 35000kms. During that they said break pads have completely worn out and i got it replaced. Now I have done around 500 kms after serice and i get a "tic tic tic" sound from front wheel when i turn the car left. I remember i use to get such issues during my Maruti 800 days and i had to replace the drive shaft.

Is this anything to do with replacing of break pads and is it drive shaft issue?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks