Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2009, 07:04   #106
BHPian

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
Well actually this is the reason for the name with a minor correction!!

The SX4 name is derived from (S)port (X) - over for (4) seasons

check out the link:

Suzuki SX4 Crossover Research All Models and Prices - MSN Autos
Thanks. Appreciate your effort.
Regards,
Sarin
Old 24th April 2009, 06:38   #107
BHPian

3rd free service

Guys,
I have completed 9300KM and planning for a long trip sometime middle of May. What do you suggest? Doing the 3rd free service before or after the trip. Before the trip, I may not complete the 10000KM and also complete only 11months after I bought this vehicle. After the trip, for sure, I complete 10K mark? How important is that 10K KM mark?
Sarin
Old 24th April 2009, 09:51   #108
Senior - BHPian

Sarinkumar,

If your trip is very long and you expect the odo to go beyond 10,500 Km, it will be a good idea to get the car serviced before the trip. Else you could get it done after the trip.
Old 24th April 2009, 16:09   #109
BHPian

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Sarinkumar,

If your trip is very long and you expect the odo to go beyond 10,500 Km, it will be a good idea to get the car serviced before the trip. Else you could get it done after the trip.
Thanks Rajaneesh. I think it may slightly above 10, 500KM. I will follow your opinion.
Regards,
Sarin
Old 25th April 2009, 08:48   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarinkumar View Post
Thanks Rajaneesh. I think it may slightly above 10, 500KM. I will follow your opinion.
Regards,
Sarin
For warranty to be valid (as per the extended warranty booklet) you need to get the car serviced within 1000 km or within 30 days of the service becoming due.
Old 4th May 2009, 16:29   #111
BHPian

900 kms travel info in Mar09 built SX4 ZXi

Just came back from a 900kms(2days) tour and observed following things about my New Mar'09 SX4 ZXi.

Stability:
Does not let at you down.
High speed braking & [COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#000000]Maneuverability: Awesome especially with the help of ABS.[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]

Mileage:
I am getting the mileage as like any other sedan. i.e. 10.5 to 11kmpl in City, 14.4kmpl in highway with some spirited driving.

Seating comfort: with the driver seat put back, the seat comfort is good. If the seat is taken a bit front, the lumbar support reduces and is a pain.
The passenger seating comfort is very good (as per my family comment).
The back of middle seat in the rear is good, compared to the 2008 model SX4. (hope everyone knows that the arm rest has been made flat compared to earlier protruding one.
I wish in the arm rest Maruti should have provided cup holders rather than making it plain.

Tyres:
The tyre noise is pretty high, wish I should have listened to one of my cousin's words and shuold have changed the day I got the delivery of the car. Maruti are you listening? Please change those JK tyre to better ones.

Ground clearance:
No doubt that this can be called the best thing in the SX4. I dont need to worry about any hump in Bangalore. Have never scraped through anywhere.

Exhaust:
How I wish the exhaust should have been visible and should have been parallel to road surface, so that I could have fitted a chrome tip. This is my personal like though.

Anup
Old 4th May 2009, 16:31   #112
BHPian

Mods,
please remove the unwanted font in my earlier post.
Old 4th May 2009, 20:10   #113
BHPian

Sound

Guys,
The sound while crossing the humb is back again. What I found this time is that, this happened while crossing the hump without slowing down properly and simultaneous breaking. Not sure this is due to flap or the suspension as mentioned earlier in the forum
Regards,
Sarin

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks