Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2006, 11:23   #31
BHPian

To Sunith: hey sunith... pm Insane Devil if you really intrested in going in for a sierra. That was my first choice till he told me that it's maintainance is pretty high. And from what he told me, it seems its various components continously keep giving up on you. He said you can get one well within 70,000. If you ready to take on the responsibility of maintaining this baby, go right ahead... but remember, this car costs to maintain.
but one things for sure... is car sure is a LOOKER!!!

To Dippy: I totally agree with you. The car might gain practicality but loses it's character. On the other hand, I've seen some real good gull jobs done on the sierra here, you can hardly make out that gull doors have been put in!

godspeed.

Alok
Old 23rd January 2006, 11:25   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy
I agree Steeroid . Even in Mumbai there are people who have done similar things or added two extra doors but then the Sierra loses its character doesnt it?
No it doesnt. From the outside you cannot make out that it has an opening and the gull wing ensures that your large fixed glass on the side is retained. Stock sierra from outside....until you open that door dramatically.

This chap does it for customers all over India. He has quite a few film-star and MLA clients from AP and Karnataka too.

He has also done some other mods on the Sierra, like giving it an entirely new nose with new headlamps and grilles, giving a few nips and tucks to the tailgate (creating a depression for the spare wheel so that it doesnt jut out quite so much, amongst other things)... some of those jobs are excellent, some have just been so-so and some are very very bling bling on orders from the client.

Last edited by Steeroid : 23rd January 2006 at 11:29.
Old 23rd January 2006, 16:21   #33
BHPian

i remember seein a 4WD sierra turbo which was selling for 2.25l negotiable when i was scouting for cars a few months back. I ended up buying a baleno then. I am not sure if its still available. Though i have contacted the dealer and asked him to track it down. Is 2.25l too much. It s got mags and is fully loaded.
Old 24th January 2006, 05:13   #34
Senior - BHPian

Sierra is still very special to me. there is something very macho about a 2-door SUV that nothing else can match. But its a dying breed. After the demise of the 2-door Pajero, Yukon, Blazer and the Patrol I dont know what left anymore.

Last edited by Mpower : 24th January 2006 at 05:14.
Old 24th January 2006, 11:31   #35
BHPian

ok finally managed to track him down
its a 2000 sept make.
has got a 10CD changer
power windows,woofer and amp
power mirrors
power steering ,etc
limited edition version
says he s selling it for 2.2l negotiable
should i take it ?
Old 24th January 2006, 11:38   #36
BHPian

To sunith: I think that's way too much for the car. 1-1.5L mabe, but not more than than because the value of the car has depreciated quite a bit, esp. since they stopped manufacturing it a long time back! Anyway thats my personal opinion, lets here what the real experts here have to say about it.

godspeed.

alok.
Old 24th January 2006, 14:01   #37
BHPian

do you get sierra turbos for less than 1.5 l????
Old 24th January 2006, 17:11   #38
Senior - BHPian

Sunith Reddy, meet Alok Yepuri. Also of Nagarjuna, ICSE 2000 and ISC 2002(?)!!!

Last edited by v1p3r : 24th January 2006 at 17:17.
Old 24th January 2006, 17:13   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider4385
To sunith: I think that's way too much for the car. 1-1.5L mabe, but not more than than because the value of the car has depreciated quite a bit, esp. since they stopped manufacturing it a long time back! Anyway thats my personal opinion, lets here what the real experts here have to say about it.

godspeed.

alok.
Its a 4WD, and 4WDs from Tata usually cost at least a lakh more than their 4x2 versions. Hence the premium????
Old 24th January 2006, 17:18   #40
Senior - BHPian

Hey, come to think of it, if you can get it for 1.5 or so, maybe you should go for it. If it's 4WD...though whether you will ever use 4WD is another thing altogether...
Old 24th January 2006, 17:39   #41
BHPian

[SIZE=2]To steeroid: But is this premium justified for cars that are not only discontinued, but also have inherent problems from the start? <Just a doubt steer, im not trying to go against what you said>[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]And from what I heard from a guy who works in my office ( he used to be a dealer in 2nd hand cars), it seems that even the turbo version has a gearbox problem, esp. with the ring type system, while shifting in to reverse. He also confirmed that 2.2L was way too much for it, even with the extra fittings (mags, the audio system, et al) Guess dippy would be the best person to answer this.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]To Sunith: Hey man, how much ever i'm trying to rack my brains I sure cant remember you. Name sounds wildly familiar though. Good to have you here anyway! This increases the count of HPS (B) products to 4! (2 from nagarjuna, 1 from nalanda and one from vijaynagar)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]To v1p3r: ISC 2002 is right... when to Delhi after that if you recollect![/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]godspeed.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Alok.[/SIZE]
Old 24th January 2006, 18:48   #42
BHPian

icse 2000 ???
thats our batch right?
i dont remember you alok...anyways hi
Old 24th January 2006, 21:50   #43
BHPian

To Sunith: Like I said... I don't seem to remember you either. I was in "M" from the 6th to the 9th (same as rohit kumar, im sure u remember him!) and was in 10A after that. Well, anyway, if you need any help choosing a car, pm insane devil... he'll surly help help you.

godspeed.

Alok
Old 24th January 2006, 23:24   #44
Senior - BHPian

Sunith will remember Vamsi Krishna, Suresh, and Seham more. We were in E, (yes the infamous 10 E) and we got the end of the roll-call list when 9 M got split up.

Bhelpuri, check this out...brings back memories: http://pursuitofliberation.blogspot.com/

Mods, sorry for going waayyyy off topic!!! But I guess another feather in TBHP's cap, bringing old school friends together!
Old 25th January 2006, 09:52   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Sunith will remember Vamsi Krishna, Suresh, and Seham more. We were in E, (yes the infamous 10 E) and we got the end of the roll-call list when 9 M got split up.

Bhelpuri, check this out...brings back memories: http://pursuitofliberation.blogspot.com/

Mods, sorry for going waayyyy off topic!!! But I guess another feather in TBHP's cap, bringing old school friends together!
yeah ..agree with that...even i bumped into one of my ex-colleagues from banglore on this site by chance...

~A

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks