Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2008, 20:40   #31
BHPian

Update 15000 kms

MODS:Please Update the thread title

Well, my baby has got past the 15K mark. So, lets share what has happened!

Some Memorable Trips

3 Trips to Vaishno Devi via Jammu( i m addicted)
4-5 Trips to Chandigarh (Chandigarh di kudiyan)
A Trip to Jaipur
A Trip to Agra

I guess, more or less these were the long trips made

Fuel Efficiency

The baby is shelling out 11 kmpl to my dad in city but to my heavy foot she is giving 10kmpl with AC on all the time even in winters.

On highways, around 15 kmpl with AC on is a decent figure.

Ooohs & Aaahs

Well the baby got injured & bruised about 4 odd times.

Once, a thele vaala left his thela rolling & it banged into the rear right side of the car. The paint got scraped off & a minor rust got accumulated above the rear right wheel arch.

Rest three happened due to those menacing bikers spoiling the bumper.

NVH

Noise is still negligible inside the car. Its real smooth. Yep, but when you rev it beyond 5500 rom it growls like a wild cat. (I love wild cats)cheers:

No signs of vibrations as such but the inside of the door handle on the co-passenger side makes squeaking noises when u grip it. Lack of insulation inside.

Harshness nopes.

Handling

In city, it is extremely pleasant, but doing 170s on highways & braking sometimes gives you jitters. The steering is too light. I think it should have been hydraulic.

Near Death Experience

Doing home to my college in Gurgaon on the expressway, just after the toll booth one fine morning, speeding about 170 kmph, a cyclist came onto the flyover(Ambience Mall one) that too from the wrong side. I was out of my wits as i couldn't move to my right due to another car i was overtaking.

I braked hard, the car moved to the left, then to the right & narrowly missed the idiot. I thanked god & then again speeded up.!!

All in all, its a nice package with decent motor not meant for drags but definitely for drifts.

Top Speed Achieved: in between 170 & 175 on Bijwasan Road( One entering dwarka) at 5 in the morning.

Will update on 20000!!!

Last edited by GTO : 5th December 2008 at 11:01. Reason: No more than two smilies please
Old 4th December 2008, 20:55   #32
Senior - BHPian

Great. I can see how excited you are with your love

But forum rules says no for more than 2 smiles. lol...

Quote:
3 Trips to Vaishno Devi via Jammu( i m addicted)
Thats really great. So how did the vehicle behave in those conditions? Ground clearance, engine starting etc?

Btw. how was the helicopter ride
Old 4th December 2008, 21:03   #33
BHPian

Oops i forgot about the rules. I m sorry!!!

Well, the car was perfect fun to drive in those terrains. No power lag in 4th gear & easy maneuverability, thanx to the EPS. No, issues of Ground Clearance also.

No chopper rides too, coz our whole family of 4 goes out most of the times & jammu being my mum's native place so everyone goes.

Chopper being expensive at 2000 odd bucks per person!!

Most Viewed