Team-BHP - Cedia SPIRIT - running report - now 5000 km
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   Cedia SPIRIT - running report - now 5000 km (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/30930-cedia-spirit-running-report-now-5000-km.html)

Well, my 1000 km service came up last week after about a month of driving around in Chennai city. Almost raining everyday, driving over muddy pot holes, flooded T.Nagar streets, detours at road repairs and I have been driving a bit rough to test the suspension's ability to cope up with pot holes and road-digs/ mounds.

The car rides like a four-wheel drive. Many say it is bumpy over rough roads, but if it doesn't bump, it's suspension would give way or the bottoms will hit the stones.. so, bumpy ride was ok for me, as long as the car cleared over the bumps and mounds without any scratch below or touch on the side-air dams. The individual suspensions did well over pot-holes.

I fixed up appointment with ACT India, Thiruvanmiyur and the driver picked up my car from my home, (about 10 km away from the show room). The service was done before 3.30 pm and car was promptly delivered by evening at home. No compaints. They gave me some guidelines to clean the car, what cloth to use etc., overall they gave me a clean-chit for keeping the car clean and neat.!!!

Post service ride: The engine seemed to be a bit more silent and gear shifts was smoother.

One of the shorcomings I felt was the horn. Its in the center and you have to lift a hand either form the wheel or from the gear stick to use the horn. It might be to deter the driver from using horn too frequentely, but in Indian city conditions, nobody can drive without honking... can they?

Another was the silent remote key. They key locks and opens, but no audible alarm is fitted. So, one must make sure he locked the car by hearing the feable cluck of the lock itself, or the visual alarms through the blinkers. Even lil-bitty Santro's have audio-visual confirmatin of remote, Mitsubishi should think of providing this in their cars too...

I already have few scratches on my side view mirrors and got it hit / tilted forward by quite a few cyclists / auto rickshaws / two wheelers and I have kind of accustomed to it by now... Otherwise, I have been driving through with much ease through Chennai city roads. I am really surprised the drivability and control in this car, to maneuver turns, negotiate U turns, accelerate and brake wherever I got a bit of free-road, the Cedia seems to leave everyothee vehicle else behind.

If you are in Chennai and try watching my Red Cedia SPIRIT winding through the traffic, you will know for yourself.

Not surprisingly, Ihave spotted M Red Cedia Sports, Blue Cedia Elegance, Gray Cedia Sports, and all of them too seemingly swomming through the sea of traffic just like Fish in Water..

Quote:

Originally Posted by RajaTaurus (Post 616982)
Not surprisingly, Ihave spotted M Red Cedia Sports, Blue Cedia Elegance, Gray Cedia Sports, and all of them too seemingly swomming through the sea of traffic just like Fish in Water..

wow neat ! does the cedia come with some kinda 'fish mode' button !? kinda reminds me of that old autorickshaw cartoon that used to be on TV a few years ago :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by NIP (Post 617338)
wow neat ! does the cedia come with some kinda 'fish mode' button !? kinda reminds me of that old autorickshaw cartoon that used to be on TV a few years ago :D

hahaha.. The 'Fish Mode" button is standard equipment Cedia offers and when you sit behind the wheel and fasten the seatbelt, the equipment is fitted on YOU...
And Off You Go... Swimming...

Raja,

Mitsubishi has a few things they can add to the Cedia, the next time they decide to take up minor modifications.

What are the FE figures before and after the service?

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBlazer (Post 618121)
Raja,
What are the FE figures before and after the service?

Well, I have pushed it close to 375 kms after first fill of 42 liters and just had my tank filled again with another 42 Liters... The reserve light comes up at 320 kms on the trip-meter. by rouogh calculations, leave about 10 liters reserve, it works out to 10 kmpl. It could be a bit more, but for the chaotic traffic in Chennai. It takes 60 minutes to home of 17 kms. and out of that about 45 minutes in either First or Second gear.

I am planning to take him for a long ride and find out how he does on FE.
Will keep posted..

RajaTaurus, congrats on your new Cedia! Sure must be fun to drive around!!
As regards the 'queek queek' sound when operating the remote, I find it very disturbing---any guy in our complex who wants to go out for a late night drive really disturbs our sleep.
Most European cars do not have this disturbing sound feature, and so do many cars in India. My Fiesta does not have it, and I am happy about it.

Dear Vnabhi,
Agree with you it disturbs others sometimes... But, in Camry/Accord/Magna/Maxima and in most of European cars, it is combined with theft alarm and Car locator in Parking lot. It helps you to make sure the car locked when you use the remote, especially, in tight parking spots when you leave the car and move away and want to know the car is properly locked or not.

New SUZUKI-Vitara in Middle East gives a new feature. i.e., Proximity remote sensor system and it is becoming popular in American cars as well.
If you have the key in your pocket, just stop the car, close all doors and leave and after you move 10 feet from the car, the car locks itself and gives an audio-visual BLIP. Same for opening, the moment you are within 10 feet of the car, the car BLIPs and opens for you to enter..

Raja, and other Cedia owners,
During the first servicing, do they really do any tuning?
I understand that first (1000km) servicing is just to check if every thing's fine with the car. It's the second (10000km) servicing in which they change the oil etc.

After the first servicing, I did not notice any difference in my car's performance/smoothness. But It was already smooth anyway !

I am wondering the same as well Jyodi...
I asked them what they did, and they said just normal check and cleaning. They didn't change any oil. But, the car is improving in smoothness and (I should not be saying this...) mileage as well. With my driving habits of accelerate and brake, the car gives me 10+ nowadays in Chennai-Chaotic conditions... And I drive to office and home at PEEEEAK hours...

I guess it is not first servicing, it is the RUN-IN that gives me all that...

I am sure they change oil during first service to remove metal particles de to break-in

I don't know about Mitsubishi, but all Honda cars complete their engine run-in before they leave the factory. So all metal particles are removed in the factory itself.
Quote:

Originally Posted by megger (Post 654705)
I am sure they change oil during first service to remove metal particles de to break-in

Thats what most of the car makers do. But nevertheless, they recommend first 1000 kms to be considered as run-in, just to be on the afer side..
but, the dealers told me that the DID NOT Change any oil during first service...

Jyodi / Raja... You guys are right.

No oil change is required at the first 1000km service. They just cleaned my car and checked / tightened the chassis fasteners - sort of run-in for the chassis. Nothing was done in and around the engine.

Another point... I understand from Mitsubishi service center that wheel alignment is due only at 40,000km. Until then, at every 10,000km they only check to see if the alignment is OK. And, of course, tyre rotation is recommended every 10,000km to lengthen the life of the tyres. I got my tyre rotation done at 10,000km. And also got the front wheels balanced at 12,000km.

Please share your inputs / experiences regarding wheel alignment / tyre rotation for the CEDIA.

All you folks are making me more excited.

i;m expecting my cedia sports yellow to be delivered before 25th Dec with 2008 chasis.

Raja: i too noticed many cedias in chennai. ofcourse all models, select, spirit,sports, elegance and in allmost all available colours.

but couldnt get a chance to see yellow one closely( i saw a yellow one going opposite to me but due to traffic, not able to catch it)

So joining Cedia Family in few days

Quote:

Originally Posted by deepanonline (Post 654978)
All you folks are making me more excited.

i;m expecting my cedia sports yellow to be delivered before 25th Dec with 2008 chasis.

Raja: i too noticed many cedias in chennai. ofcourse all models, select, spirit,sports, elegance and in allmost all available colours.

but couldnt get a chance to see yellow one closely( i saw a yellow one going opposite to me but due to traffic, not able to catch it)

So joining Cedia Family in few days

Deepan, I am sure you will love your Cedia and the fact that you are one of the few exclusive people who own a yellow Cedia.

Talking about delivery, why is it taking so much time for your car to be delivered? What is your waiting time after booking? I though that delivery took just about a week's time. In fact when I got my car, I was told I could have it in 4 days, which I did!