Team-BHP - Ohc Vtec Report At 1,60,000
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   Ohc Vtec Report At 1,60,000 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/30099-ohc-vtec-report-1-60-000-a.html)

Well Its About time I wrote about my second car. The OHC VTEC.

I had the 2002 Esteem LIMITED edition which was giving too many problems to us.
My brother was about to sell his OHC VTEC. This is when my dad decided to keep the OHC VTEC and sell the Esteem.
I Got the Car when it was about 1,50000 kms old. and After 8 months of usage today the car clocked 160000 ( As told By My Driver)

Well I did nearly 5000 of that 10000 kms. And It Was Like Wow.

The Car is a beast. Though the parts are outta shape. Loads of dents and scratches on the car. Both OVRMS damaged 2 dayz back(1 was stolen and 1 broken by my drunk friend)

The Car Still Runs Like Crazy.
The Last Fuel Efficiency Check Gave Me a Reasonable 9.2 kmpl.

The Car has great handling and the feel of the OHC VTEC is much better than that of the New. The Car Is Rattling a bit due to being run in bad potholes but would always love the car. Having clocked a 160(had to turn left ) at the Greater Noida Expressway , I had this feeling of great handling and safety despite absense of ABS and Airbags.

Honda Seil Definitely Had a Winner.
Cheers

Abhinav

OOOOOOOO ... thats a pretty good mileage on Honda city
Can you please pour in more detailed report about your car
thanks

i think this is the vtec that has clocked the most miles on the forum. even more than iraghavas dhanno.lol:

Quote:

i think this is the vtec that has clocked the most miles on the forum.
Yeah prob, coz my Vtec at 64,000 kms doesn't even come close. But it's good to know that even at 160K kms, the car is still in great shape.

9.2 kmpl is really impressive considering the mileage and the state of the car. A thorough service and a few change of parts should up that figure by atleast 2-3 kmpl.

Shan2nu

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shan2nu (Post 596088)
Yeah prob, coz my Vtec at 64,000 kms doesn't even come close. But it's good to know that even at 160K kms, the car is still in great shape.

9.2 kmpl is really impressive considering the mileage and the state of the car. A thorough service and a few change of parts should up that figure by atleast 2-3 kmpl.

Shan2nu

My OHC bought in 2001 has done about 125000 km and of this 120000 km was done in 5 years till sept. end 2oo6, till I bought a new Civic and put that in daily use. The Civic has done nearly 24000 km.

OHC is an excellent piece of machinery, they probably don't make it like that nowdays, though it does lack in the goodies department. The only thing replaced mechanically (except the wearable parts like tyres, filters, break pad, wiper etc.) is 1 rear shocker at about 75000 km. Most of my driving is Highway driving. NO RATTLES even till date WOWWWWWW!!. Minimal maintenance. Very low cost of ownership. Will not sell it even now.

This experience is what made me go in for a Civic. BUTTTTTT!!!

Well I think most of you know my issues with the Civic from my posts in the earlier thread.

Here's hoping that they improve the Civic to Indian (MY :Frustrati ) conditions.

Well, well, well I though my poor old Dhanno was the highest mileage VTEC on the forum but turns out I was wrong! Anyways considering his daily usage, I will have in all porbability taken over him in the next two months as my car does around 4k every month & the odo currently stands at around 154,400kms!

And that FE is a trifle low man, dhanno usually gives around 10-12 kmpl in City (100% A/C) & between 12-14 kmpl (again 100% A/C) with figures sometimes touching around 16 kmpl when I'm travelling with my mum & hence, driving relatively sedatively!

Speaking of FE, we did a 210km trip to Belgaum n back last weekend. The roads are awesome (4 lane expressway) and i was keeping it between 120-140kmph (with some revv matching while downshifting). I wasn't really expecting much from the car as the clutch is wearing out, the O2 sensor is concked and the car has been due for it's 60K km service (yup, 4K kms over due).

And yet, we used up just 11 ltrs for the 210km trip. That adds up to around 19.02kmpl (with 100% A/C)!!! The previos best with 100% A/C was 18.6 (2 lane highway)

Had the car been in top shape, it would have crossed the 20kmpl mark for sure. Expressways seem to really favour the Vtec engine as it hardly uses any fuel till the high lift lobes are activated at about 4200 rpm (140 on the Vtec comes at around 3900-4000rpm in 5th).

Shan2nu

Amazing how OHC Vtec owners only love their cars as they age. My Vtec is probably one of the youngest on board with 5xxxx kms. And its really not being driven much with barely 800 - 1000 kms a month now.

Have you seen Mansons OHC thread?

1,60,000 !! Thats a record on the forum I think. Nice report and you semm to be enjoying the car even more. The more drive an OHC the more you fall in love with it. Well atleast I am. Hope to see more updates from you in this thread. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shan2nu (Post 596270)
And yet, we used up just 11 ltrs for the 210km trip. That adds up to around 19.02kmpl (with 100% A/C)!!! The previos best with 100% A/C was 18.6 (2 lane highway)

3900-4000rpm in 5th).

Shan2nu

Shan ...
That's a good mileage.
I too got 19.5kmpl on my 1.3OHC from Belur-Hassan - Bangalore with 5 ppl n loads of luggage
In City driving it's 12 -13kmpl

Quote:

I had this feeling of great handling and safety despite absense of ABS and Airbags.
rl:

When i read you saying the highest mileage on the forum, iraglings came to my mind, his Vtec is the oldest, yet very very well maintained one.

Thanks Guys. I Love this Car. Will Try My Best to not sell it. I think 9.5 is decent. I personally did not see the highway mileage but i guess should give me around 12-13.
By The Way Goes Whats the bhp and torque of the OHC VTEC

Power - 106bhp@6800rpm
Torque - 132NM@4700rpm

Quote:

By The Way Goes Whats the bhp and torque of the OHC VTEC
Stock figures read 106bhp@6800rpm and 132nm@4700rpm. 7 years down the line and it still holds the record for being the most powerful 1.5-1.6Ltr NA engine in India.

Shan2nu

106 bhp. I thought that the speedy would be about 120bhp because it runs like one. But None the less a very light car with a great engine figures. Simply Love The Car.
And Ya , I am about to give it some new bumper looks by either getting the scratches and dents done , or getting a new one.