Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2007, 14:30   #1

FORD FUSION 1.4 TDCi - Its Ford's break through!!

Well,
I own a Ford Fusion 1.4 TDCi since a month and did get it in a giffy considering the long waiting list ( 6.5 months ) that you have these days for the vehicle.

At the begining I fell for the Vehicle's Shape, SUV Foot print and the Well proportioned interiors.

Most people discouraged me for the price and kept saying , Look at the Swift diesel available at 6.0 laks on road . But let me tell you Swift is no way close to Ford Fusion diesel. Le me list out those salient features

1. Amazing callibration of the engine, 160 Nm at 2000 rpm is what you exactly require in City Driving.
2. 110 Kmph is just nothing for the fusion, u never know when you made it.
3. Stearing response is amazing. the tough-stirdy handling gives a phenomenal feel of strength and road grip.
4. Rear leg room is just right - since its more like a bench sitting, one would have ample space to relax
5. Ground Clearance is amazing.... just forget potholes
6. A strange comaprison though..... the drive reaction you get is just like a Volvo Bus.....One could say Fusion is the volvo for cars !!!
7. Wiper sinchronisation is great
8. Remote boot opener is a great feature, many a times u end up using this facility.
9. Petrol lid is open when u realease the central locking, no fumbline beneath your seat to source the lever any more !!!
10. a SUV stance, hence a great view of road ahead..... this adds to driving comfort.
11. very easy to dock into those croony parking lots.
12. A vey comfortable sitting posture.
13. A slient diesel engine... gives many petrol cousins a run for their money.
14. All doors have provision for 5"X7" ovals, no need for boxes at the back... unless you are a total boom---boom freak.
15. No wrinkled clothes when you are out of the car even while driving.... a great feature for self-drive executives like me.
16. large boot space 337 to 1175 ltrs
17. milleage by any acount 15 with A/C in city......with 25 % 1st gear drive
well all factors in perspective, the Fusion diesel is a real value for Money,dont worry about the money... i have done a fair comparison, with all the added features its VFM.

Its a driver's pleasure
Alexander Senoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2007, 15:00   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Thats a very good choice. The D Swift had pretty much masked other competent diesels around it. But 6.5 months waiting list for the D Fusion ?!
Old 24th September 2007, 15:06   #3
Senior - BHPian

Nice choice.
How much did it cost ON ROAD??
Old 24th September 2007, 15:14   #4
Senior - BHPian

Fusion was always a good buy but underestimated, with Diesel its a killer but yet to touch the hearts of indian buyers.
Old 24th September 2007, 15:17   #5
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic review Alex. I really didnt know that the car has such a long waiting period. There are many who look upon the Fusion as a mini SUV. I can also definately vouch for the fact that it is built well and very safe. My neighbour's horrific accident at 140 kph and he and his daughter coming out without a scratch proves it.

Hope to see you updating this thread. Some pictures of your car would be nice too.

Enjoy your car.
Old 24th September 2007, 15:41   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Senoj View Post
Most people discouraged me for the price and kept saying , Look at the Swift diesel available at 6.0 laks on road . But let me tell you Swift is no way close to Ford Fusion diesel. Le me list out those salient features

1. Amazing callibration of the engine, 160 Nm at 2000 rpm is what you exactly require in City Driving.
Says who? How does 190nm@2000 rpm sound?

Quote:
2. 110 Kmph is just nothing for the fusion, u never know when you made it.
3. Stearing response is amazing. the tough-stirdy handling gives a phenomenal feel of strength and road grip.
Have you ever driven a Swift D?

Quote:
4. Rear leg room is just right - since its more like a bench sitting, one would have ample space to relax
5. Ground Clearance is amazing.... just forget potholes
Fusion outscores Swift in these fronts, I guess.

Quote:
6. A strange comaprison though..... the drive reaction you get is just like a Volvo Bus.....One could say Fusion is the volvo for cars !!!
7. Wiper sinchronisation is great
WHAAT !! Fusion @ Volvo bus - Is there a comparison? Maybe, on the body roll front, perhaps?

Quote:
Its a driver's pleasure
What's the Swift, then? I agree that Fusion has it's virtues, but so has the Swift D. Let's leave it at that.
Old 24th September 2007, 15:43   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

I think another area where the D Fusion outscores the D/P Swift is interior rattles, or lack of thereof
Old 24th September 2007, 15:53   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
I think another area where the D Fusion outscores the D/P Swift is interior rattles, or lack of thereof

I got irritated with the rattles while driving a Swift D which was spoiling all the fun of the fantastic diesel engine it had.. It was TD vehicle which had done 3.2k kms only.
Old 24th September 2007, 16:26   #9
Senior - BHPian

I wonder how Fusion would perform if fitted with Swift Diesel's 190 NM motor. Internationally, Fusion Diesel comes with a 90 BHP, 204 NM 1.6 motor. Any chance of that being launched here? Should be possible if the current 1.4 motor is an import, with no dies or tooling to change.

Check this for a review of Fusion 1.6 TDCI:

Ford FUSION 1.6 TDCi : ON A LONG FUSE - Yahoo! Cars

Last edited by directinjection : 24th September 2007 at 16:31.
Old 1st October 2007, 10:53   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
Says who? How does 190nm@2000 rpm sound?

Have you ever driven a Swift D?

yes i have,

Fusion outscores Swift in these fronts, I guess.

true !

WHAAT !! Fusion @ Volvo bus - Is there a comparison? Maybe, on the body roll front, perhaps?

Yes , you would feel the reaction, it gives on a short grip acceleration

What's the Swift, then? I agree that Fusion has it's virtues, but so has the Swift D. Let's leave it at that.
well its more important to know those inherent features of Fusion that outshines the swift and hence the comparison need to be arrested ..... at the moment they are being only compared for their price as both are diesel.
Old 1st October 2007, 12:12   #11
Senior - BHPian

All this is OK......but Waiting for 6.5 months is terrible :( Is the Fusion has so much demand ???
Old 1st October 2007, 14:56   #12

well the waiting period is largely becuase of excessive booking and low import rates . At the moment the latest i know is that there is a waiting period of 12 to 15 weeks.

Well you need to choos the dealer. Socme dealers hae exhorbitant waiting period. At Metro OFrd i was told a minimum of 2.5 months whereas i got the car deliverd by cauvery ford in 20 days.
Old 1st October 2007, 16:35   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
At Metro OFrd i was told a minimum of 2.5 months whereas i got the car deliverd by cauvery ford in 20 days.
Eh! Metro Ford.Every time i hear that name i get scared of owning a ford. I've heard the suspension setup in the new fusions (2007 versions) have been changed to improve ride comfort. WEll if that works out the fusion would be one hell of a car worth driving.
Old 1st October 2007, 17:03   #14

I test drove the Fusion TDCi this weekend. The suspensions were pretty good, took it over a bumpy stretch.
Cauvery Ford said the waiting period is 2 months, he suggested you give an option of 2 colors so that you may get it earlier.
After driving a petrol, the pickup did seem a bit on the downside. But them the dealer is claiming that existing TDCi owners are getting 17.5 mileage with A/c on in Bangalore city. So sounds good.
Old 1st October 2007, 17:05   #15
Senior - BHPian

I am told even Swift diesel has a waiting period of 6 months.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks