Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2007, 17:05   #16
BHPian

the waiting period is 20 days at kochi, and yes it is a good one too, might be very comfortable for long drives. But I turned it down because it just didnt seem to be VFM at that price. If one is ready to forget that thought it is a car like no other one in the market now. I actually went to the ford showroom first time to TD the fiesta and saw the name FusionD on their price board and had the first TD here but some how couldnt reconcile to the price and bare equipment levels. Alex keep us updated on ur fusion experience.
Old 10th October 2007, 09:21   #17

Turbo is the great answer.

Well he diesel might have an intial lag when compared to petrol, but the turbo that kicks in at 2000 rpm to produce 160 nm torque should see u through any traffic snarl, well ahead of others.

Also beware, one need to rev up the engine if you are moving from first to the second gear in a critically low spead, especially up-hill....
Old 10th October 2007, 11:27   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Senoj View Post
9. Petrol lid is open when u realease the central locking, no fumbline beneath your seat to source the lever any more !!!
Can you explain this bit . Does it mean whenever you release central lock (to get out of the car), the petrol lid opens???
Old 10th October 2007, 11:32   #19
Team-BHP Support

sids, what he meant here is when the Central locking is unarmed, the petrol cap also remains unlocked. So, ideally when your on the move, you would have your doors locked, and the petrol cap also in the locked state. When the doors are unlocked, same with the petrol cap. There is no seperate need for a lever/switch for the same.

This is also how it works on my Ikon.
Old 10th October 2007, 12:28   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
sids, what he meant here is when the Central locking is unarmed, the petrol cap also remains unlocked. So, ideally when your on the move, you would have your doors locked, and the petrol cap also in the locked state. When the doors are unlocked, same with the petrol cap. There is no seperate need for a lever/switch for the same.

This is also how it works on my Ikon.
That is how it works on the Fiesta too !! So if you wanna play a prank on a pal owning a Ford, you could stand next to his car and prop open his petrol lid when his doors are unlocked, just to give him a jolt
Old 10th October 2007, 12:37   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
I can also definately vouch for the fact that it is built well and very safe. My neighbour's horrific accident at 140 kph and he and his daughter coming out without a scratch proves it.
Well, Ford build quality I guess. But that sounds scary Dippy, what happened?
Old 11th October 2007, 10:22   #22
NIP
Senior - BHPian

yea dippy...what happened in the accident ?! i'f really love to know...especially since i'm awating delivery of the Fusion TDCi...
Old 23rd November 2007, 11:41   #23

Any Bangaloreans can tell me what is the On road price of the Ford TDCi?
Old 27th November 2007, 13:53   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Senoj View Post

Most people discouraged me for the price and kept saying , Look at the Swift diesel available at 6.0 laks on road . But let me tell you Swift is no way close to Ford Fusion diesel. Le me list out those salient features

15. No wrinkled clothes when you are out of the car even while driving.... a great feature for self-drive executives like me.
Its a driver's pleasure
Hi there, I do agree that Swift is no way close to Ford Fusion. But if you look it at that way a Endeavour is no way to close to Ford Fusion. Or for that matter a Vitara. What I am trying to tell is that both vehicles fall in different categories and you cannot make a just comparison.

I don't understand the wrinkled clothes concept. Any car/SUV requires a sitting position, which does induce some amount of wrinkles (unless of course you are wearing totally wrinke free clothes) and strapping your seat belt would induce some amount of crease on the shirt. How different is it here?
Old 28th November 2007, 23:21   #25
BHPian

Not yet driven the fusion, but can vouch for the swift d it is simply amazing, the turbo kickin in gives a feel of playing nfs carbo...
Old 28th November 2007, 23:51   #26
Team-BHP Support

Nice to hear they have improved the suspension. I had considered the Fusion many times until I caught the 4WD bug. But the horrible ride quality report from members put me off. Have fun with your ride man.

BTW, what is the on-road price in Bangalore?
Old 29th November 2007, 10:52   #27
NIP
Senior - BHPian

the ride quality is quite decent actually. maybe a little on the harder side, but nothing to complain about. on-road price in bangalore for the TDCi fusion is 7.8L.
Old 8th December 2007, 12:07   #28

hey guys fusion is indeed a great thing to indian roads ,its rock steady on roads ,i have petrol 1.6 duratec and its the boss ! ahmedabad xpress highway 93kms i completed it in 37 minutes , with no car dare to approach for an overtake nor a civic , camry, optra ,no one . reached bombay (from ahmedabad) 570 kms in 7 hours at nigth drive . you never votice when you get to 115 120 kmph its easy petrol gives me 10-11 kms in city and 16 on highway sounds resonable i stay in ahmedabad and roads are a mixed blessing .and top it up with a total maintenance plan for 2 or 3yrs and you are invincible just tank up and drive nothing else ,nothing else!! really!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks